2019-2020 Commonwealth (Geisinger)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Secondary Prompt:

1) Given Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine’s unique mission and values, please tell us why you feel you are a good fit for our institution.
2) List the five most important attributes you feel a physician should possess. Please choose one that you feel you embody and describe a personal experience that demonstrates this trait.
3) Geisinger Commonwealth values diversity and is committed to maintaining an inclusive environment. How do you think you can contribute to our commitment to diversity and inclusion?
4) If you have previously applied to Geisinger Commonwealth’s Doctor of Medicine program, please describe your significant experiences between this year’s application and your previous application. If you are not a previous applicant, please type, “N/A” in the response area.
5) Are you currently enrolled or a graduate of Geisinger Commonwealth’s Master of Biomedical Sciences program? (yes/no)
6) Request Fee Waiver (yes/no)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: The Commonwealth Medical College

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
@PapaGuava @Goro

secondary received!!

1) Given Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine’s unique mission and values, please tell us why you feel you are a good fit for our institution.
2) List the five most important attributes you feel a physician should possess. Please choose one that you feel you embody and describe a personal experience that demonstrates this trait.
3) Geisinger Commonwealth values diversity and is committed to maintaining an inclusive environment. How do you think you can contribute to our commitment to diversity and inclusion?
4) If you have previously applied to Geisinger Commonwealth’s Doctor of Medicine program, please describe your significant experiences between this year’s application and your previous application. If you are not a previous applicant, please type, “N/A” in the response area.
5) Are you currently enrolled or a graduate of Geisinger Commonwealth’s Master of Biomedical Sciences program? (yes/no)

@PapaGuava @Goro

secondary received!!

+1 Received as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anybody else having trouble submitting?
I see you've figured it out, but now I'm struggling! I paid and got an email confirming payment, but it's saying my payment isn't complete and therefore I can't submit? Anybody else?

Members don't see this ad :)
I see you've figured it out, but now I'm struggling! I paid and got an email confirming payment, but it's saying my payment isn't complete and therefore I can't submit? Anybody else?
The problem I was having is that it wasn't marking the page with my essays complete, but after a few minutes and logging out and logging back in it worked. Maybe try that?

Reactions: 1 user
anyone know the character/word counts? Is it 1500 characters each like last year?

OOS, verified 6/28/19, secondary received 7/1/19. Good luck everyone!

Looking at their MD admissions page, for the previous class, they had 37 "preferred counties." Is this counties OOS that they prefer to bring in? I'm in the south and I may have applied erroneously (like how UWash is "OOS friendly.")

Looking at their MD admissions page, for the previous class, they had 37 "preferred counties." Is this counties OOS that they prefer to bring in? I'm in the south and I may have applied erroneously (like how UWash is "OOS friendly.")
From what I know about Geisinger, they are very regionally focused. I would think those counties are the counties they serve, and that 37 students of their class of 110 are from the area.

They have a huge preference for applicants connected to Northeast PA

SCRANTON WHAT? THE ELECTRIC CITY!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone get an email that they are complete? Never got one but my status says, “your application is ready!”

Did anyone get an email that they are complete? Never got one but my status says, “your application is ready!”
I did but my application status hasn't changed yet.

I just paid for my application and it keeps saying I haven't paid. I even got the receipt for it. Anyone know how to fix this?

I just paid for my application and it keeps saying I haven't paid. I even got the receipt for it. Anyone know how to fix this?
This happened to me too, but I got it fixed when I emailed the admissions office with the receipt. It was annoying since I submitted the secondary on the first day I received it and checked 10 days later with that message and my secondary not being submitted.

On their website it states that they require one full year of orgo with lab, I have one year of orgo lecture but only orgo 1 lab. However, I took biochemistry lab, do you think that will be able to substitute for orgo 2 lab?

Does anybody know when interview invites start getting sent out here?

Does anybody know when interview invites start getting sent out here?
Looks like last year the first one that got reported on sdn was 8/7. So this week possibly.

II, OOS

Reactions: 5 users
II for OOS secondary submitted 7/15

Reactions: 2 users
Good morning! II for IS. I submitted on 7.14 :)

II Complete 7/11. IS

II today!! :D (congrats to all the others!!)

IS, complete 7/15

Reactions: 3 users