2019-2020 Commonwealth (Geisinger)

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Secondary Prompt:

1) Given Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine’s unique mission and values, please tell us why you feel you are a good fit for our institution.
2) List the five most important attributes you feel a physician should possess. Please choose one that you feel you embody and describe a personal experience that demonstrates this trait.
3) Geisinger Commonwealth values diversity and is committed to maintaining an inclusive environment. How do you think you can contribute to our commitment to diversity and inclusion?
4) If you have previously applied to Geisinger Commonwealth’s Doctor of Medicine program, please describe your significant experiences between this year’s application and your previous application. If you are not a previous applicant, please type, “N/A” in the response area.
5) Are you currently enrolled or a graduate of Geisinger Commonwealth’s Master of Biomedical Sciences program? (yes/no)
6) Request Fee Waiver (yes/no)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: The Commonwealth Medical College
 
Last edited:
@PapaGuava @Goro

secondary received!!

1) Given Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine’s unique mission and values, please tell us why you feel you are a good fit for our institution.
2) List the five most important attributes you feel a physician should possess. Please choose one that you feel you embody and describe a personal experience that demonstrates this trait.
3) Geisinger Commonwealth values diversity and is committed to maintaining an inclusive environment. How do you think you can contribute to our commitment to diversity and inclusion?
4) If you have previously applied to Geisinger Commonwealth’s Doctor of Medicine program, please describe your significant experiences between this year’s application and your previous application. If you are not a previous applicant, please type, “N/A” in the response area.
5) Are you currently enrolled or a graduate of Geisinger Commonwealth’s Master of Biomedical Sciences program? (yes/no)
6) Request Fee Waiver (yes/no)
 
@PapaGuava @Goro

secondary received!!

1) Given Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine’s unique mission and values, please tell us why you feel you are a good fit for our institution.
2) List the five most important attributes you feel a physician should possess. Please choose one that you feel you embody and describe a personal experience that demonstrates this trait.
3) Geisinger Commonwealth values diversity and is committed to maintaining an inclusive environment. How do you think you can contribute to our commitment to diversity and inclusion?
4) If you have previously applied to Geisinger Commonwealth’s Doctor of Medicine program, please describe your significant experiences between this year’s application and your previous application. If you are not a previous applicant, please type, “N/A” in the response area.
5) Are you currently enrolled or a graduate of Geisinger Commonwealth’s Master of Biomedical Sciences program? (yes/no)
6) Request Fee Waiver (yes/no)
+1 Received as well.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I see you've figured it out, but now I'm struggling! I paid and got an email confirming payment, but it's saying my payment isn't complete and therefore I can't submit? Anybody else?
The problem I was having is that it wasn't marking the page with my essays complete, but after a few minutes and logging out and logging back in it worked. Maybe try that?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looking at their MD admissions page, for the previous class, they had 37 "preferred counties." Is this counties OOS that they prefer to bring in? I'm in the south and I may have applied erroneously (like how UWash is "OOS friendly.")
 
Looking at their MD admissions page, for the previous class, they had 37 "preferred counties." Is this counties OOS that they prefer to bring in? I'm in the south and I may have applied erroneously (like how UWash is "OOS friendly.")
From what I know about Geisinger, they are very regionally focused. I would think those counties are the counties they serve, and that 37 students of their class of 110 are from the area.
 
Looking at their MD admissions page, for the previous class, they had 37 "preferred counties." Is this counties OOS that they prefer to bring in? I'm in the south and I may have applied erroneously (like how UWash is "OOS friendly.")

They have a huge preference for applicants connected to Northeast PA
 
Did anyone get an email that they are complete? Never got one but my status says, “your application is ready!”
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just paid for my application and it keeps saying I haven't paid. I even got the receipt for it. Anyone know how to fix this?
 
I just paid for my application and it keeps saying I haven't paid. I even got the receipt for it. Anyone know how to fix this?
This happened to me too, but I got it fixed when I emailed the admissions office with the receipt. It was annoying since I submitted the secondary on the first day I received it and checked 10 days later with that message and my secondary not being submitted.
 
On their website it states that they require one full year of orgo with lab, I have one year of orgo lecture but only orgo 1 lab. However, I took biochemistry lab, do you think that will be able to substitute for orgo 2 lab?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad