2019-2020 Commonwealth (Geisinger)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think I’m starting to see a pattern here lmao. My interviewer legit shook my hand and complimented how great the interview went aaaaaand waitlist.
Maybe we were all interviewing for the MBS program

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
I was accepted somewhere else and will be leaving Scranton soon. If you are looking for a nice 2 bed 2 bath apartment close to the school and with a nice view of the mountains, please reach out to me! Good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 1 user
has there been any waitlist movement? i also had a similar experience where my interviewer said hope to see you here next year but then i was put on the alternate list

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
has there been any waitlist movement? i also had a similar experience where my interviewer said hope to see you here next year but then i was put on the alternate list

I know a few people from my mbs class that have gotten off of the waitlist in the last few weeks, but not this week. I'm sure they are still moving the waitlist though. Some of them even interviewed after me after I'm sure we both got the "this was a great interview and you'll make a great fit in next years class" comments.

Yeah makes sense the school will prefer their MBS students and in state students over oos. I just hope turn over is big so oos students who are in the wailist like me get a chance.

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah makes sense the school will prefer their MBS students and in state students over oos. I just hope turn over is big so oos students who are in the wailist like me get a chance.
What is the CTE deadline for this school? That may help determine when more waitlist movement will happen if people drop their acceptances.

What is the CTE deadline for this school? That may help determine when more waitlist movement will happen if people drop their acceptances.
From online it seems that it is 21 days before matriculation/orientation. So around mid july. Most other schools the CTE is first two weeks of July too. That means people who have an A in Giesinger and waiting from other schools are more likely to get offers to other schools and withdraw then. So I think we are more likely to hear back from mid July to beginng of August.

From online it seems that it is 21 days before matriculation/orientation. So around mid july. Most other schools the CTE is first two weeks of July too. That means people who have an A in Giesinger and waiting from other schools are more likely to get offers to other schools and withdraw then. So I think we are more likely to hear back from mid July to beginng of August.
It is July 13th!!

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew application. Not sure where I was in the waitlist queue, but it's shorter by one =)

Good luck to all!

I withdrew my acceptance last week, I hope one of you gets it!

Reactions: 4 users
Do you think there’s been any more waitlist
movement or will there be any more?

"Thank you for your message and continued interest in Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. We do not share any information on waitlist list position or waitlist movement." That is the reply I got..

Members don't see this ad :)
So i think the safe assumption is there will probably more waitlist movement after July 15 (CTE deadline). Until then I doubt there will be much.

Think the class is overfilled, doubt much movement

• Wow
Yea guys be indifferent and just enjoy the summer. It is what it is.

I got the accepted off waitlist Friday June 19 around 4pm, so there’s still some movement. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone else in the waitlist receive this?

"We are sending you this letter to notify you that documentation is required to finalize your financial aid. Please see the document(s) listed below that need to be provided to the Financial Aid Office at Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.

You can also view your missing documents on Empower Web. It will provide you with access to your information and the website you can go to resolve your missing documents.

Click here to access Empower Web"

anyone in waitlist got that financial aid around 230 pm today email yes/no?

Nope. Check the “choose your med school” tool, maybe there’s a surprise waiting!
I don't have a "Choose your medical school" option under quick links. May it was a mistake from the financial department. I am not sure. I have not received any other email otherwise in terms of acceptance. I also checked on my admission portal and nothing there.

I got this financial aid email too, did you reach out to them and ask about it?
Yeah so first I thought it might be something do with finalizing me from waitlist to accepted student. So I asked them about my empower access. I got a reply this morning saying that I should have received empower access shorty after my acceptance. As of today, I have not received my acceptance email. I just replied that on the email chain just now. I will keep you updated.

Yeah so first I thought it might be something do with finalizing me from waitlist to accepted student. So I asked them about my empower access. I got a reply this morning saying that I should have received empower access shorty after my acceptance. As of today, I have not received my acceptance email. I just replied that on the email chain just now. I will keep you updated.
Oh whoa strange! I certainly have not been accepted either. Please do let me know what they respond!

Withdrew my acceptance yesterday, was a really tough decision because it’s such a great school. Hopefully it will go to one of you guys soon!

Just withdrew my AL spot as my cte deadline for another school is tmrw. Really loved this program but it is what it is. Best of luck to you all!

Anyone get the waitlist protocol email to withdraw from geisinger if accepted to another school? Idk why they would send me this as I’m not accepted anywhere lol

Ok everyone got this one right ?

"As the 2019-2020 admissions cycle nears an end, I would like to encourage you to update your waitlist status in your application portal. If you have been admitted to another allopathic or osteopathic medical school, and you would not be willing to relinquish your seat there if offered a position at Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, we ask that you please withdraw your waitlist position at GCSOM.

If you wish to withdraw, you may do so in your application portal, or you may email: [email protected]. If you choose to send an email, please include your AMCAS ID."

Just be sure if I want to stay in the waitlist I don't do anything right

If anything this shows that movement is going to happen soon. I am assuming they just want to have a good turn out from kids they accept from wailtist.

I just got the call! Accepted off the waitlist, In-state. Good luck everyone else!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
If you guys wanna get a early start

this is a great resource. Secondary usually doesn't change year to year so this is still applicable. Also this site gets updated.

It’s over thankfully, committed to enroll,

• Love
Got the call at 11:44 am that I was accepted off the waitlist!!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users