2019-2020 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! Any interview tips for those of us who haven't interviewed yet?

Easier said than done, but RELAX! I freaked out when I completed my interview, but hopefully I did well enough. I interviewed 10/4, so no decision yet :( Anxiously waiting. My top choice.

Faculty interviewers were nice, but my nerves got the better of me and I was sweating like crazy....

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know if they stagger releasing news? people from my same interview date seem to have heard back, but i haven’t yet!

Reactions: 1 user
Do any of you remember exactly where you needed to go for the interview? Was it the admissions office?

Do any of you remember exactly where you needed to go for the interview? Was it the admissions office?

Yeah, the admissions office is on the upper floor of the SEC building. It's super easy to find. If you come from the big parking lot behind the building and enter the building where the cafeteria is, just go up the stairs by the statues (you'll know what I'm talking about when you're there,) and the office is right at the top of the stairs. All of the students are super duper friendly too, so don't be afraid to ask them for help if your lost!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete yesterday. Reapplicant, and DMU MS grad. Hoping for quick turn around for II.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, the admissions office is on the upper floor of the SEC building. It's super easy to find. If you come from the big parking lot behind the building and enter the building where the cafeteria is, just go up the stairs by the statues (you'll know what I'm talking about when you're there,) and the office is right at the top of the stairs. All of the students are super duper friendly too, so don't be afraid to ask them for help if your lost!!

Students are also VERY nice! I was walking around and the front door was locked, but a student scanned me in and guided me to the front of the admission's office. Fingers crossed we get some good news! Really pulling my hair since I would LOVE to attend DMU and would likely drop KCU (interview Saturday) f accepted. Let us know if you have any questions!

Complete yesterday. Reapplicant, and DMU MS grad. Hoping for quick turn around for II.
was completed on September 30th. Let's hope we get an II soon!! From what it looks like they are late on sending II

was completed on September 30th. Let's hope we get an II soon!! From what it looks like they are late on sending II

It feels like species have evolved quicker than the time its taking DMU to reject me.

• Haha
Received an II last night that I will be withdrawing. Complete 7/10. Good luck everyone.

You sent in 39 secondaries? Jesus lol, I sent 18 and was going mad by the end of that. Congrats though, it paid off!
Haha, it took from June to early September, and I'm working right now. I go crazy if I don't have productive things to do! Thanks.

Anyone else interview 9/26 and not hear anything this week? I was hoping today but it looks like that won't be the case.

Anyone else interview 9/26 and not hear anything this week? I was hoping today but it looks like that won't be the case.

I interviewed 9/27 and haven't heard anything, I've been checking my email like crazy

I swear the only time I get something is when I’m not frantically refreshing my inbox

II today, complete 7/17, but will be withdrawing. Good luck everyone!

II yesterday. Complete 7/18. Right on the 90th day.

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrawing from my interview on 11/18... hope it goes to one of y'all! Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Hoping this is the week I can finally destroy those MCAT prep materials. Interviewed 10/4, felt nervous throughout as it was my first interview, but hopefully my character shined! I want to stop worrying!

Rejected post-interview (9/26)

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys, would it be too late to submit AACOMAS to this school tomorrow?

Hey guys, would it be too late to submit AACOMAS to this school tomorrow?

Submit it if you have an extra $45 since there’s no secondary fee. They interview till March and have plenty of WL movement in May.

Frantically waiting.... I’m scared

Application placed on hold and still under review. Ah. Aight. No clue if that's good or bad lol

Application placed on hold and still under review. Ah. Aight. No clue if that's good or bad lol

they're probably just taking some extra time to look. I wouldn't be worried. They took the full 90 days to get back to me for an II, it's probably just peak season rn

Don't destroy it! Donate it to your university someone who can't afford the materials may need it! :)

Haha, yeah not destroying them, but just getting them out of sight because I HATE THEM! They're old TBR material though, so IDK if the current premeds would appreciate those materials with that 528 gunner mentality...

FINGERS CROSSED I HEAR BACK THIS WEEK! I'M STRESSING OUT!

How long did it take yall for them to review your app? I submitted 2 weeks ago, though it says I only have 9/10 supplemental items and I'm missing the "initial review". I guess I shouldn't be impatient if they're taking a full 90 days to decide for people though :)

You should get the complete email any day now! Stay patient, take your mind off this process and do something fun!

Interviewed here 9/27 and I haven't gotten a response back yet, should I be worried?

Interviewed here 9/27 and I haven't gotten a response back yet, should I be worried?

Dang I interviewed 10/4 and was hoping for a decision, but guess they’re backed up. No news is good news!

I am new on this forum and have been accepted to DMU. Would any current student mind telling me their experience with OMM/OMT? If you are not going into a primary care specialty, that would be super helpful. I’m curious how interwoven it is into the curriculum or if it is more lax.

I am new on this forum and have been accepted to DMU. Would any current student mind telling me their experience with OMM/OMT? If you are not going into a primary care specialty, that would be super helpful. I’m curious how interwoven it is into the curriculum or if it is more lax.
It isn't overly emphasized but its definitely a portion. I mean it is an original DO school. Its something like 50 min lecture 3x week and 1-2 labs. Even if you aren't super into it I've found it helped a lot to learn anatomy and just general body mechanics. It was never more than studying a couple days or even right before practicals, and I never got lower than an A. Its come up and helped for sure for me (I'm an M3). If you (or anyone) have specific questions feel free to PM me I try to answer when I'm not working my butt off on rotations

How long did it take yall for them to review your app? I submitted 2 weeks ago, though it says I only have 9/10 supplemental items and I'm missing the "initial review". I guess I shouldn't be impatient if they're taking a full 90 days to decide for people though :)
I just received the complete Email last night. Submitted my app first week of October. It took me about a week after having all the supplemental items marked received for the initial review to be completed.

Anyone hear back today? Anxiously waiting since they said 2-3 weeks during my interview session.

When did you interview? Today makes week 4 for me

10/4. This will be week 3 for me. They specifically said "we try for 2, but it will likely be 3 for your group".

Can any current students or those who have interviewed already confirm whether they are moving to pass/fail preclinical grades? I thought I heard this last year, but it might have just been hearsay.