2019-2020 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
H
At the interview they said they usually have a decision in 2 weeks (accepted, rejected, or wait listed)

Still waiting on mine and it's been 2 weeks now so looks like we're all waiting :)
hopefully tomorrow!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it too late to apply here?

I mean, it's not early, but also it is a DO school and they tend to have a longer admissions process/timeline so it's not necessary late either. I would submit - especially since they don't have a secondary. Shoot your shot.

Members don't see this ad :)
how was the day? Coming next week for mine. Was lunch good?

I interviewed in August. They give you a lunch card that you can use to buy lunch at their cafeteria. I got the daily special sandwich (think Subway but better) on toasted bread and it was AMAZING. Also grabbed a freshly baked cookie.

Reactions: 2 users
At the interview they said they usually have a decision in 2 weeks (accepted, rejected, or wait listed)

Still waiting on mine and it's been 2 weeks now so looks like we're all waiting :)
I interviewed 9/13 and they told us to expect a decision tomorrow (Friday 9/27). So...not like I'll be refreshing my email every 30 seconds...

Reactions: 3 users
just received the email reminding me of interview next Friday. ITS HAPPENING!! All this hard work is going to pay off :)

on a side note, anyone else interviewing 10/4?

Reactions: 3 users
I wonder if we are gonna hear anything today from the interview 2 weeks ago

I wonder what time of the day in the past they let people know?!
Me too- but I did get my interview invite on a Friday night at 8:10 PM so let's not give up quite yet...

Members don't see this ad :)
Just finished my app! Wish me luck everyone!

Just got an II but will be declining. Good luck to you all!

Just got that pre-II hold email.

Anyone know if there is any movement from this waitlist?

Me too- but I did get my interview invite on a Friday night at 8:10 PM so let's not give up quite yet...
Well I am thoroughly disappointed! Not sure why they would unnecessarily make a promise and then not keep it. Huh. Oh well, hopefully next week!

I interviewed early and they told us 1 week. Ended up taking 11 days and during the middle of the week.

Be patient y’all! They’re reviewing tons of apps and probably only meet once a week.

Reactions: 1 users
Pre- interview hold last night. Somewhat bummed

Withdrew my II. Hopefully, it goes to someone here! Good luck!

Complete August 17th... still no II

Does anyone know of someone getting in with a 504 mcat and 3.51 sGPA 3.56 cGPA?

Or am I delusional

Last edited:
Complete August 17th... still no II

Does anyone know of someone getting in with a 504 mcat and 3.51 cGPA 3.56 cGPA?

Or am I delusional

I'd say you're pretty competitive with those stats! Just hang in there!

II tonight. OOS... first DO II

Reactions: 6 users
Wow I didnt even know you were applying DO limey! Congrats
haha thanks imbesrs - a med student I know told me I wasn't competitive for MD schools and should apply to both so I applied to 3 and here we are :)

haha thanks imbesrs - a med student I know told me I wasn't competitive for MD schools and should apply to both so I applied to 3 and here we are :)
No one (not whatever idiot told you that, or even YOU) should say you aren't competitive! It's a total crapshoot and I'm sure there are both MD and DO schools that will want you for whatever reason. I wasn't straight up told that, but people implied it. I can't WAIT to get in to my dream school and prove em wrong. ;) Lets go.

No one (not whatever idiot told you that, or even YOU) should say you aren't competitive! It's a total crapshoot and I'm sure there are both MD and DO schools that will want you for whatever reason. I wasn't straight up told that, but people implied it. I can't WAIT to get in to my dream school and prove em wrong. ;) Lets go.
s/o to us non-trads :)

Good luck to those that got interviewed and to those that got accepted. Im waiting to see if I get II as well:)

Accepted. Interviewed on September 19th. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Hold up, when did you interview if you got the interview invitation on the 19th? Do you mean that you interviewed on the 19th?
Yeah sorry I meant I did the interview on the 19th.

Us September 13th guys really being left out in the cold.
FOR REAL THOUGH I'm sick of checking my portal for there to be nothing there... They said it would be by last Friday. It's taking everything I've got not to call :lol: but I mustn't.

Nice, just got that juicy rejection on my birthday!
27d.jpg

• Wow
Rejected. Shocked. This was my safety school. I’m literally terrified. Good luck everyone!

Rejected. Shocked. This was my safety school. I’m literally terrified. Good luck everyone!
5 other IIs, you’ll be fine! We believe in you and best of luck with the rest of the cycle!

My online app hasn’t updated. It just says status:completed. Does anyone else have this?

Does it say you have all the required documents? If so, you just have to wait until they make a decision on your app. If you’re n/n+1, you’ll have to wait till you’re complete before they start reviewing.