Dec 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
So I emailed them to confirm if they uploaded it and they said they did but I didn’t see it on my end so maybe they have their own filing folder.
Huh maybe- they confirmed they *would* upload it when i emailed it to them, but when i called they said they couldn’t see it, they then did put it in my file so I can see it now too. Seems a bit confusing/ disorganized, hopefully they keep track of everyone on their end and I was just being too neurotic!

Reactions: iluvmedicine528
Dec 5, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical, Medical Student (Accepted)
I just looked at the schedule they sent out and there is an hour and half of time from 9:30 to 11 where nothing is scheduled. Does anyone else have large gaps or was my schedule a typo? I’d email and ask but they didn’t send it out until 8:30 and the interview is tomorrow morning.

Dec 15, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I just looked at the schedule they sent out and there is an hour and half of time from 9:30 to 11 where nothing is scheduled. Does anyone else have large gaps or was my schedule a typo? I’d email and ask but they didn’t send it out until 8:30 and the interview is tomorrow morning.
Their in-person interview day had some significant gaps in it, too, so I’m not terribly surprised to hear that... I think that’s just a feature of their weird activity scheduling and not a bug unique to your itinerary. I wouldn’t sweat it too much, but you could definitely call first thing in the AM to double check! Either way, good luck!!!

About the Ads
Dec 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone think early Feb (1st week) interviews should hear today??
I could be totally wrong but i’d think almost everyone besides the upcoming interviews would hear today- the next date is april 20th, which is after the april 15th date when people have to pare down acceptances, so i’d think they’d want to let as many people know before then as possible, but again this is totally speculation!

Reactions: #wannabemd

fdizzle12

2+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I could be totally wrong but i’d think almost everyone besides the upcoming interviews would hear today- the next date is april 20th, which is after the april 15th date when people have to pare down acceptances, so i’d think they’d want to let as many people know before then as possible, but again this is totally speculation!
I would be surprised if interviews in March heard back today, but who knows

Jan 8, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone know if they let us know in the morning or in the afternoon

About the Ads
Jul 17, 2018
Praying to the all powerful covid-19 gods

About the Ads
About the Ads
Jul 18, 2019
They might release decisions between now until the next date. On the portal it says the dates are guidelines not actual dates when they are going to give out acceptances IIRC
Exactly this. Not only do decision dates tend to extend to cover the subsequent 3-4 days, but they have added decision dates in mid-months in the past. I believe last year they added a mid-March decision date IIRC

Reactions: #wannabemd
Jan 8, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
I interviewed the 2nd week of Feb and my interviewer said I'd find out this decision date... I really hope they're right about this haha
I was told I'd find out this decision date as well (I interviewed 1st week of Feb).. I dont know if they are sending out in batches or if Covid has them really behind. Don't know if I should just stop checking my email and expect to wait another month or what...

Dec 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I interviewed the 2nd week of Feb and my interviewer said I'd find out this decision date... I really hope they're right about this haha
The trend this cycle seems to be announcing acceptances all at once first, then deferrals, then rejections. Unless they're doing something new (adding decision dates before next month) or been severely delayed because of COVID-19 caused restructures... well, then everything is up in the air.

Dec 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
my only hope is that they notify deferred applicants separately? I haven't seen that many deferred applicants get accepted yet - not sure tho
Purely speculation here, but my sense is that us deferred folks will probably hear after all interviews are over. We're in the pile of "good enough for interview, but not good enough for immediate acceptance" so until all interviews are complete and all the insta-accepted are through, they'll go through the deferred list as spots allow. Depends how many acceptances they give out in the interviews left, and then it depends on how many people who were accepted end up committing here. Maybe they'll pull people off the deferred list if enough people interviewed and reviewed since last decision date didn't make the accepted list.

Anecdotally, I've known Drexel to keep people on the deferral list-turned-wait-list up until first day of classes in August without ANY notification.

Hopefully I'm wrong, so we will see!

Jul 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Anecdotally, I've known Drexel to keep people on the deferral list-turned-wait-list up until first day of classes in August without ANY notification.
Well this sucks. I'm lucky that I have another acceptance elsewhere so I'll probably just withdraw my app if I'm never even going to hear.

For reference, interviewed 10/17, deferred 11/25, silence since then.

Reactions: spa1113 and BCB153
About the Ads