romeonachos

2+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
How generous are the scholarships/what percentage of the class receive them? Also, for those accepted after April 1st, is it not possible to apply for scholarships at all?
Following up with this question. Interviewed in early Feb and awaiting a decision. Can I fill out the scholarship application if I haven't been accepted yet?

About the Ads

KaioKaizen

Spaghet Boi
2+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
ive seen you around this website a lot in the past, and just saw that you got accepted here. congrats! im currently finishing up my M1 year here and i have really been enjoying it so far. if you have any questions, let me know.
Thanks fam! Definitely will do. How're things going as an M1 now with all this corona stuff?

ciestar

All grown up! MS4!
5+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Has anyone gotten information regarding how to access the virtual interviews? I have mine upcoming in a few days and I haven't gotten anything. I tried calling them and it's automated to where their office is closed.... Kinda starting to freak out now!
It’s match week so most of the admin offices are closed for that.

Jan 8, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Do you guys think everything going on could postpone Monday being decision day?

Feb 27, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anybody have an idea when the final interview date is? I've been on hold since January and I'm feeling like its getting very late for an interview :(

About the Ads

Melchizedek

Fastest Draw To WW
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Does anybody have an idea when the final interview date is? I've been on hold since January and I'm feeling like its getting very late for an interview :(
Bruh.
There’s some bigger things going on in life right now?
Maybe you heard how it’s shutting down entire medical education systems?
Called Corona?
Catch my drift?
Bruh?

Dec 15, 2019
Status
Bruh.
Called Corona?
Catch my drift?
Bruh?
For people working gap year jobs or about to graduate from college, the prospect of entering into medical school (even if done remotely) in the fall provides some sense of stability and direction in an otherwise uncertain time. I can’t imagine having to scramble for a job this summer or go through the financial hardship of applying/interviewing again next year. I would hazard that a lot of other applicants feel similarly, even with the circumstances surrounding COVID-19 right now. Perhaps especially because of those circumstances.

Wishing you all the best this cycle, @Kofi_medicine! I’ve heard that Drexel interviews well into April, but I’m not sure whether or not that will be the case this year. Either way, you could certainly send an update letter.

ciestar

All grown up! MS4!
5+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Bruh.
Called Corona?
Catch my drift?
Bruh?
M1’s have barely been effected at all. M2’s only in the sense that many Step exams have been cancelled. However, clinical stuff will be starting soon.

Either way, your condescending post wasnt necessary.

TheDataKing

lover of #s and stats
Bronze Donor
May 16, 2018
Status
Panic doesn't serve any purpose right now - it's a period of turmoil and is scary and anxiety provoking for many. Let's keep it civil, especially in school-specific discussions, please.

Nov 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
About the Ads
Nov 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I just got an interview (virtual) for Drexel?!?! I honestly didn’t realize that any schools where still offering. Anyone know why they are interviewing so late, it doesn’t seem like a great sign if they are disorganized enough to still be interviewing at the end of March.
They traditionally interview late into the cycle not a result of disorganization.

Oct 24, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I just got an interview (virtual) for Drexel?!?! I honestly didn’t realize that any schools where still offering. Anyone know why they are interviewing so late, it doesn’t seem like a great sign if they are disorganized enough to still be interviewing at the end of March.
ridiculous question honestly. Just take it or withdraw for someone who actually wants it.

notthrowingawaymyshot

MD Class of 2024 (◠‿◠✿)
2+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2017
Status
I don’t think it’s about disorganization there are many schools that interview through April as that’s their normal timeline :) every school is different! If you’re interested in Drexel and would attend if you got accepted I would say go for it especially since you don’t have to worry financial strains due to it being video!

edit: if you already have other A’s that you would pick other Drexel though maybe consider letting this one go to someone else

Dec 5, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical, Medical Student (Accepted)
I appreciate the responses. My question wasn’t meant to be rude, I just honestly wasn’t expecting interview offers still. Interviewing is totally new to me and where I go to medical school will be one of my most important life choices to date. Nobody in my family has ever gone to medical school so all of this Can be very confusing. To assume that I don’t actually want it seems a little presumptuous.

Melchizedek

Fastest Draw To WW
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2016
Status
Medical Student
I appreciate the responses. My question wasn’t meant to be rude, I just honestly wasn’t expecting interview offers still. Interviewing is totally new to me and where I go to medical school will be one of my most important life choices to date. Nobody in my family has ever gone to medical school so all of this Can be very confusing. To assume that I don’t actually want it seems a little presumptuous.
No no don't worry it wasn't rude. It was a fair question!
People around hear can get a little touchy this time of year, and different attitudes lead to unintended interpretations.

Aktak

Denali - The Great One
Silver Donor
Sep 16, 2019
The Last Frontier
Status
Pre-Medical
I don’t think it’s about disorganization there are many schools that interview through April as that’s their normal timeline :) every school is different! If you’re interested in Drexel and would attend if you got accepted I would say go for it especially since you don’t have to worry financial strains due to it being video!

edit: if you already have other A’s that you would pick other Drexel though maybe consider letting this one go to someone else
Just saw your signature! Congrats!!!!

Apr 12, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know if there’s a way to send a second update? The portal only accepts one

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Nov 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know if there’s a way to send a second update? The portal only accepts one

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
You can email it to the admissions email!

About the Ads
Nov 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Make sure they actually upload it though! I had to call a few times before it actually got put into my file
So I emailed them to confirm if they uploaded it and they said they did but I didn’t see it on my end so maybe they have their own filing folder.

Kirby Smart

2+ Year Member
May 21, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Wow just got an II here, very surprised to say the least! As a skeptic I wonder if they're just offering a ton of these since they're online now lol, but here goes nothing!

Premed'95

2+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Does everyone plan on using headphones with a mic or just the built-in mic on your laptop? (Sorry this is my first virtual interview)

Last edited:
About the Ads