2019-2020 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when, historically, the last batch of II's have gone out?
Not sure exactly, when I signed up 2 days ago though they had dates open the week of April 6th

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed over video-chat yesterday! Very enjoyable & informative.

In the slideshow, they mentioned that they typically give ~1,500 IIs and ~800 As to fill their class of 260 students.

People who interviewed recently will have to wait until April 20th or later for an initial decision but it should be a fairly active deferred/alternate list considering the turnover.

Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 10 users

In the slideshow, they mentioned that they typically give ~1,500 IIs and ~800 As to fill their class of 260 students.

People who interviewed recently will have to wait until April 20th or later for an initial decision but it should be a fairly active deferred/alternate list considering the turnover.

Best of luck everyone!
Was the 30 minute essay included in the virtual interview?

Members don't see this ad :)

Best of luck everyone!

Great to hear! Did they send the zoom link and schedule the morning of your interview? I haven't gotten anything yet and mine is scheduled for tmrw morning.

Great to hear! Did they send the zoom link and schedule the morning of your interview? I haven't gotten anything yet and mine is scheduled for tmrw morning.

I got my email with the zoom link & schedule around 6 pm EST the day before my interview. A little late but in plenty of time!

Attachments

• 5994B374-F994-40CC-99CC-3F5C555AB85C.jpeg
    5994B374-F994-40CC-99CC-3F5C555AB85C.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 196
Weird, I didn't get that. Anyway, thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
I got my email with the zoom link & schedule around 6 pm EST the day before my interview. A little late but in plenty of time!

I got it! Thanks. Do we have a break to eat something, or is that during the interview with the current student?

In case anyone wanted to understand the culture and administration of Drexel:
Its the only Philly area med school not restricting its students from volunteering on the front lines of the COVID pandemic. Something that many students are taking advantage of to get involved in local efforts.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
$hopefulmed on cash app if anybody is feeling generous and wants to help. Will use proceeds to buy meals for a local hospital team impacted by coronavirus. I’m a Drexel applicant too

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys did anyone else email their interviewer to say thank you and then later notice that your email had been uploaded to your portal? This happened to me and my interviewer uploaded it under the Update category. So now that I actually want to submit an update letter, I am not sure where to put it? Should I just submit it under a different category since technically I did not use the update category yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys did anyone else email their interviewer to say thank you and then later notice that your email had been uploaded to your portal? This happened to me and my interviewer uploaded it under the Update category. So now that I actually want to submit an update letter, I am not sure where to put it? Should I just submit it under a different category since technically I did not use the update category yet?
just email your update letter to admissions and they'll upload to your application

Okay, I was just nervous about that because I saw someone say that their update was never uploaded
Yeah my update was never uploaded on my end but they said that they uploaded it on their end so i didn’t want to question them.

Any medical school students willing to comment on how Drexel is dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic? Are you guys being forced to continue rotations? Did they make rotations P/F? Any idea on what will happen with this new incoming class of 2020?

Any medical school students willing to comment on how Drexel is dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic? Are you guys being forced to continue rotations? Did they make rotations P/F? Any idea on what will happen with this new incoming class of 2020?
Nobody has commented on if grading changed for rotations, that is a good question. Rotations cancelled until May. Virtual ones are going on though.

Match day was cancelled and now commencement is too.

Do any recent interviewees mind explaining the structure of the virtual interview day? Are you in front of the computer for the full length of time (i.e. 11:00-4:30)?

Portal updated to reflect weekly release of decisions effective today.

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users
My portal says the following:

Starting March 30, 2020, decisions will be delivered on a weekly basis until all interviewed applicants have been considered by the Admissions Committee
It seems like today is a decision day then

Praying for National Doctors Day good energy

Reactions: 5 users
ACCEPTED at 3:23 EST
SO SURREAL this is my first acceptance!!!!!!!!
interviewed feb 3

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Just a lonely Dec interviewee chillin right here..

Congrats to all accepted :)

Are they still sending interviews? I'm on the alternative list for an interview and have not heard back. I have sent two update letters and am feeling hopeless :(

Reactions: 4 users
Just got accepted also at 3:23 interviewed 2/3 or sometime around there. I honestly can't believe it. Does anyone know for the merit based scholarships, do we need to do anything? The survey for need based scholarships asks for Drexel ID which I haven't been provided with I don't think. Anyone have insight? Tried calling admissions but they are closed.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Are they still sending interviews? I'm on the alternative list for an interview and have not heard back. I have sent two update letters and am feeling hopeless :(

What is the alternative interview list?

Does anyone know how to officially withdraw from other med schools? I am trying to narrow my acceptances down to 3 but I don't see any options on the official AMCAS site. Is the only way to narrow them down via direct communication with the schools?

interviewed in late January and got a deferred email today! my portal doesn't say weekly reviews though, it says monthly still

Those of you who were accepted, did you get the confirmation email that confirms that you'd like to hold your spot? The portal says we should receive one but I have not yet. Also, is there an accepted students page that we will be added to?

for those accepted- do you know if we choose to hold our acceptance, do we need to withdraw from all other schools where we're waitlisted?

for those accepted- do you know if we choose to hold our acceptance, do we need to withdraw from all other schools where we're waitlisted?

Theres a ton of posts in the main forum about this (it’s so damn confusing haha). An AAMC kind of highlights what to do.

From my understanding if you select PTE, you don’t have to withdraw. Only when you select CTE you have to withdraw.

However, if you are 100% sure you’re going to go to Drexel and you are not deciding on anywhere else, you can CTE and then you must withdraw other acceptances/waitlists.

Please be mindful of the CTE deadlines - they are different for every school! You don’t want to miss this deadline and then have a hard earned acceptance rescinded!

Those of you who were accepted, did you get the confirmation email that confirms that you'd like to hold your spot? The portal says we should receive one but I have not yet. Also, is there an accepted students page that we will be added to?
I am also wondering about an accepted students page. Anyone have insight?

Does anyone know if the virtual interview day involves a student interview AND a faculty interview? I just got the schedule and it says “interview with _____ student” and then after that a doctor’s name is listed in the next time slot so I’m confused as to whether that’s the main interview or like a closing address to all the interviewees?