You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Drexel
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
can i be the one to ask when you interviewed??Accepted off WL just now. Will be declining. Good luck to everyone waiting on decisions from Drexel!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
can i be the one to ask when you interviewed??
February. My understanding is that the WL is ranked making interview dates less relevant.
wow gotta love the anticipation while constantly refreshing your email only to be continually disappointed
So many people getting A and withdrawing and here I am with 0 A with 0 emails to read.
Card dealer
Full Member
+1, it's reassuring though that Drexel has been moving their large WL so there may be a little glimmer of hope for me..So many people getting A and withdrawing and here I am with 0 A with 0 emails to read.
I have seen many people throughout the cycle reporting A's and immediately withdrawing afterward, why not withdraw your waitlist position before if you do not intend to attend the school? Withdrawing after receiving the A just makes the process much longer. Many others, like me, are on multiple waitlists and have 0 acceptances and are in the process of reapplying. Not trying to be harsh here but I am just genuinely curious.
Last edited:
wegotthisyall
Full Member
Congrats!! Can’t believe they put you on the waitlist just to pull you off 4 days later lol. This process never fails to befuddle me hahaJust got the A! Will be withdrawing it though so best luck to everyone else. II 3/23. WL 5/11. A 5/15
Has anyone who interviewed in April heard back yet?
wegotthisyall
Full Member
Not yet, interviewed 4/7 :/Has anyone who interviewed in April heard back yet?
futuredoc0995
Full Member
Has anyone who interviewed in April heard back yet?
I interviewed 4/1 and haven’t heard yet
I was on multiple WL’s with no A’s until this week. Withdrawing from WL’s was on the agenda for today when I got my A from Drexel.I have seen many people throughout the cycle reporting A's and immediately withdrawing afterward, why not withdraw your waitlist position before if you do not intend to attend the school? Withdrawing after receiving the A just makes the process much longer. Many others, like me, are on multiple waitlists and have 0 acceptances and are in the process of reapplying. Not trying to be harsh here but I am just genuinely curious.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!! Can’t believe they put you on the waitlist just to pull you off 4 days later lol. This process never fails to befuddle me haha
Haha right? I've never gotten an A after an interview, only ever WL or R--so I guess they just wanted to continue the trend
February. My understanding is that the WL is ranked making interview dates less relevant.
Has anyone tried to ask what their rank on the WL is? Wish they told us at least an estimate of our position
I have seen many people throughout the cycle reporting A's and immediately withdrawing afterward, why not withdraw your waitlist position before if you do not intend to attend the school? Withdrawing after receiving the A just makes the process much longer. Many others, like me, are on multiple waitlists and have 0 acceptances and are in the process of reapplying. Not trying to be harsh here but I am just genuinely curious.
I've wondered the same thing since I was in the same boat a week ago. Tbh, I was surprised I received an acceptance since I didn't mention that I wanted to stay on the waitlist.
hey guys, long time lurker here so to catch everyone up: IA 2/26, WL 4/24. Just had a question for anyone that has submitted an additional LOR post-interview or post-WL, did you submit it via AMCAS and resubmit your app or by email? also, does anyone have any feedback if theyre receptive to these or has anyone been accepted after sending a post-interview LOR?
ladies and gentlemen, the volume inside this bus is asTrONomiCaL, it is waaaayy too loud in here
premed43756
Full Member
So it seems to me from recent years that almost everybody accepted off the waitlist interviews around March. Has anyone from the early months of interview season been waitlisted and accepted yet?
diabetes8763
Full Member
Yeah pretty concerned about that too as I interviewed 9/30So it seems to me from recent years that almost everybody accepted off the waitlist interviews around March. Has anyone from the early months of interview season been waitlisted and accepted yet?
The link I got took me to 2024...is it still saying 2022 for you?The link to the FB takes me to class of 2022. Is this a mistake?
Surgeonmymind
Full Member
Yes I was accepted yesterdayHas anyone who interviewed in April heard back yet?
Can I ask what date you interviewed?Yes I was accepted yesterday
Surgeonmymind
Full Member
April 2ndCan I ask what date you interviewed?
angiogram36
Full Member
Anyone else thinks its kinda crazy how this school is accepting people off the waitlist before even reviewing all the students who interviewed in April?
Facts, even late marchAnyone else thinks its kinda crazy how this school is accepting people off the waitlist before even reviewing all the students who interviewed in April?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wegotthisyall
Full Member
I have a thought, and it could be completely and utterly wrong but here it goes. It seems like Drexel has been pulling people off the waitlist that interviewed mostly in the January-March range. I wonder if these are people that they would’ve flat out accepted post-interview, but they weren’t sure if they would have enough seats open so they put them on the waitlist. However, now due to people withdrawing there are seats open and they want to accept those people before getting to late March/April interviewees. Anyways, hope there’s some good news coming for us late interviewees soon!
angiogram36
Full Member
that still does not explain why waitlisted students get priority over potential well qualified applicants who might fit in much better with their mission statement... its actually very unfair to be honest. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying waitlisted students don’t deserve a spot. Just saying that interviewees who have not been reviewed yet could be more qualified for that spot. By accepting waitlisted students first, their class might just potentially fill up before the late interviewees even become considered...I have a thought, and it could be completely and utterly wrong but here it goes. It seems like Drexel has been pulling people off the waitlist that interviewed mostly in the January-March range. I wonder if these are people that they would’ve flat out accepted post-interview, but they weren’t sure if they would have enough seats open so they put them on the waitlist. However, now due to people withdrawing there are seats open and they want to accept those people before getting to late March/April interviewees. Anyways, hope there’s some good news coming for us late interviewees soon!
Thinking optimistically, it could also be they have a lot of spots still open and they already reserved certain amount for the late interviewees. They’re just trying to multitask this late into the cycle and during these unprecedented times...
wegotthisyall
Full Member
I agree, it’s frustrating to have to wait for an initial decision this late in the cycle. Really hoping that this week is our week!that still does not explain why waitlisted students get priority over potential well qualified applicants who might fit in much better with their mission statement... its actually very unfair to be honest. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying waitlisted students don’t deserve a spot. Just saying that interviewees who have not been reviewed yet could be more qualified for that spot. By accepting waitlisted students first, their class might just potentially fill up before the late interviewees even become considered...
Thinking optimistically, it could also be they have a lot of spots still open and they already reserved certain amount for the late interviewees. They’re just trying to multitask this late into the cycle and during these unprecedented times...
Yeah pretty concerned about that too as I interviewed 9/30
Same - interviewed in Sept and have been on defer/WL for about 7 months at this point
It's incredibly frustrating and demoralizing. I empathize with everyone going through the same thing
With you. I interviewed mid-Sept and have been sitting on the defer/waitlist sinceSame - interviewed in Sept and have been on defer/WL for about 7 months at this point
It's incredibly frustrating and demoralizing. I empathize with everyone going through the same thing
Timelessness
Full Member
Same here. October interview and Def/wList since, and it’s kind of turned into a joke.Same - interviewed in Sept and have been on defer/WL for about 7 months at this point
It's incredibly frustrating and demoralizing. I empathize with everyone going through the same thing
futuredoc0995
Full Member
Have they released any decisions today? I was really banking on hearing back today.... 🙁
I haven’t heard anything
HopefulDoc777
New Member
Accepted off of the waitlist today!!
Any April interviewees hear back today?
futuredoc0995
Full Member
Any April interviewees hear back today?
Silence for me
sasquatch123
Full Member
Congrats! When did you interview/when were you waitlisted, if I may ask?Accepted off of the waitlist today!!
Any April interviewees hear back today?
4/1 interviewee and silence as well for me. Been trippin out since the 4/2 applicant got accepted last week lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any April interviewees hear back today?
Nope. Interviewed 4/8. Im guessing we’ll hear back this Friday.
Likewise interviewed 4/84/1 interviewee and silence as well for me. Been trippin out since the 4/2 applicant got accepted last week lol
Yea I sure hope so!Nope. Interviewed 4/8. Im guessing we’ll hear back this Friday.
JointsMD97
New Member
Just withdrew from the waitlist; I guess I'm at least shaving down the pool of people waiting lol. Good luck to everyone who hasn't heard back yet, I hope your time comes soon!
D
deleted1024001
Any 03/26 people hear back? Nothin for me