2019-2020 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted off WL just now. Will be declining. Good luck to everyone waiting on decisions from Drexel!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A! Will be withdrawing it though so best luck to everyone else. IA 3/23. WL 5/11. A 5/15

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
wow gotta love the anticipation while constantly refreshing your email only to be continually disappointed

Reactions: 8 users
Also got the A a 20 mins ago. Will most likely be withdrawing. Good luck to you guys :)

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
wow gotta love the anticipation while constantly refreshing your email only to be continually disappointed

So many people getting A and withdrawing and here I am with 0 A with 0 emails to read.

Reactions: 11 users
So many people getting A and withdrawing and here I am with 0 A with 0 emails to read.
+1, it's reassuring though that Drexel has been moving their large WL so there may be a little glimmer of hope for me..

Reactions: 2 users
I have seen many people throughout the cycle reporting A's and immediately withdrawing afterward, why not withdraw your waitlist position before if you do not intend to attend the school? Withdrawing after receiving the A just makes the process much longer. Many others, like me, are on multiple waitlists and have 0 acceptances and are in the process of reapplying. Not trying to be harsh here but I am just genuinely curious.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users
Just got the A! Will be withdrawing it though so best luck to everyone else. II 3/23. WL 5/11. A 5/15
Congrats!! Can’t believe they put you on the waitlist just to pull you off 4 days later lol. This process never fails to befuddle me haha

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
I have seen many people throughout the cycle reporting A's and immediately withdrawing afterward, why not withdraw your waitlist position before if you do not intend to attend the school? Withdrawing after receiving the A just makes the process much longer. Many others, like me, are on multiple waitlists and have 0 acceptances and are in the process of reapplying. Not trying to be harsh here but I am just genuinely curious.
I was on multiple WL’s with no A’s until this week. Withdrawing from WL’s was on the agenda for today when I got my A from Drexel.

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats!! Can’t believe they put you on the waitlist just to pull you off 4 days later lol. This process never fails to befuddle me haha

Haha right? I've never gotten an A after an interview, only ever WL or R--so I guess they just wanted to continue the trend

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
February. My understanding is that the WL is ranked making interview dates less relevant.

Has anyone tried to ask what their rank on the WL is? Wish they told us at least an estimate of our position

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 3/30, I've been WL at all schools I interviewed at and this is the only school I still have to hear from, I am really hoping maybe Monday now, really thought today was going to be the day to hear

I've wondered the same thing since I was in the same boat a week ago. Tbh, I was surprised I received an acceptance since I didn't mention that I wanted to stay on the waitlist.

B329A1E1-AD37-49BD-B71A-1A23723EB801.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
hey guys, long time lurker here so to catch everyone up: IA 2/26, WL 4/24. Just had a question for anyone that has submitted an additional LOR post-interview or post-WL, did you submit it via AMCAS and resubmit your app or by email? also, does anyone have any feedback if theyre receptive to these or has anyone been accepted after sending a post-interview LOR?

So it seems to me from recent years that almost everybody accepted off the waitlist interviews around March. Has anyone from the early months of interview season been waitlisted and accepted yet?

So it seems to me from recent years that almost everybody accepted off the waitlist interviews around March. Has anyone from the early months of interview season been waitlisted and accepted yet?
Yeah pretty concerned about that too as I interviewed 9/30

Anyone else thinks its kinda crazy how this school is accepting people off the waitlist before even reviewing all the students who interviewed in April?

Withdrawing my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 14 users
I have a thought, and it could be completely and utterly wrong but here it goes. It seems like Drexel has been pulling people off the waitlist that interviewed mostly in the January-March range. I wonder if these are people that they would’ve flat out accepted post-interview, but they weren’t sure if they would have enough seats open so they put them on the waitlist. However, now due to people withdrawing there are seats open and they want to accept those people before getting to late March/April interviewees. Anyways, hope there’s some good news coming for us late interviewees soon!

Reactions: 1 users
All I have to say is based on what ive seen on here..
If you have other acceptances and have zero intention of attending, just withdraw. There are many people on here with no acceptances and I imagine stuff like this delays the committee further.

Reactions: 10 users
I have a thought, and it could be completely and utterly wrong but here it goes. It seems like Drexel has been pulling people off the waitlist that interviewed mostly in the January-March range. I wonder if these are people that they would’ve flat out accepted post-interview, but they weren’t sure if they would have enough seats open so they put them on the waitlist. However, now due to people withdrawing there are seats open and they want to accept those people before getting to late March/April interviewees. Anyways, hope there’s some good news coming for us late interviewees soon!
that still does not explain why waitlisted students get priority over potential well qualified applicants who might fit in much better with their mission statement... its actually very unfair to be honest. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying waitlisted students don’t deserve a spot. Just saying that interviewees who have not been reviewed yet could be more qualified for that spot. By accepting waitlisted students first, their class might just potentially fill up before the late interviewees even become considered...
Thinking optimistically, it could also be they have a lot of spots still open and they already reserved certain amount for the late interviewees. They’re just trying to multitask this late into the cycle and during these unprecedented times...

that still does not explain why waitlisted students get priority over potential well qualified applicants who might fit in much better with their mission statement... its actually very unfair to be honest. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying waitlisted students don’t deserve a spot. Just saying that interviewees who have not been reviewed yet could be more qualified for that spot. By accepting waitlisted students first, their class might just potentially fill up before the late interviewees even become considered...
Thinking optimistically, it could also be they have a lot of spots still open and they already reserved certain amount for the late interviewees. They’re just trying to multitask this late into the cycle and during these unprecedented times...
I agree, it’s frustrating to have to wait for an initial decision this late in the cycle. Really hoping that this week is our week!

Yeah pretty concerned about that too as I interviewed 9/30

Same - interviewed in Sept and have been on defer/WL for about 7 months at this point
It's incredibly frustrating and demoralizing. I empathize with everyone going through the same thing

Reactions: 5 users
Same - interviewed in Sept and have been on defer/WL for about 7 months at this point
It's incredibly frustrating and demoralizing. I empathize with everyone going through the same thing
With you. I interviewed mid-Sept and have been sitting on the defer/waitlist since

Reactions: 3 users
Same here. October interview and Def/wList since, and it’s kind of turned into a joke.

Have they released any decisions today? I was really banking on hearing back today.... :(

Just withdrew from the waitlist; I guess I'm at least shaving down the pool of people waiting lol. Good luck to everyone who hasn't heard back yet, I hope your time comes soon!

Reactions: 13 users