You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Drexel
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ForMeOrNotForMe
New Member
II email yesterday! Complete 7/9 ORM.
Stats in signature
Stats in signature
Hi guys, this might sound like a dumb question, but how are you guys checking the status of your application. Is there a portal? Thanks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There is a portal where you initially submitted the secondary. Just click the "status" tab and you should see your status.
There is a portal where you initially submitted the secondary. Just click the "status" tab and you should see your status.
Thank you!
If they wanted to reject you they would reject you. It’s exactly what they say it is- a hold. They want to look at your app later on when they can compare it to more people, some people will get II’s after getting put on hold and some won’tPlaced on Hold today. Anyone know if this is just a silent R?
Enigma101
Full Member
If they wanted to reject you they would reject you. It’s exactly what they say it is- a hold. They want to look at your app later on when they can compare it to more people, some people will get II’s after getting put on hold and some won’t
wow I just realized that was a neurotic question ...i’m truly ashamed of myself
It’s ok- this process breeds neuroticism, we’re all right there with you. You’ve put in a lot of work to get this far, be proud of what you’ve accomplished! At least that’s what I try to tell myselfwow I just realized that was a neurotic question ...i’m truly ashamed of myself

themightychondrion
Full Member
II received 08/20 for MD/MPH. complete 08/08, 3.67 513 OOS
Wow! That’s quick!! Congrats!II just now! secondary complete 8/3. LM 71.2. First of the cycle, so excited 😀
I'm submitting my primary today and want to get my secondary all squared away. Quick question about the 1st prompt-- should it actually say if you are NOT a recent grad? I graduated a few years back, but definitely want to still answer this question...help! thanks!Secondary received!
Here are the prompts:
@PapaGuava
- If you are a recent graduate, please tell us what you have been doing since graduation. You may answer "Not applicable". (no character limit listed)
- (Optional) What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? Please use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application. (200 words)
Id go ahead and answer it.I'm submitting my primary today and want to get my secondary all squared away. Quick question about the 1st prompt-- should it actually say if you are NOT a recent grad? I graduated a few years back, but definitely want to still answer this question...help! thanks!
thanks!Id go ahead and answer it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ive been complete since 7/6 and still no word 🙁
Complete since 7/9 and no word. Can't tell if that's good news or bad news lol
Ugh same. And rejections last year didn’t go out for forever. The waiting game begins.Complete since 7/9 and no word. Can't tell if that's good news or bad news lol
D
deleted1001729
How long does it take for casper to appear on the portal? I sent in my casper score 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't been received apparently.
I did three max for each. Believe it said to do no more than 3Anyone know if they are receptive to working around the II dates? I need to schedule for later than what they have available
Also do we only select 3 classes for each competency in the grid? Or is it however many we think ?
Complete 7/15. Still nothing.
I took it to mean that each individual class can only be assigned to three competency categories. I believe you can have as many classes listed under 'BIOL,' 'CHEM,' etc. as you like.I did three max for each. Believe it said to do no more than 3
Last edited:
Congratulations!!!Also, II today! Very excited about this school! Complete 7/29, IS.
I received an Interview Invite last week and was working around other travel dates so I called and scheduled for November and they were really good about it!Anyone know if they are receptive to working around the II dates? I need to schedule for later than what they have available
Also do we only select 3 classes for each competency in the grid? Or is it however many we think ?
II invite just now!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete 7/9, OOS!Congrats! Would you mind letting us know when you were complete? OOS or IS?
D
deleted980663
Complete 8/13, received an email today about being put on hold Pre-II. Consoling myself by telling myself that at least I wasn't flat out rejected.... 
would you mind sharing stats?Complete 8/13, received an email today about being put on hold Pre-II. Consoling myself by telling myself that at least I wasn't flat out rejected....![]()
D
deleted980663
I'd rather not go into too much detail but I'm a NonTrad with a low undergrad sGPA, Graduate sGPA of 3.8 and MCAT 508. Really an on the fence applicant all around tbh. Fingers crossed something or another works out this cycle!would you mind sharing stats?
What exactly are “in the area” emails? I feel very lost in this whole application process lolDoes anyone know if Drexel is receptive to In The Area emails?
alwaysnice
Full Member
Lol from my understanding, (and anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!) "in the area" emails are emails you write to schools that you have not received an interview at. So let's say you applied to alot of schools in a certain area (like Pennsylvania, New York, or DC), but you only received an interview invite at one of those schools and have not heard back from others. In an effort to save time and money, you can write an "in the area" request emails to those other schools hoping they will let you know if they plan to interview you and if so to do it at a certain time when you will be in the area. Hope this helps.What exactly are “in the area” emails? I feel very lost in this whole application process lol
Thank you for clarifying!Lol from my understanding, (and anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!) "in the area" emails are emails you write to schools that you have not received an interview at. So let's say you applied to alot of schools in a certain area (like Pennsylvania, New York, or DC), but you only received an interview invite at one of those schools and have not heard back from others. In an effort to save time and money, you can write an "in the area" request emails to those other schools hoping they will let you know if they plan to interview you and if so to do it at a certain time when you will be in the area. Hope this helps.
RedditorMD
Full Member
Did anybody recognize that Drexel is only sending II's on Tuesdays and Thursdays, according to the thread? Unless i missed some dates.
YES! Every other school has it. Does anyone know if they're receiving CASPER scores, but just not updating the portal to reflect that?why is drexel taking such a long time to upload my CASPer lol. i sent it nearly 10 days ago and its still showing as 'not submitted'
anyone else experience a similar delay?
Edit- based on the thread, it looks like they just take a while to update the portal 🙁
Last edited:
YES. Same thing happened to me, and it's still "not received"why is drexel taking such a long time to upload my CASPer lol. i sent it nearly 10 days ago and its still showing as 'not submitted'
anyone else experience a similar delay?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is that different than the rest of the holds people have been getting?Complete 07/04. Interview hold today
I think it’s the same.is that different than the rest of the holds people have been getting?
On hold as of just now 🙁 complete early July
Same here, hopefully we get some good news from them later in the cycle.On hold as of just now 🙁 complete early July
I’m hopeful because I read last year that people got rejected outright without a hold.... so, at least we’re not rejected yet.Same here, hopefully we get some good news from them later in the cycle.