2019-2020 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
im on WL and I emailed admissions if i could speak to someone over the phone and they replied with "you can send in an update" lmaoo rip

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I interviewed relatively recently and sent in the required loi and want to show interest, should I send in another loi even though I don’t really have anything new to say?

I interviewed relatively recently and sent in the required loi and want to show interest, should I send in another loi even though I don’t really have anything new to say?
if you wrote something elaborate for the required statement of interest I wouldn't write anything again, at least not yet. when I submitted the required statement of interest I kept it super brief, like "I am interested in your school" lol so then a while later I submitted an official statement of interest.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you wrote something elaborate for the required statement of interest I wouldn't write anything again, at least not yet. when I submitted the required statement of interest I kept it super brief, like "I am interested in your school" lol so then a while later I submitted an official statement of interest.
Yeah, my initial one was pretty elaborate so I think I will wait a little, but I fear that will make me seem less interested. Looking at last year there were a couple waves of wl movement, so maybe once I see movement I’ll write something else

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew. Good luck to everyone on the WL!

• Care
Reactions: 15 users
to give some hope to my fellow alternate students:

2019 info:

April 16 = director of admissions says that some slight movement typically happens mid to late April with the majority of the movement happening through the month of May. But the list is "viable" through late July.

April 23 = 2 people on SDN accepted off WL

Edit to include the rest of my nutty research, which I posted months back:

April 30 = someone gets an email that says "I am writing to see if you are interested in a seat here at GW"? (then got accepted)

May 1 = "likely to be accepted" emails start being sent out by director of admissions --> if you respond that you're interested you will be accepted basically
-one student WL with a late November interview sent in one letter of intent in mid-February and another one in mid-March
-another student said they wrote a letter of interest and sent in several updates, but never did an official letter of intent

May 1 - May 9 = acceptances off WL! (on SDN)

May 10 - July 2 = silence on SDN

May 29 = someone in admissions said the waitlist was pretty much stable

June 17 = email stating "waitlist movement has slowed"

July 2 = someone is accepted off the waitlist! (on SDN)

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 users
to give some hope to my fellow alternate students:

2019 info:

April 16 = director of admissions says that some slight movement typically happens mid to late April with the majority of the movement happening through the month of May. But the list is "viable" through late July.

April 23 = 2 people on SDN accepted off WL

(and then more in may)

Thanks! Not expecting much until April 30th (it can’t come soon enough!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard anything on if GW is moving back their start date for the academic year?

Has anyone heard anything on if GW is moving back their start date for the academic year?
They are moving summer courses (for undergrad) online, and a decision on fall courses (including the medical school) will be made after May 15.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else just receive an email from admissions asking if they were still interested in GW?

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone else just receive an email from admissions asking if they were still interested in GW?
I didn't receive this but if you look further up the thread I believe it's a sign you may be moving towards an acceptance!

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else receive the email? if you didn’t, but are still hopeful I FEEL YOUR STRESS

Reactions: 12 users
Anyone else receive the email? if you didn’t, but are still hopeful I FEEL YOUR STRESS
historically, this indicates you are likely to receive an acceptance, but MAYBE they send this email to people they are interested in who haven't sent LOIs/updates??? so they just want to confirm. and if they like you and you made it clear you're interested maybe they don't need to ask??? IDK

historically, this indicates you are likely to receive an acceptance, but MAYBE they send this email to people they are interested in who haven't sent LOIs/updates??? so they just want to confirm. and if they like you and you made it clear you're interested maybe they don't need to ask??? IDK

definitely agree with this. Also, look at the stats of the user who received that message, 3.8 + 525 MCAT, that user’s stats are already the top 1%.

I’d assume if you’re a high average applicant that’s been sending updates regularly you’re also probably safe and they didn’t feel the need to confirm because if you’re like me, you’ve already sent an update basically saying “I’m still interested and if you send me an acceptance I’ll go” in which case their email would be pointless.

best of luck to all of you!

definitely agree with this. Also, look at the stats of the user who received that message, 3.8 + 525 MCAT, that user’s stats are already the top 1%.

I’d assume if you’re a high average applicant that’s been sending updates regularly you’re also probably safe and they didn’t feel the need to confirm because if you’re like me, you’ve already sent an update basically saying “I’m still interested and if you send me an acceptance I’ll go” in which case their email would be pointless.

best of luck to all of you!
omg I thought they were kidding about the 3.8+ / 525 LMAO

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
So I've sent in a few updates already, each one with at least a full paragraph stating my interest in GW/that I'd be a good fit etc. At this point, I'm considering sending in a pretty brief standalone Letter of Intent. Is the common consensus that LOI's make a big difference here?

Reactions: 2 users
I heard showing interest is important, but not sure what impact letters have on GW admissions. But I have sent a letter of intent in and hoping for the best!

Reactions: 1 user
I actually received an email asking if I am still interested just now!

Reactions: 9 users
Just got an email from GW saying that if I can commit I'll get an acceptance tomorrow!!!! First acceptance after two cycles!!!

• Love
Reactions: 25 users
Anybody else hear back? Dying over here from anxiety.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted off the alternate list yesterday!! Received an interest email first and then acceptance came about an hour later! First acceptance after being on 4 waitlists!

• Love
Reactions: 23 users
Accepted off the alternate list yesterday!! Received an interest email first and then acceptance came about an hour later! First acceptance after being on 4 waitlists!
How many updates/LOI did you send? I’ve sent 2 LOI since my interview in November which I think is probably more than enough...

for those who received the interest email: did GW ask you to CTE? or just PTE, as in they're your top choice but you're still allowed to be on waitlists

Reactions: 5 users

congrats Can I ask what your stats are ?

congrats! When did you interview?

How many updates/LOI did you send? I’ve sent 2 LOI since my interview in November which I think is probably more than enough...
I sent a pretty lengthy statement of interest, followed by a letter of rec written by the physician I work for, an update, and then a short letter of intent about a couple of weeks ago

Anyone know when CTE deadline is this year? On the website it just says TBD, 2020

for those who received the interest email: did GW ask you to CTE? or just PTE, as in they're your top choice but you're still allowed to be on waitlists
Hi, can you tell me more about this email? I am still on the alternate waitlist, but I haven't received an emails from them. Thanks!