-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 George Washington
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ihopetibiadoc
Full Member
I interviewed relatively recently and sent in the required loi and want to show interest, should I send in another loi even though I don’t really have anything new to say?
if you wrote something elaborate for the required statement of interest I wouldn't write anything again, at least not yet. when I submitted the required statement of interest I kept it super brief, like "I am interested in your school" lol so then a while later I submitted an official statement of interest.I interviewed relatively recently and sent in the required loi and want to show interest, should I send in another loi even though I don’t really have anything new to say?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ihopetibiadoc
Full Member
Yeah, my initial one was pretty elaborate so I think I will wait a little, but I fear that will make me seem less interested. Looking at last year there were a couple waves of wl movement, so maybe once I see movement I’ll write something elseif you wrote something elaborate for the required statement of interest I wouldn't write anything again, at least not yet. when I submitted the required statement of interest I kept it super brief, like "I am interested in your school" lol so then a while later I submitted an official statement of interest.
to give some hope to my fellow alternate students:
2019 info:
April 16 = director of admissions says that some slight movement typically happens mid to late April with the majority of the movement happening through the month of May. But the list is "viable" through late July.
April 23 = 2 people on SDN accepted off WL
Edit to include the rest of my nutty research, which I posted months back:
April 30 = someone gets an email that says "I am writing to see if you are interested in a seat here at GW"? (then got accepted)
May 1 = "likely to be accepted" emails start being sent out by director of admissions --> if you respond that you're interested you will be accepted basically
-one student WL with a late November interview sent in one letter of intent in mid-February and another one in mid-March
-another student said they wrote a letter of interest and sent in several updates, but never did an official letter of intent
May 1 - May 9 = acceptances off WL! (on SDN)
May 10 - July 2 = silence on SDN
May 29 = someone in admissions said the waitlist was pretty much stable
June 17 = email stating "waitlist movement has slowed"
July 2 = someone is accepted off the waitlist! (on SDN)
2019 info:
April 16 = director of admissions says that some slight movement typically happens mid to late April with the majority of the movement happening through the month of May. But the list is "viable" through late July.
April 23 = 2 people on SDN accepted off WL
Edit to include the rest of my nutty research, which I posted months back:
April 30 = someone gets an email that says "I am writing to see if you are interested in a seat here at GW"? (then got accepted)
May 1 = "likely to be accepted" emails start being sent out by director of admissions --> if you respond that you're interested you will be accepted basically
-one student WL with a late November interview sent in one letter of intent in mid-February and another one in mid-March
-another student said they wrote a letter of interest and sent in several updates, but never did an official letter of intent
May 1 - May 9 = acceptances off WL! (on SDN)
May 10 - July 2 = silence on SDN
May 29 = someone in admissions said the waitlist was pretty much stable
June 17 = email stating "waitlist movement has slowed"
July 2 = someone is accepted off the waitlist! (on SDN)
Last edited:
to give some hope to my fellow alternate students:
2019 info:
April 16 = director of admissions says that some slight movement typically happens mid to late April with the majority of the movement happening through the month of May. But the list is "viable" through late July.
April 23 = 2 people on SDN accepted off WL
(and then more in may)
Thanks! Not expecting much until April 30th (it can’t come soon enough!!)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are moving summer courses (for undergrad) online, and a decision on fall courses (including the medical school) will be made after May 15.Has anyone heard anything on if GW is moving back their start date for the academic year?
banana1998
Full Member
Was there a virtual second look??
Kind of. They posted some information on the accepted students website.Was there a virtual second look??
Anyone else just receive an email from admissions asking if they were still interested in GW?
I didn't receive this but if you look further up the thread I believe it's a sign you may be moving towards an acceptance!Anyone else just receive an email from admissions asking if they were still interested in GW?
futuremediguess
Full Member
also didn't but that is a good sign i think!! did u send them updates? after the waitlist?Anyone else just receive an email from admissions asking if they were still interested in GW?
*checks inbox, starts worrying*Anyone else just receive an email from admissions asking if they were still interested in GW?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
also didn't but that is a good sign i think!! did u send them updates? after the waitlist?
No, I actually didn't! So I'm surprised actually.
thehumanamerica
Full Member
Jw, did you have a statement of intent or any updates when you sent in your confirmation to stay on the alternate list?No, I actually didn't! So I'm surprised actually.
Jw, did you have a statement of intent or any updates when you sent in your confirmation to stay on the alternate list?
Yes I wrote a brief statement.
futuremediguess
Full Member
Stats?Yes I wrote a brief statement.
Height? Favorite color?Stats?
futuremediguess
Full Member
Essentially!Height? Favorite color?
3.8+ and 525 MCAT
5' 5", Pink
5' 5", Pink
happythoughtss
Full Member
Anyone else receive the email? if you didn’t, but are still hopeful I FEEL YOUR STRESS
historically, this indicates you are likely to receive an acceptance, but MAYBE they send this email to people they are interested in who haven't sent LOIs/updates??? so they just want to confirm. and if they like you and you made it clear you're interested maybe they don't need to ask??? IDKAnyone else receive the email? if you didn’t, but are still hopeful I FEEL YOUR STRESS
historically, this indicates you are likely to receive an acceptance, but MAYBE they send this email to people they are interested in who haven't sent LOIs/updates??? so they just want to confirm. and if they like you and you made it clear you're interested maybe they don't need to ask??? IDK
definitely agree with this. Also, look at the stats of the user who received that message, 3.8 + 525 MCAT, that user’s stats are already the top 1%.
I’d assume if you’re a high average applicant that’s been sending updates regularly you’re also probably safe and they didn’t feel the need to confirm because if you’re like me, you’ve already sent an update basically saying “I’m still interested and if you send me an acceptance I’ll go” in which case their email would be pointless.
best of luck to all of you!
omg I thought they were kidding about the 3.8+ / 525 LMAOdefinitely agree with this. Also, look at the stats of the user who received that message, 3.8 + 525 MCAT, that user’s stats are already the top 1%.
I’d assume if you’re a high average applicant that’s been sending updates regularly you’re also probably safe and they didn’t feel the need to confirm because if you’re like me, you’ve already sent an update basically saying “I’m still interested and if you send me an acceptance I’ll go” in which case their email would be pointless.
best of luck to all of you!
Anyone else just receive an email from admissions asking if they were still interested in GW?
any follow up actions? did you get an acceptance email?
any follow up actions? did you get an acceptance email?
Nothing yet, but I will be withdrawing my application because I have already committed to another school.
thehumanamerica
Full Member
So I've sent in a few updates already, each one with at least a full paragraph stating my interest in GW/that I'd be a good fit etc. At this point, I'm considering sending in a pretty brief standalone Letter of Intent. Is the common consensus that LOI's make a big difference here?
I heard showing interest is important, but not sure what impact letters have on GW admissions. But I have sent a letter of intent in and hoping for the best!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rzipra123
Full Member
Congrats! Stats? And did you send in updates/LOI?I actually received an email asking if I am still interested just now!
Congrats! Stats? And did you send in updates/LOI?
PM me for stats. My statement of interest was like a love letter + letter of intent
oddment852
New Member
Just got an email from GW saying that if I can commit I'll get an acceptance tomorrow!!!! First acceptance after two cycles!!!
thehumanamerica
Full Member
Congrats! Out of curiosity, did they explicitly ask you to make a statement of intent?Just got an email from GW saying that if I can commit I'll get an acceptance tomorrow!!!! First acceptance after two cycles!!!
oddment852
New Member
Yes, they said "if you are certain GW is the school you would keep on April 30th, we can offer you an acceptance"Congrats! Out of curiosity, did they explicitly ask you to make a statement of intent?
Yes, they said "if you are certain GW is the school you would keep on April 30th, we can offer you an acceptance"
that’s awesome! Did you ever end up hearing back?
oddment852
New Member
Yes! Got my acceptance today!that’s awesome! Did you ever end up hearing back?
Did you receive your ID#?Yes! Got my acceptance today!
oddment852
New Member
No, but I emailed them about that. They said they'd issue it to us within the next few days.Did you receive your ID#?
How many updates/LOI did you send? I’ve sent 2 LOI since my interview in November which I think is probably more than enough...Accepted off the alternate list yesterday!! Received an interest email first and then acceptance came about an hour later! First acceptance after being on 4 waitlists!
for those who received the interest email: did GW ask you to CTE? or just PTE, as in they're your top choice but you're still allowed to be on waitlists
Accepted off the alternate list yesterday!! Received an interest email first and then acceptance came about an hour later! First acceptance after being on 4 waitlists!
congrats Can I ask what your stats are ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats! When did you interview?Accepted off the alternate list yesterday!! Received an interest email first and then acceptance came about an hour later! First acceptance after being on 4 waitlists!
I sent a pretty lengthy statement of interest, followed by a letter of rec written by the physician I work for, an update, and then a short letter of intent about a couple of weeks agoHow many updates/LOI did you send? I’ve sent 2 LOI since my interview in November which I think is probably more than enough...
3.6 gpa 515 mcatcongrats Can I ask what your stats are ?
Ragnarook
New Member
Hi, can you tell me more about this email? I am still on the alternate waitlist, but I haven't received an emails from them. Thanks!for those who received the interest email: did GW ask you to CTE? or just PTE, as in they're your top choice but you're still allowed to be on waitlists