-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Georgetown
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
scorpion2020
Full Member
Good to know. Maybe different people answered the phone. Either way it’s coming soon boysWhen I called, they told me they wouldn't start until mid March.
I just realized that the FAFSA deadline for Georgetown was 01/01/2020 for all applicants. I didn't submit mine until a few weeks later, does anyone know if this deadline is firm?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just realized that the FAFSA deadline for Georgetown was 01/01/2020 for all applicants. I didn't submit mine until a few weeks later, does anyone know if this deadline is firm?
Does not appear to be firm, but rather recommended. Contact info to confirm is below:
D
deleted996731
*me looking at this thread knowing I still have to do fafsa*
Thanks for the reply! I called the admissions office this morning and they confirmed this information to be correctView attachment 296553
Does not appear to be firm, but rather recommended. Contact info to confirm is below:
View attachment 296554
pokemansuwu
New Member
Anyone else still waiting for their decision? Going on 11 weeks post interview
I just got the call off of the waitlist! good luck to you all, looks like the movement has started
congrats!! did you send any thank yous/updates/LOIs?I just got the call off of the waitlist! good luck to you all, looks like the movement has started
Thanks! I sent a thank you note as well as a LOI with updates.congrats!! did you send any thank yous/updates/LOIs?
D
deleted1029007
when were you WL'd???I just got the call off of the waitlist! good luck to you all, looks like the movement has started
Januarywhen were you WL'd???
Last edited:
hopefulapplicant97
Full Member
I just got the call off of the waitlist! good luck to you all, looks like the movement has started
Ahhh this gives me hope love to see movement [emoji123] congrats!!!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
malmed1025
Full Member
Thanks! I sent a thank you note as well as a LOI with updates.
Congrats! was that letter of interest or intent?
tinytrain1
Full Member
Just got the acceptance call from Dr. Mitchell! Interviewed 1/7
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted996731
Congrats!! They’re already on January dates?!? Any 1/10 interviewees hear back yet.Just got the acceptance call from Dr. Mitchell! Interviewed 1/7
Letter of InterestCongrats! was that letter of interest or intent?
Congrats!! They’re already on January dates?!? Any 1/10 interviewees hear back yet.
Interviewed on the 9th -- no news yet
UteFan1234
Full Member
I was accepted this morning from the wait list, I interviewed on November 18th!
hopefulapplicant97
Full Member
I was accepted this morning from the wait list, I interviewed on November 18th!
Did you send letters of interest/intent ??
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
scorpion2020
Full Member
It’s good to see people coming of the waitlist this early as compared to last year. Looking forward to the next round of acceptances!
Congrats everyone accepted! Current M1 here. Feel free to reply to this with any questions you have about Georgetown!
medstudentneedshelp
Full Member
Hey! I have 3 main questions, feel free to PM me! I know some schools that are making some changes for class of 2024 bc of the whole P/F Step 1 thing, do you know if Gtown is making any quick changes?Congrats everyone accepted! Current M1 here. Feel free to reply to this with any questions you have about Georgetown!
Also can you speak to the environment here (i have unfortunately heard a lot of negative about this, and would appreciate if you can confirm/deny/elaborate).
And lastlyy I cant make it to the 2nd look, so do you know of any way I can still get a hold of all the info and things discussed at 2nd look without being there? T
hanks for all the help!
Hey! I have 3 main questions, feel free to PM me! I know some schools that are making some changes for class of 2024 bc of the whole P/F Step 1 thing, do you know if Gtown is making any quick changes?
Also can you speak to the environment here (i have unfortunately heard a lot of negative about this, and would appreciate if you can confirm/deny/elaborate).
And lastlyy I cant make it to the 2nd look, so do you know of any way I can still get a hold of all the info and things discussed at 2nd look without being there? T
hanks for all the help!
I'll do my best to answer them here so everyone can see.
I cannot speak on behalf on GT in regards to if they are changing anything about Step 1 becoming P/F. I have no idea and have not heard anything. What will be interesting for our class (and maybe some of your class as well) is that residency programs will be getting students who both have a score, and who have taken it P/F because different schools take it at different times. So I'm not sure if anyone knows whats going to happen with that at this point in time (we will see I guess!).
The environment... I honestly think its a really great environment overall. Everything is true P/F for exams and grades, which helps a TON. For the most part students get along, are social, and know each other. The students are very well connected with the staff and there are even specific students in the class who act as the liaison to ask staff and the school questions about our classes. The curriculum is new so a lot is changing year to year in regards to how things are arranged in the curriculum. I will say that the admin is extremely receptive to students feedback, so the curriculum really does get better year to year. Nothing is ever perfect, but I'm sure you hear the same thing about other med schools as well.
I'm not sure if you can get info if you don't attend second look. I'd reach out to whoever is responsible for you right now about that if you're curious.
medstudentneedshelp
Full Member
Great, thanks for all your help!I'll do my best to answer them here so everyone can see.
I cannot speak on behalf on GT in regards to if they are changing anything about Step 1 becoming P/F. I have no idea and have not heard anything. What will be interesting for our class (and maybe some of your class as well) is that residency programs will be getting students who both have a score, and who have taken it P/F because different schools take it at different times. So I'm not sure if anyone knows whats going to happen with that at this point in time (we will see I guess!).
The environment... I honestly think its a really great environment overall. Everything is true P/F for exams and grades, which helps a TON. For the most part students get along, are social, and know each other. The students are very well connected with the staff and there are even specific students in the class who act as the liaison to ask staff and the school questions about our classes. The curriculum is new so a lot is changing year to year in regards to how things are arranged in the curriculum. I will say that the admin is extremely receptive to students feedback, so the curriculum really does get better year to year. Nothing is ever perfect, but I'm sure you hear the same thing about other med schools as well.
I'm not sure if you can get info if you don't attend second look. I'd reach out to whoever is responsible for you right now about that if you're curious.
nataliewt55
New Member
@LemonNation Any advice for applicants on the waitlist?
scorpion2020
Full Member
When will the new hospital be up and running? What’s your experience with talking to upperclassmen about clerkships? Do the attendings enjoy teaching and treat the students like part of team or is it more like shadowing?Congrats everyone accepted! Current M1 here. Feel free to reply to this with any questions you have about Georgetown!
Thank you for the time! Greatly appreciated!
For those who sent in letters of interest/intent, did you just post them in the application portal or email them to admissions?
midnightpig
New Member
I posted in admissions portal, but I also emailed them to inform them I sent in a LOI!For those who sent in letters of interest/intent, did you just post them in the application portal or email them to admissions?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
scwm2019
New Member
There is! It's called GUSOM Class of 2024This may have been asked/answered already, but is there an accepted students Facebook page?
scorpion2020
Full Member
How many accepted so far??There is! It's called GUSOM Class of 2024
scwm2019
New Member
About 130, but not every accepted applicant is a member of the group. They added people by email, but if the email you listed on your application is different than your Facebook account, you weren't automatically added. Mine was a different email, so I had to ask to join.How many accepted so far??
D
deleted1029007
I was wondering the same thing, I submitted an update before I got my waitlist decision and then i sent one in a couple weeks ago after my decision, not sure when is the right time to send in another one and also idk what to say on it because I feel like I've said everything lolHow many letters to adcom do we think is too many? lol
Have other early January interviewers not heard anything yet?
D
deleted996731
Jan 10th here. SilenceHave other early January interviewers not heard anything yet?
This is the exact same thing as I did, one awkwardly right before getting waitlisted and one 2 weeks after hearing. Got in 3 weeks after my 2nd letter so I wouldn't send another unless there's something substantial to tell them.I was wondering the same thing, I submitted an update before I got my waitlist decision and then i sent one in a couple weeks ago after my decision, not sure when is the right time to send in another one and also idk what to say on it because I feel like I've said everything lol
Jan 10th here. Silence
Jan 15th, silence
yennefer
Full Member
Congrats on the A! Do you mind sharing when you got off the WL? I sent letter in early January, so I am wondering when I should send another.This is the exact same thing as I did, one awkwardly right before getting waitlisted and one 2 weeks after hearing. Got in 3 weeks after my 2nd letter so I wouldn't send another unless there's something substantial to tell them.
For people going to second look, are you leaving Friday or Saturday
Is there a social hour after? I have that it ends @ 4:30p, so I plan on leaving Friday.
Mine took 8 ish weeks and I interviewed in September lolHow long does it typically take for them to get back to us with a decision
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine took 8 ish weeks and I interviewed in September lol
yeah they told us that they’d get back in 8-10 weeks and I interviewed Jan 10ish :/. Assuming it’s an R
D
deleted996731
Ayyy I was there the 10th tooyeah they told us that they’d get back in 8-10 weeks and I interviewed Jan 10ish :/. Assuming it’s an R
yeah they told us that they’d get back in 8-10 weeks and I interviewed Jan 10ish :/. Assuming it’s an R
I’m sorry to hear that. Best of luck with the rest of your schools.
But to clarify, my admissions decision was an A. Interviewed 8/18 and heard via phone 11/9.
BringBackDerek2k20
New Member
I got my acceptance like 12 weeks later so more waiting doesnt necessarily mean R!yeah they told us that they’d get back in 8-10 weeks and I interviewed Jan 10ish :/. Assuming it’s an R
I got my acceptance like 12 weeks later so more waiting doesnt necessarily mean R!
+1 honestly don’t assume anything until you’ve heard from them. I heard a dean change was causing some slowdown in decisions.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk