2019-2020 Georgetown

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Can anyone who has interviewed here in the past/any current students give me advice on what to expect for the interview? I have prepared for the basic why medicine/why Georgetown type of questions but I am still very nervous! Any advice would be much appreciated!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did Georgetown explicitly say what size the the 1-page PDF should be? (I don't recall it saying being 8.5x11 inches or something.)
 
In addition to Georgetown, What other schools have an "upload a PDF file" kind of secondary? I'm kind of liking this.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any current or former Georgetown medical students viewing this thread? I'm curious as to what makes Georgetown's MD program unique and worth choosing. I scored high on the MCAT and have a decent GPA, so I think I have at least a fair shot at admissions. But I want to know why I should pick Georgetown over schools like St. Louis and UNC Chapel Hill. Comments from anyone?

Current student here. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions.
 
Does anyone know if georgetown dislikes in the area emails? I'm going to be at George Washington which is super close by so I would love to be able to interview here the same week.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
22 II’s? :uhno::claps:Did you cure cancer or something? Omg. At this rate, you will be interviewing med schools and not the other way around.
Nah, our friend raptor just has near perfect stats and got too excited about the 'add school' button. We don't have a choice but to respect the game and bow down to our dinosaur overlord.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This might be a dumb question to ask, but do medical schools reject unqualified applicants during when the adcom invites the first batch of qualified applicants for interview??
 
This might be a dumb question to ask, but do medical schools reject unqualified applicants during when the adcom invites the first batch of qualified applicants for interview??

It depends on the school. They do things differently. Some started rejecting before interviews were sent out (Wake Forest) and some do it after interviews are sent out. And some do “silent rejections” where they never actually give you notice. Some wait until the end of the cycle to tell everyone.