2019-2020 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
looks like they found the pile of applicants from early july

Seems like they found all of them but mine... Georgetown wya
Complete 7/3 :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today! Complete 8/19. LM 72

Reactions: 12 users
Does anyone know if Georgetown is receptive to In the Area emails?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know the interview format here? Probably asked already

applying late, from jesuit school, stats match georgetown averages... chances of getting a II this late?

Members don't see this ad :)
applying late, from jesuit school, stats match georgetown averages... chances of getting a II this late?
Literally no one knows with low yield schools like Georgetown. Might as well try

Reactions: 2 users
I applied late too. Its worth a shot if you got the money for the secondary fee.

Reactions: 1 users
For those who already went on interviews, what time did they day end? I know the email says 4pm, but I would really like to catch a flight day-of instead of leave the following morning!

For those who already went on interviews, what time did they day end? I know the email says 4pm, but I would really like to catch a flight day-of instead of leave the following morning!

It will depend on your interview time, which on the guide says that it can be 1:30 or 2:15. If you have the 2:15, you should be done around 3:00. They say 4:00 pm in case your interviewer gets caught up in something, which delays your interview.

II, OOS, ORM LM 73.3 Complete 7/10

Reactions: 14 users
The first wave of R's were sent out this Friday on last year's thread, so considering I'm one of those early complete's with radio silence then.. not looking forward to the potential news of today.

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
The first wave of R's were sent out this Friday on last year's thread, so considering I'm one of those early complete's with radio silence then.. not looking forward to the potential news of today.

someone was rejected already who posted on here aug 26

someone was rejected already who posted on here aug 26

Yea by a particular user that I'm not all too trustworthy of - would've expected a lot more people reporting R's as what typically happens with first waves.

Just interviewed here today! Absolutely loved the environment and school ❤️

Reactions: 15 users
Just interviewed here today! Absolutely loved the environment and school ❤
+1
Word of advice, don’t wipe sweat from your forehead and then attempt to shake the interviewers hand. Lol rip

Reactions: 13 users
Any current students who would like to share their post interview feelings, how it went, what you thought afterwards?

I feel like maybe I’m overthinking it and will just be worried until a decision comes out. :/ still would be good to hear your story.

+1
Word of advice, don’t wipe sweat from your forehead and then attempt to shake the interviewers hand. Lol rip

Oh no bruh, rip. You’ll still be fine as I’m sure tons of other applicants sweat a bunch :)

Edit: be prepared y’all, they keep the applicant room at a toasty temp

Last edited:
anyone know the post-II acceptance rate for georgetown?

Has anyone checked out the hotels listed in their website? Was wondering which one is recommended.

did anyone who has already interviewed connect with the LGBTI or URM representatives that were listed in the II e-mail? If so, how did it go?

did anyone who has already interviewed connect with the LGBTI or URM representatives that were listed in the II e-mail? If so, how did it go?
I emailed the URM but haven’t heard back. I’m Hispanic so perhaps I’m not considered URM.

Does anyone know when Georgetown reviews apps post-interview? I initially scheduled mine for Nov 4 but I’m wondering if I should change it to the week before (oct 30) if they review at the end of each month.

Can anyone who has already interviewed speak on how they liked their interview and the general vibe of the day?

Can anyone who has already interviewed speak on how they liked their interview and the general vibe of the day?
Chill interview with an M4. Don't stress to much about it, but know for sure "why Gtown". The students were friendly and we were able to talk to several M1s and M2s who seemed to like the school!

Reactions: 3 users
Chill interview with an M4. Don't stress to much about it, but know for sure "why Gtown". The students were friendly and we were able to talk to several M1s and M2s who seemed to like the school!
Wonderful, glad it was a good experience for you! Thanks for your help.

Is i

Is it true that student interviewers tend to be harsher than actual faculty adcom interviewers?
is it also possible to get two student interviewers (and no faculty adcom)- either here or other schools in general

Is i

Is it true that student interviewers tend to be harsher than actual faculty adcom interviewers?
is it also possible to get two student interviewers (and no faculty adcom)- either here or other schools in general
Some medical students feel like they need to remain serious in order to better represent the school

Some medical students feel like they need to remain serious in order to better represent the school
Yeah, one of my friends told me a similar thing. Is that just a poker face thing? Or does their attitude actually reflect their recommendations to the committee

Yeah, one of my friends told me a similar thing. Is that just a poker face thing? Or does their attitude actually reflect their recommendations to the committee
My theory is interviewers are trained to appear neutral and not harsh but not overly sympathetic either. However, a neutral interviewer appears to be harsh especially when compared to nice interviewers. And I thinks students are more likely to stick to training than older faculty who might have a “I’m just going to be conversational and friendly” mentality.

Is i

Mine was chill, and from my experiences with other interviewers students tend to be more chill in general. At Gtown you only have one interview. However it is entirely possible to get two students or two faculty at another school I believe.

I had a physician interview but you can also potentially have an m4 or physician.

Interview day was good. Food was great!

Know your app, current healthcare, why medicine/why Georgetown...
And some easy ethical scenario.

congrats! hope you hear good news soon! if you don't mind sharing, how did you prepare for the interview?
I just reread my app once and prepared for the typical questions that you’ve probably seen multiple times by now. There’s really no trick questions with this one

congrats! hope you hear good news soon! if you don't mind sharing, how did you prepare for the interview?

Thanks! There were a couple of ways that I prepped in general, but I spent maybe 20-30 minutes prepping for Georgetown specifically. First, I took my lessons learned from my AZ interview and applied them to my interview here. Secondly, I prepared for the stereotypical questions with friends over discord, including ones like "Why medicine? Why us? Tell me about yourself." Lastly, I took the time to review the Jesuit values and figure out how to apply those to the interview, e.g., "where have I been a person for and with others? when have I exhibited ideals of cura personalis?"

Overall, the interview was fine! You'll need to know how to answer "why Georgetown?" because every interviewee before me was asked about it. Good luck!

Interviewed here last week and loved it. Georgetown is now definitely a top choice for me, but looking back at my secondary essay after interview day I feel like there's so much more I could say now about why I want to go to Gtown. I've heard that Gtown loves letters of interest/intent but I'm wondering if that applies only to people on the waitlist or if it could be beneficial at all to send one post-interview/pre-decision? I don't have any substantial updates other than some new volunteering, so is there any point in sending a letter to show how strong my interest in Georgetown is or will it basically be ignored?

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed here last week and loved it. Georgetown is now definitely a top choice for me, but looking back at my secondary essay after interview day I feel like there's so much more I could say now about why I want to go to Gtown. I've heard that Gtown loves letters of interest/intent but I'm wondering if that applies only to people on the waitlist or if it could be beneficial at all to send one post-interview/pre-decision? I don't have any substantial updates other than some new volunteering, so is there any point in sending a letter to show how strong my interest in Georgetown is or will it basically be ignored?
I’ve heard of people sending 4 separate letters of continued interest post-interview. Georgetown enjoys it, so I say go for it. Don’t forget to also write thank you notes for your interviewer. They take these things into account when deciding acceptance.

I’ve heard of people sending 4 separate letters of continued interest post-interview. Georgetown enjoys it, so I say go for it. Don’t forget to also write thank you notes for your interviewer. They take these things into account when deciding acceptance.
What do you even say in each of these? Especially if you don’t have any updates?