2019-2020 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!! do you mind sharing what interview options they give you?
Sure thing. The ones I saw were Tu, Wed, Thurs the first 3 weeks of October. I scheduled mine then so I didn't get a chance to check later dates, apologies.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
First II this morning!! Complete 8/16 :) Scheduled for first week of Oct

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I was a little surprised! I submitted 7/26 but my committee letter didn't arrive until 8/15 so that might also be it.
Do you happen to go to Cambridge, MA's flagship university (no not the one for tech nerds ;))?

Ditto....the late committee letter just pains me lol I got mine in on 8/12. It just delays the review of our apps by weeks and its annoying.
man, thank god I didn't go to Harvard

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Adcoms are acutely aware that schools, especially Harvard, might have later committee letters. I would be shocked if it negatively impacted your app in any way. There is already enough cultural capital in being from from Harvard alone

Adcoms are acutely aware that schools, especially Harvard, might have later committee letters. I would be shocked if it negatively impacted your app in any way. There is already enough cultural capital in being from from Harvard alone
I 100% agree.

I know my application won't be hurt because of it (quite the opposite), but my impatience and neuroticism combine to make the wait brutal lol
SAME! Mine wasn't submitted until 8/15 and every day afterwards I've been obsessively checking my email lol Why make us submit our letters in April if they're going to hold on to them for months?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
SAME! Mine wasn't submitted until 8/15 and every day afterwards I've been obsessively checking my email lol Why make us submit our letters in April if they're going to hold on to them for months?
Luckily I have work that distracts me, but I still somehow manage to check my email like 20+ times/day and its become quite an annoyance lol

Not that school but my school is similar (one of the little brothers that is all about #420blazeit). Up in our face about our AMCAS draft due in March and everything, but letters aren't finished until the end of August.

Not that school but my school is similar (one of the little brothers that is all about #420blazeit). Up in our face about our AMCAS draft due in March and everything, but letters aren't finished until the end of August.
Did you bypass the committee letter process to get your app in earlier?

Did you bypass the committee letter process to get your app in earlier?
Nope. I think it would still be application suicide for us. I played the game, jumped through all the hoops and kissed up. I think they stratify our applications by AMCAS submit date and competitiveness, so I luckily made it into the first round of letters in mid-July.

Nope. I think it would still be application suicide for us. I played the game, jumped through all the hoops and kissed up. I think they stratify our applications by AMCAS submit date and competitiveness, so I luckily made it into the first round of letters in mid-July.
Ah, my school purposefully doesn't do that. They submit all of the letters within a few days of each other to prevent unfair advantages for certain people. I like that it does that, I just wish it did it about a month earlier

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
I feel some joy in my cold, dead heart when I hear about the many indignities of going to a posh school. muahaha

you guys are fine, sorry you've had to wait but get ready for a giant bolus of II's in the next few weeks

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
I feel some joy in my cold, dead heart when I hear about the many indignities of going to a posh school. muahaha

you guys are fine, sorry you've had to wait but get ready for a giant bolus of II's in the next few weeks
I appreciate this, and I know I have absolutely no right to complain....but sometimes you just gotta be a complainer lolol

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Thank you dude! Yeah it's petty to complain but hard to ignore the neuroticism lol

For those of you with II, how long was your application under review?

Schools send rejections this early? Yikes looks like I'm next lol.

Idk what they do but know I saw the R in my inbox

Already the R? Oh gosh..
So sorry to hear!:((((

Their loss!
Btw idk why I find your other posts generally funny/interesting for various reasons. Plus your username as well haha

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Considering I've been complete since 7/3, I'm expecting the R in the next couple weeks as well :dead:

• Sad
Considering I've been complete since 7/3, I'm expecting the R in the next couple weeks as well :dead:
Likewise! Complete email 7/3. I don't know if they are going in order though. Someone with a 7/1 complete date got an interview last week

II !!

Complete first week of July.

Patience, patience, and more patience.

• Love
Reactions: 25 users
First II! Lets ****ing go! Completed first week of July!

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
looks like they found the pile of applicants from early july

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users
II received this morning!! Complete 8/18

Reactions: 11 users
You guys are giving hope... Guess I'll just keep waiting on news from them!