You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Hofstra
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
jdjdjdjdjd
New Member
My first II! LM 80+, IS, Complete 7/4.
Very excited, Hofstra is one of my top choices.
Very excited, Hofstra is one of my top choices.
D
deleted688779
Congrats all!
Still sitting at nothing...send help 🙁
Still sitting at nothing...send help 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!! What a day you're having! lolII just now
D
deleted972488
They even came within like 20 minutes of each other. Definitely having a lucky day. Thank you!Congrats!! What a day you're having! lol
II, Lizzy M 72!
dreamitmakeithappen
Full Member
II just now
would you mind posting your application complete date? thanks!
D
deleted972488
7/3would you mind posting your application complete date? thanks!
Absolutely, Hofstra isn't far from JFK. If you left at 3, it should only take about 1.5 hours to JFK by public transport. Even if you factor in some time for getting lost on the way it should still get you to the airport well before your flight.Do y’all think it’s reasonable to make a 7:30 PM flight at JFK if interview day ends at 2?
Okay, perfect, thank you!Absolutely, Hofstra isn't far from JFK. If you left at 3, it should only take about 1.5 hours to JFK by public transport. Even if you factor in some time for getting lost on the way it should still get you to the airport well before your flight.
7
710118
Would any current students here be willing to chat briefly about the school/program? 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
juliagoooooolia
New Member
II a few minutes ago!! Complete 7/10 🙂
II just now. OOS complete 7/11
brownPiano
Full Member
Could some of you OOSers share your LMs? I was also complete in first week of July with an LM of 75...kind of shocked at the complete silence from all the amcas schools.
Pfcoolio14
Full Member
My application got verified a couple of days ago and I'm working on secondaries for some schools right now. Is it too late to submit my primary to Hofstra?
Could some of you OOSers share your LMs? I was also complete in first week of July with an LM of 75...kind of shocked at the complete silence from all the amcas schools.
I’m OOS with an LM of 76. Hang in there!
D
deleted976595
II!, OOS, stats in signature. Complete 7/15
II OOS complete 7/17 woooooo
Got an II! OOS, complete like july 18th or something.
Stats: Lizzy M = 76
Clinical hours: 600
Height: 6'5
Vertical: 6 inches (I know)
Mile PR: 5:30
Croc 2 Speedrun PR: 36:44
2nd Place 8th Grade spelling Bee
WARS: 6
Stats: Lizzy M = 76
Clinical hours: 600
Height: 6'5
Vertical: 6 inches (I know)
Mile PR: 5:30
Croc 2 Speedrun PR: 36:44
2nd Place 8th Grade spelling Bee
WARS: 6
brownPiano
Full Member
Damn I was complete on 7/10 , OOS with LM of 75...looks like I was passed up on
How long can you hold your breath? This will help me determine my chances.Got an II! OOS, complete like july 18th or something.
Stats: Lizzy M = 76
Clinical hours: 600
Height: 6'5
Vertical: 6 inches (I know)
Mile PR: 5:30
Croc 2 Speedrun PR: 36:44
2nd Place 8th Grade spelling Bee
WARS: 6
Ooh, looks like Hofstra's going in order of complete dates? 7/20 here.
D
deleted688779
Ooh, looks like Hofstra's going in order of complete dates? 7/20 here.
7/10 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dreamitmakeithappen
Full Member
App complete 8/1; II on 8/19
do you mind sharing your stats?
Congrats! That’s so fast!App complete 8/1; II on 8/19
anyone know what interview dates are still available?
It's OK - I haven't submitted my secondary yet! You're way ahead of me!Congrats all!
Still sitting at nothing...send help 🙁
3.76 biomedical engineering major, 514 with 131 CARS, research with conference presentations, good ECs (nothing insane), unique BME Capstone Projectdo you mind sharing your stats?
thanks!!! it's my first one and I'm so excited/nervous!Congrats! That’s so fast!
hopefulpremed3211
Full Member
II received today, 8/28
OOS, LM 71, complete 7/18
Congrats! Do you remember what interview dates were available?
Nothing left in September, October had about 6 days available with at least one day each week. Didn't look past thatCongrats! Do you remember what interview dates were available?
dreamitmakeithappen
Full Member
II received today, app complete 7/19
interview dates available every week in october
interview dates available every week in october
How's school going so far? Do you like your classmates and your courses? Thanks for hopping on and helping us lowly premeds!Nothing left in September, October had about 6 days available with at least one day each week. Didn't look past that
How's school going so far? Do you like your classmates and your courses? Thanks for hopping on and helping us lowly premeds!
Lmaoo the fact that I was a premed like a few months ago makes this so funny to me, but yea i love this school so far, the curriculum is really unique and awesome and the classmates are super well-chosen (as you would expect), and everyone is brilliant
anxiouzbroni
Full Member
Can anyone who recently interviewed here speak to their interview experience? Mine is fast approaching and I’m definitely very nervous!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dreamitmakeithappen
Full Member
are lectures mandatory? are they not recorded at all? i don't mind attending lectures, but i was more hoping lectures would be recorded so i would have something to go reference while reviewing and studying for examsLmaoo the fact that I was a premed like a few months ago makes this so funny to me, but yea i love this school so far, the curriculum is really unique and awesome and the classmates are super well-chosen (as you would expect), and everyone is brilliant
are there research opportunities around? do you feel you have time to do research as an M1?
are lectures mandatory? are they not recorded at all? i don't mind attending lectures, but i was more hoping lectures would be recorded so i would have something to go reference while reviewing and studying for exams
are there research opportunities around? do you feel you have time to do research as an M1?
We dont really have a lot of large group lectures. I'd say 80% of our time in "class" is in small groups of no more than 8 students. So yea it is "mandatory" but it's not even lectures for the most part. And trust me you wont have time to do research as an M1
Just interviewed today. Was a spectacular experience! I'm kind of a medical humanities nerd and I found out they had a very rich array of humanities programming, as well as student-made art lining the walls and a regularly published book of student, faculty, and staff written poetry, fiction, nonfiction, etc. I think they sell themselves short when it comes to this; it's really what I'm looking for in a school.
Interview was an MMI as you'd expect. Just prep as you would for any interview.
Interview was an MMI as you'd expect. Just prep as you would for any interview.