You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Hofstra
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II today!! Complete 7/28
interviews available mid-Nov through January
interviews available mid-Nov through January
curious_premed
Full Member
For those who interviewed, how was the overall stress/difficulty? I've had some MMIs which were relatively chill and some more grilling. I can't really picture what a combo MMI with traditional one-on-one would be like. Any advice on prep?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The MMI was pretty fun to be honest. Very casual and more of a conversation than a one-way talk. The whole experience in general was very positive! No way to prep except maybe general traditional interview prepping for those 2 14 minute onesFor those who interviewed, how was the overall stress/difficulty? I've had some MMIs which were relatively chill and some more grilling. I can't really picture what a combo MMI with traditional one-on-one would be like. Any advice on prep?
Woah, surprise II! Complete 8/12.
For those who interviewed, how was the overall stress/difficulty? I've had some MMIs which were relatively chill and some more grilling. I can't really picture what a combo MMI with traditional one-on-one would be like. Any advice on prep?
This was my 5th MMI and by far the easiest/most relaxed. All the interviewers were super nice and conversational, seemed like they were really making an effort to make you feel comfortable (definitely unlike some MMI interviewers I've had). The traditional one-on-one were both open file, my interviewers had taken notes ahead of time about questions to ask. Again, very relaxed and conversational. In terms of prep, I would just look up common med school interview questions and know your application well. Nothing unexpected came up on interview day 🙂
II! deciding on whether or not to decline this interview since it will be costly to travel from west to east coast
can anyone share about Zucker's financial aid generosity? are they known to give grants/scholarships to students? thank you!
can anyone share about Zucker's financial aid generosity? are they known to give grants/scholarships to students? thank you!
II! deciding on whether or not to decline this interview since it will be costly to travel from west to east coast
Congrats!!! Mind sharing your complete date/LizzyM or stats?
II! deciding on whether or not to decline this interview since it will be costly to travel from west to east coast
can anyone share about Zucker's financial aid generosity? are they known to give grants/scholarships to students? thank you!
If I remember right, they said the average student gets 50% of tuition covered in scholarships.
It meDid anyone who got interviews today happen to be at the uc Davis pre-health conference? Wondering if this had any factor in it
My guess is that if you got an II today, they already decided to interview you before the conference. Who knows, though! Regardless, congrats!Did anyone who got interviews today happen to be at the uc Davis pre-health conference? Wondering if this had any factor in it
I am guessing that might have had a factor?It me
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think it's too quick tbh. My friend who thinks they got iis from going didn't get them for a few weeks after.I am curious because we gave the adcom our contact info. Some schools said they will look at our app again after giving them our info. I guess we will never know.
Hofstra has a reputation for being pretty generous with financial aid. The average student gets at least ~$20,000 in scholarships IIRC, and they will generally match offers from other schools. They also can give you an interest-free institutional loan that covers a chunk of the CoA.can anyone share about Zucker's financial aid generosity? are they known to give grants/scholarships to students? thank you!
Unless you're swimming in II's or have an offer from a school you like it's probably worth it to fly out.
Thank you!!Hofstra has a reputation for being pretty generous with financial aid. The average student gets at least ~$20,000 in scholarships IIRC, and they will generally match offers from other schools. They also can give you an interest-free institutional loan that covers a chunk of the CoA.
Unless you're swimming in II's or have an offer from a school you like it's probably worth it to fly out.
II as well. Wanted to schedule in November but it flashed before my eyes lol.II! Complete 8/13. They're scheduling December/January
May i ask what dates are available? Thank you!!II LM75 Complete Mid-Late Aug
I snagged a late november date, but I think that was an exception. Other people who commented are correctMay i ask what dates are available? Thank you!!
Following
Got an II last week, scheduled for 12/9! Anyone here interviewing on the same date or going to be in that region? Would love to hang out and explore NY that weekend! I’m flying in Friday Dec. 6th and then leaving after the interview Dec. 9th evening.
I've never heard of a school outright expecting a post-interview acceptance letter. Doesn't mean it's not a thing I just haven't heard of it. Seems like if you don't have anything significant to report it shouldn't matter.Is Hofstra one of the schools that encourages post-interview update letters (aka does not submitting an update letter negatively impact your admissions decisions at all)?
Agreed. Schools may allow and accept update letters, but I doubt there are many (if any) that expect or encourage themI've never heard of a school outright expecting a post-interview acceptance letter. Doesn't mean it's not a thing I just haven't heard of it. Seems like if you don't have anything significant to report it shouldn't matter.
II! OOS. Complete 8/21
Last edited:
II today! SO EXCITED! OOS, complete 8/26
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II!
Complete 8/20
Complete 8/20
plz hofstra plz
II! OOS. Complete 8/21
II today! SO EXCITED! OOS, complete 8/26
Available dates plz? 🙂II!
Complete 8/20
Available dates plz? 🙂
When I went into the portal to choose, the earliest two dates were in late November, I believe November 21st and 25th. I chose the 25th.
Forgot to post earlier but received an II on 10/23. OOS, ORM, LM 72. This was my first II (submitted secondaries in August).
Does anyone know if interviewing earlier would significantly improve my chances? I'm leaning toward choosing late December, but I could also make it to the one in late November.
Does anyone know if interviewing earlier would significantly improve my chances? I'm leaning toward choosing late December, but I could also make it to the one in late November.
Been "in review" for over 4 months now. Sigh 🙁
D
deleted834048
I am 90% sure they said decisions would begin going out in December. So it might be in your favor to schedule earlier when less A’s are given out. Then again a week or two difference in the interview date is probably negligible. A month may be a little more significantForgot to post earlier but received an II on 10/23. OOS, ORM, LM 72. This was my first II (submitted secondaries in August).
Does anyone know if interviewing earlier would significantly improve my chances? I'm leaning toward choosing late December, but I could also make it to the one in late November.
+1 they said early/mid December will be the first wave of As. Such a long wait from interviewing early septI am 90% sure they said decisions would begin going out in December. So it might be in your favor to schedule earlier when less A’s are given out. Then again a week or two difference in the interview date is probably negligible. A month may be a little more significant
+1 they said early/mid December will be the first wave of As. Such a long wait from interviewing early sept
Do you know when the second wave of As would be? Or is it just rolling after that?
Pretty sure they said one in dec and a second in FebruaryDo you know when the second wave of As would be? Or is it just rolling after that?
II today! Lots of dates available, and you can check a box for food restrictions!
Once again, i will hit the Hofstra gods with a
plz hofstra plz
plz hofstra plz
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rooting for you!!Once again, i will hit the Hofstra gods with a
plz hofstra plz
What are the dates available?
I signed up later in the day yesterday and there were like 3 dates in December and a couple in January, I think 12/11, 12/19, 12/20, and I didn't pay especially close attention to the January dates sorryWhat are the dates available?