2019-2020 Howard

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone get any confirmation emails after submitting the secondary?
I am worried that my application might not have got through!!
 
No secondary here yet but also had a friend not get his until mid September last year so I hope we’re good. Although I’ve also heard of people never receiving anything else past the primary sooooo who knows lmao.
 
For those who have received a secondary, when were you verified?

Maybe they’re going in chronological order when sending them out
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seems to be somewhat chronological. I understand that because obviously give preference to those that had everything completed early. I was complete 7/17 for example and haven’t received one.

I was verified I think in the first couple days and still haven't received one, so maybe not completely chronological. Or maybe I'm just an outlier! lol
 
I already graduated and have taken all of the required classes for the majority of medical schools. Did not realize that Howard does not accept biochemistry as an Orgo II replacement like others and was going to not submit my secondary. I am reconsidering now that I received the secondary today... should I take Orgo II in the spring even though I took Orgo I 3 years ago???
 
I already graduated and have taken all of the required classes for the majority of medical schools. Did not realize that Howard does not accept biochemistry as an Orgo II replacement like others and was going to not submit my secondary. I am reconsidering now that I received the secondary today... should I take Orgo II in the spring even though I took Orgo I 3 years ago???
Seems like a lot to do for one school 🙁
 
I already graduated and have taken all of the required classes for the majority of medical schools. Did not realize that Howard does not accept biochemistry as an Orgo II replacement like others and was going to not submit my secondary. I am reconsidering now that I received the secondary today... should I take Orgo II in the spring even though I took Orgo I 3 years ago???
Do it! you are only missing the chances you do not take 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So my secondary email invite says:

We invite you to submit the HUCM SECONDARY APPLICATION AND APPLICATION FEE OF $75.00 in support of your HUCM application using the Application Gateway.

But I don't see a link to the application gateway?
 
Prereq Section: If you repeated a course, do you put both courses or only the class you received the higher grade?
 
Did anyone get any confirmation emails after submitting the secondary?
I am worried that my application might not have got through!!
I just submitted my app and did not get a confirmation email yet. It appears that for the schools that use this portal, our confirmation email may not come for at least a few days or up until a few weeks after submission.
 
Do we really think it will take 6-8 weeks for them to review Secondaries this late?
I wouldn't be surprised if it took that long since they sent us secondaries so late and since their website says interviews take place from Sept all through April. Hopefully they're able to get back to us relatively soon though!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad