2019-2020 Loyola

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today, OOS LM 73.5. Earliest is next Tuesday, September 24th. Yikes.
Your incredibly high rick and morty IQ mustve showed thru your secondaries- congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Ita response right on cue

“Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Stritch. I have checked the status of your application, which has been received and currently under review by our admissions committees. We do have several thousand applications that we are trying to process as quickly as possible, so we will notify you if there are any changes to your status. Our interview season runs through the middle of February, so if you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted via email.”

Which pperson from Loyola responded to your ITA email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the itinerary for interview day? I am trying to plan flights since I'm from 12 hours away but can't seem to find the actual timing of the interview anywhere online!

Does anyone know the itinerary for interview day? I am trying to plan flights since I'm from 12 hours away but can't seem to find the actual timing of the interview anywhere online!
Day runs from 8:45am-3:30pm. They don’t send you the itinerary until you confirm your date.

This is what the status says on my portal: "Your file has been initially reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. Your file will be held for further review later in the cycle. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in February. If you wish to update your file, please do so within your portal. Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."
It's been like this for maybe 3 weeks now.
Same here! Sounds like a rejection to me but making it painfully long!

Same here! Sounds like a rejection to me but making it painfully long!
It's just a standard hold. However, with as many applications as Loyola receives every year, it's hard to know how many people are receiving virtual soft rejections or if they actually select people placed on "Hold" for IIs.

It's just a standard hold. However, with as many applications as Loyola receives every year, it's hard to know how many people are receiving virtual soft rejections or if they actually select people placed on "Hold" for IIs.
According to past threads its pretty much a death sentence but >0

give them a letter of interest with updates in it. Let them know you are interested.
+1.

Loyola’s admissions staff repeatedly emphasized they love updates at my interview, even from people who aren’t initially invited. Show interest!

Reactions: 1 users
+1.

Loyola’s admissions staff repeatedly emphasized they love updates at my interview, even from people who aren’t initially invited. Show interest!
this is great to hear. I am interested in Loyola and am strategically planning to send them a letter later in the cycle after I accumulate more clinical and volunteer hours

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
+1.

Other than publications, what other things would be significant enough for an update?

Other than publications, what other things would be significant enough for an update?
I would say publications are usually worthy of an immediate update anytime during the cycle.

Updates on activity hours, new positions, and other stuff like that should be saved after a couple months of silence and/or post-II. In my personal opinion, it's still a bit early to be sending update letters for those things if it's only been a month or so since you were placed on hold. A letter of interest wouldn't hurt if you've been put on hold, though!

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say publications are usually worthy of an immediate update anytime during the cycle.

Updates on activity hours, new positions, and other stuff like that should be saved after a couple months of silence and/or post-II. In my personal opinion, it's still a bit early to be sending update letters for those things if it's only been a month or so since you were placed on hold. A letter of interest wouldn't hurt if you've been put on hold, though!
Thank you!! This is very helpful!! I haven’t heard anything from Loyola yet (no hold either) so I’ll wait a bit and if I still don’t hear anything I’ll give an update on my activities.

Hey SeaHusky! I just wanted some clarification/summary of these terms and when to send them: update letter, letter of interest, letter of intent. Please correct me if I am wrong!
- Update letter- can be sent at anytime if there are significant updates, before and/or after interview?
- Letter of interest- can be sent before given an interview? and also after an interview?
- Letter of intent- to be sent to one school that you've been accepted to and intend on attending?
Thanks in advance!

Hey SeaHusky! I just wanted some clarification/summary of these terms and when to send them: update letter, letter of interest, letter of intent. Please correct me if I am wrong!
- Update letter- can be sent at anytime if there are significant updates, before and/or after interview?
- Letter of interest- can be sent before given an interview? and also after an interview?
- Letter of intent- to be sent to one school that you've been accepted to and intend on attending?
Thanks in advance!
Hiya!

- Update letter: Correct, although there is conflicting information both on here and on Premeddit regarding the timing (reference what I said above in regards to the timing, depending on your update).
- Letter of interest: Correct!
- Letter of intent: These are usually sent to your "dream school" or a school you really hope to attend without getting an acceptance yet. Usually sent when you're on a waitlist, although I guess it wouldn't be the worst idea to send one if you've interviewed and have been on radio silence for months. Schools you've already been accepted to do not require anything; you've already been accepted!

Disclaimer: This is generalized advice given by n=1, but I feel like the above is the consensus I received when I previously asked for clarification from posters! :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Thanks in advance!
Yes and many people group together an update with letter of interest. Update is an excuse to include your continued itnerest.

Yes and many people group together an update with letter of interest. Update is an excuse to include your continued itnerest.
Well ****, now I wish I had included a letter of interest with my update letter a few weeks back to one of my schools :(

Complete 7/9, still have the under review status. For those of you that are on hold... when were you complete?

I was complete five days ago and have already received a hold on my portal "Your file has been initially reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. Your file will be held for further review later in the cycle. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in February. If you wish to update your file, please do so within your portal. Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."

Not sure if that means it's a soft-R, especially given how quick the turnaround time the hold was posted on my portal (I saw it this morning), but I guess it's better than silence/a hard-R. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

II!!! complete 7/19, heard back today

Edit: OOS, pls don’t ask for stats

Reactions: 9 users
Anyone know if Loyola is receptive to ITA emails?

I’m from east coast coming to visit a friend for a week but not too hopeful about getting an II here so thought I’d try anyway if they are lol

Well ****, now I wish I had included a letter of interest with my update letter a few weeks back to one of my schools :(
If you’re sending an update, I’m sure they know you’re interested ... don’t worry about it!

Anyone know if Loyola is receptive to ITA emails?

I’m from east coast coming to visit a friend for a week but not too hopeful about getting an II here so thought I’d try anyway if they are lol

Other people in past years have reported yes they are receptive (see ITA compendium thread...on my phone so cant link it here now).

Other people in past years have reported yes they are receptive (see ITA compendium thread...on my phone so cant link it here now).

Do ITA’s work if I live in Chicago? jk

Withdrew my II; good luck everyone!

Reactions: 19 users
II!!! WOOOO. Complete 7/29. LM 67 OOS. 5:33 PM. Had the under review message. So much for my ITA email last week but who knows maybe I got more eyes on it! Dates were all for October.

Reactions: 6 users
II!!! WOOOO. Complete 7/29. LM 67 OOS. 5:33 PM. Had the under review message. So much for my ITA email last week but who knows maybe I got more eyes on it! Dates were all for October.

Congrats! Did they email you?

Congrats! Did they email you?
Yup woke up from a nap, thought it was them trolling me with a masters program again. The dates available were from next week until the 3rd week of October.

• Haha
Yup woke up from a nap, thought it was them trolling me with a masters program again. The dates available were from next week until the 3rd week of October.

Congrats to you man!! Good to know they're still in October, must mean they have lots of II's to still give out

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 8/22. Portal now says "Hold for CC until Oct 15" anyone know what that means/ what CC is??

Interviewed 8/22. Portal now says "Hold for CC until Oct 15" anyone know what that means/ what CC is??

I think they referred to a Continued Consideration status at the interview? I also interviewed in August and don’t have anything new on my portal :/

Does yours say "CC" or "ACC"? Just checked my portal and it says:

"Hold for ACC until Oct 15"

Is that different from just "CC"? Oh god. My heart is racing lmao

Same lmao I dont think they can really tell us anything until the 15th so its anyone's guess

ACCeptance maybe????

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Same lmao I dont think they can really tell us anything until the 15th so its anyone's guess
Wait, so your status did say "CC" and not "ACC?"

I am so sorry, but checking my portal just made my neuroticism jump up tenfold :rofl: