2019-2020 Loyola

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+7
may we all receive the last few II to be sent out

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think A’s should be sent out today! They had a committee meeting yesterday.
I may have missed it earlier in the thread but when does the committee meet? Every 2nd Monday of the month or is it more often?

Thanks guys!! I was not on hold. I’ve been complete since July but silence till now. They offered tomorrow, next Tuesday, and next Thursday

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
“tomorrow” lmao

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
I hope I don't sound ungrateful but their short notice interview offers are a bit ridiculous! Especially as someone that had to fly from CA and find accommodations in time - I would've saved so much money if I could have booked my flight in advance. I'm already pretty broke and this doesn't help haha

I hope I don't sound ungrateful but their short notice interview offers are a bit ridiculous! Especially as someone that had to fly from CA and find accommodations in time - I would've saved so much money if I could have booked my flight in advance. I'm already pretty broke and this doesn't help haha
To be fair it was probably a cancellation if its tomorrow.... Most of these are probably cancellations since its the end of the cycle.

To be fair it was probably a cancellation if its tomorrow.... Most of these are probably cancellations since its the end of the cycle.
Oh I’m not even talking about the one for the next day. Even if I tried to book a flight for next Tuesday or Thursday, It would’ve been so expensive. My interview was scheduled 2 weeks out and my boss was still kinda pissed I didn’t give them more notice. It’s just hard to plan around

Reactions: 1 user
II just now, no previous hold. Complete 7/24. Options are Feb 18, 20, or 25th.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just got an II but the flights there and back are going to cost me nearly a grand. Do you think the school could help me financially? OOS and Underserved

Just got an II but the flights there and back are going to cost me nearly a grand. Do you think the school could help me financially? OOS and Underserved
Worth a try, did you try southwest?? If you DM I could try and find you a good flight. Willing to help.

Reactions: 4 users
Oh no its almost done :scared:
Btw guys, if you've been accepted to somewhere you'd rather go to instead of Loyola, remember to withdraw you interview or app from Loyola so us no interview people get a chance at becoming a doctor :(

Reactions: 16 users

Edit: (if the school cant help out)

Hey try finding someone who can get a buddy pass (ie works for an airline, family of someone), look into trains, cost of driving, or even start a GoFundMe.

Id chip in as much as I can. Its not much but its something and maybe with the contribution of others on here + reddit you can cover a portion of it.

really hoping to be graced with an II and get off this pre-II hold...... *massive sigh*

Reactions: 10 users
accepted here 2 days ago! interviewed 1/16
cannot believe it, so so excited about this school :)

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
How long does it normally take to hear back after interview?
On my interview date on 10/22 we were told 4-6 weeks. But its variable. Someone on here from my interview date reported hearing an acceptance 4 weeks later. I was called for my accepted on 1/14. So... as you can see it really can vary. I was personally hurt by thanskgiving/christmas/new years tho.

accepted here 2 days ago! interviewed 1/16
cannot believe it, so so excited about this school :)

I also interviewed on 1/16 but haven’t heard back yet.... does this mean I’m in the rejection pool :(? Or that they just haven’t gotten to me? Dang now I’m even more nervous

I also interviewed on 1/16 but haven’t heard back yet.... does this mean I’m in the rejection pool :(? Or that they just haven’t gotten to me? Dang now I’m even more nervous
Nope — I waited like 3 months cause an interview took awhile to submit his report. You go to a selection committee first that gives u a score and then you go to the executive committee. Just means you weren’t brought up at the meeting !

Reactions: 2 users
@accepted students anyone else not have loyola report them to the AAMC? I called and they said they hadn't gotten anything from loyola about me lol.

So friends at Stritch are telling me they’re changing our curriculum
Just so were clear they sent out an internal email to faculty last week saying the curriculum is changing. Upon clarification-- the curriculum will be overhauled -- IN A COUPLE YEARS. For our class there will be some "slow adjustments" aka just re-order things. It is going to be pretty much the same.

I had marked in my spreadsheet that I hadn't sent an update yet so I went and submitted an update with more volunteer work and shadowing as well as an unofficial transcript from fall. Then I looked back on my application and turns out I did submit that exact same update earlier this month and just didn't mark it down so now they have duplicates. *facepalm*

I had marked in my spreadsheet that I hadn't sent an update yet so I went and submitted an update with more volunteer work and shadowing as well as an unofficial transcript from fall. Then I looked back on my application and turns out I did submit that exact same update earlier this month and just didn't mark it down so now they have duplicates. *facepalm*
Oops!
I’m under the impression that Loyola isn’t offering anymore IIs anyway. Did you already interview with them?

Oops!
I’m under the impression that Loyola isn’t offering anymore IIs anyway. Did you already interview with them?
I have not interviewed but am still holding out hope for a cancellation. I know it's a long shot.

What days does the school usually offer IIs?

For the rest of us still in the game (hold or no hold), we literally have 7 business days left of February. Realistically 5 business days if we exclude tomorrow and Friday.

If assuming they ONLY interview through February (and not any later) regardless of any II leftovers, then all I can say is yikes...

interviewing at the last date - are we at a disadvantage? :/
Well, you’re not an advantage but an interview is better than no interview. If you are who they are looking for you will be accepted! No need to go in with that attitude. go in with a positive mindset !

Reactions: 1 users
For those who have filled out the financial aid application (pink form), does anyone know what the 'effective until' space means? I'm assuming they're wondering how long you'll have your email for, but I'm not quite sure...

For those who have filled out the financial aid application (pink form), does anyone know what the 'effective until' space means? I'm assuming they're wondering how long you'll have your email for, but I'm not quite sure...
That's how I interpreted it. I just said something along the lines of "At least 2024" or "Until graduation," can't really remember.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know when the deadline is for sending official transcripts are?

Does anyone have the Match lists from previous years? I was told that they post them on the admission office door during second look day, but I will not be able to afford to fly out on that date. does anyone have access to match list and is able to share? that would be super appreciated!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have the Match lists from previous years? I was told that they post them on the admission office door during second look day, but I will not be able to afford to fly out on that date. does anyone have access to match list and is able to share? that would be super appreciated!
I asked this question previously and it seems like they would rather not release an exact list with breakdowns. If you scroll back, it seems like there are lots of good matches though