2019-2020 Loyola

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Loyola matches really well and does very well on step. They historically keep their average scores underwraps and their match lists under wraps. However on second look, the information will be made available. Second look is Thursday April 2nd (dinner) and April 3rd (all day).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
hey do you guys know if we have to use the AAMC site for this application? or can we just send them our resume and transcript? if you know how it works please message me ASAP

• Hmm
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
hey do you guys know if we have to use the AAMC site for this application? or can we just send them our resume and transcript? if you know how it works please message me ASAP
All US MD schools outside of Texas utilize AMCAS (the AAMC website), including Loyola

Does the portal change to a specific message when a decision has been reached post-interview? Mine says “Your interview has been completed. We thank you for visiting us and for your interest in our program.”

Does the portal change to a specific message when a decision has been reached post-interview? Mine says “Your interview has been completed. We thank you for visiting us and for your interest in our program.”

Yup. They’ll call you first and they send you an email, snail mail, and update your portal right after.

Yup. They’ll call you first and they send you an email, snail mail, and update your portal right after.

really hoping today is the post-interview acceptance day since they had an adcom meeting yesterday eeekkkk

Reactions: 6 users
So if the last of the II have gone out, does that mean the rest of us will be getting official rejections soon?

So if the last of the II have gone out, does that mean the rest of us will be getting official rejections soon?

Possibly, each school is different. Will likely wait till after Thursday for last second cancelations

Soooo question on post interview status. Should it say “your interview has been completed” right after you finished your interview? I interviewed early Feb and mine says “thank you for scheduling your interview...”

I’m not sure if “your interview has been completed” means a decision has been made or that you literally finished your interview. Otherwise I’m kinda concerned I messed up my ID number on interview day by mistake lmao

@Talldoctor96 and whoever else interviewed, any thoughts appreciated

Reactions: 1 user
Soooo question on post interview status. Should it say “your interview has been completed” right after you finished your interview? I interviewed early Feb and mine says “thank you for scheduling your interview...”

I’m not sure if “your interview has been completed” means a decision has been made or that you literally finished your interview. Otherwise I’m kinda concerned I messed up my ID number on interview day by mistake lmao

Oh I think I definitely messed up my AMCAS ID on the check in portal and left out the last digit on accident. But mine still changed - contact them!

Members don't see this ad :)

Mine changed the day after my interview. That was several weeks ago, and I haven’t been given a post-interview decision yet. I think it changes after your interviewers pass on their assessments to the committee,not when the committee actually makes a decision.

You could be unlucky and have an interviewer who forgot to turn theirs in? I think that’s what @Talldoctor96 said happened to them and caused their decision to take several months? In which case calling would probably be a good idea so they can check on that for you.

Is there any way to check whether they received your pink Fin Aid folder online?

It just means your interviewer hasn’t submitted yet. This is out of your hands at this point judt be patient :)

Are there people who interviewed before 1/21, have the portal status “your interview is complete...” and still haven’t heard back?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Are there people who interviewed before 1/21, have the portal status “your interview is complete...” and still haven’t heard back?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Patience. They didn’t lose your file. Interview season is wrapping up they’ll get to you. I waited 3 months.

How much walking outside is there during interview day?

I had to go outside to go to another building for an interview. Parking lot is right across from Stritch. Both walks were less than 5 minutes each. Pro tip: they have a nice coat room and the admissions staff is very sweet. Good luck and have some fun!

Does anyone know if the pink folder is only for need based aid?

The pink folder is for institutional Loyola AID, need based is taken into consideration. Also if you have questions I encourage you to call instead of posting on here. They are very nice and always answer. PS pink folder priority deadline is tomorrow.

i have been refreshing the portal and sdn every waking moment of my life since the interview and when im sleeping i dream about it

i cant even see no more & i am posting this because nobody is saying anything and i need to feel something

Reactions: 10 users
i have been refreshing the portal and sdn every waking moment of my life since the interview and when im sleeping i dream about it

i cant even see no more & i am posting this because nobody is saying anything and i need to feel something

they’ll call you if you get accepted so no need to refresh that portal! Haha

they’ll call you if you get accepted so no need to refresh that portal! Haha
He’s trying to get those last minute portal views in before the executive committee meeting ;) (he/she no gender assumptions here)

• Haha
I doubt there is a statistic but what percent of people get accepted from CC/waitlist?

If you wrote a letter of intent, would you email it to admissions directly or would you apply it to your supplemental materials in the application portal?

If you wrote a letter of intent, would you email it to admissions directly or would you apply it to your supplemental materials in the application portal?
I submitted it on the application portal. I’m not sure if it matters, though.

I submitted it on the application portal. I’m not sure if it matters, though.
It definitely matters. Do it through the portal for sure, and send it to the email if u want to be sure. I love Loyola and it’s where I’m going but they have an admissions office of 4 with Probably 1 person reading the email. You want that on your portal for sure so put it there first.

When is second look? I was accepted about two weeks ago and haven't received an invite yet... anyone else?

So if interviews are over...do they do silent rejections?

I was complete on 8/8/19 and have not heard anything back from them. Their website says that interviews only go through Feb. If i have not been rejected does that mean my application got lost or something during the review process?