2019-2020 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone aware of which day the alternate list will be reviewed in March?

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone aware of which day the alternate list will be reviewed in March?

I'm guessing the Monday after the next set of interviews. It seems like they look at the waitlist on the Monday and the Tuesday they send out acceptances/waitlist/rejects. It's what I noticed on this form when people get off the waitlist. I could also be completely wrong. I think a next set of interviews is on the 14th of march so I'd guess the 16th.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have a sense of how many slots are left? Are we interviewing for the waitlist, basically?

Reactions: 1 user
How long did you guys receive news on whether or not you got an interview after your supplemental materials were submitted and approved/marked green?

Will they also call people on the waitlist? Or just accepted applicants?
I believe only accepts get phone calls. Wait-listed folks will probably be emailed regarding a portal update.

How long did you guys receive news on whether or not you got an interview after your supplemental materials were submitted and approved/marked green?
They marked my supplemental application received in October and I received interview invitation in January

I believe only accepts get phone calls. Wait-listed folks will probably be emailed regarding a portal update.
That is correct, if you are waitlisted, they just email you that you've been placed on the alternative list. Alternative list = waitlist

Aw, bummer... Joined the Alternate list club today. :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Let's all try and keep each other's spirits up ♥️ it pays to be patient and persistent!

Let's all try and keep each other's spirits up ♥ it pays to be patient and persistent!
What time did they send out the email? My best guess is that they dont want to accept a lot of people do to it being the end of the cycle. So keep your patients up everyone

What time did they send out the email? My best guess is that they dont want to accept a lot of people do to it being the end of the cycle. So keep your patients up everyone
I got the notice around 2:00 p.m. Eastern.

Let's all try and keep each other's spirits up ♥ it pays to be patient and persistent!
Yes keep your spirits up!! Wait list isn’t bad. I interviewed in March (2017), waitlisted, then got accepted late May. It all will work out!❤️

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys,
I’m interviewing on March 14th. I see everybody is going on the waitlist. Does anybody know if there is only one waitlist and how many people are put on it?

Hey guys,
I’m interviewing on March 14th. I see everybody is going on the waitlist. Does anybody know if there is only one waitlist and how many people are put on it?
Does anybody know if they have seats available and are waiting for the March interviews to be done?

Do they rank individuals on the waitlist? Trying to figure out how it works.

Do they rank individuals on the waitlist? Trying to figure out how it works.
I'm not sure if there are still individuals on the list from 2019. For the ranking, they never stated anything. I'm guessing they have an unofficial ranking that isn't shared.

I'm not sure if there are still individuals on the list from 2019. For the ranking, they never stated anything. I'm guessing they have an unofficial ranking that isn't shared.
That’s actually pretty good news. Are they just waiting for these March interviews to finish to take people off the waitlist?

Admissions shared on interview day that they have taken fewer and fewer people off wait list over the past three years - only accepted 38 off wait list last year. But it all depends on the deadlines and how many people release their seats. I think we just have to stay positive and patient as they move through their process, because we may not know in as timely a manner as we would like. I like to say, get comfortable with being uncomfortable :wacky:

Anybody from January or February interviews get accepted?

• Hmm
Just got an email asking me to complete my secondary, also reassuring that interview dates will be available until April, there are still seats available to give out too. Good luck everyone!

• Love
Here's the typical what are you stats and are you planning on attending at MU?
OOS, 513, 3.8 GPA, 3.64 sGPA. Not sure if I'll be attending still deciding. Really really loved the school and they also sent nice stuff in the mail

• Wow
They did send rejections pre-II as early as November. I've only seen one or two post-II rejections on here, but it's happened.
I was just wondering if everyone gets on the waitlist after interview or they reject people without getting put on the waitlist

I was just wondering if everyone gets on the waitlist after interview or they reject people without getting put on the waitlist
They reject people pre- and post-interview. Historically, being placed on the waitlist was not a bad place to be as many got pulled off of it, but it sounds like last year that wasn't the case.

how big of an impact is ECs and being a graduate after a good interview especially cause on the website they say that although the mcat is important, it’s not all they look at for acceptance

Withdrawing my acceptance (going to IU). I hope one of y'all take my spot

Marian is an awesome up and coming medical school. They are building a strong reputation among health care professionals across the state and beyond. I would encourage anyone to attend there!

Note: Out of all of my interviews, Marian was undoubtedly one of the most pleasant and enjoyable interviews I have done.

Good Luck to all!

Reactions: 6 users
Of the accepted people, is anyone going to the MU-COM DOCTOR Series thing?

Just a reminder guys, you have to accept your place on the alternate list within 2 weeks of receiving notice!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone! So I just recently got invited to interview at MUCOM and I was wondering if it would be detrimental to my chances of being accepted if I interviewed in April instead of March. There is one date in March and another in April (I presume the April date is the last for interviews). I would prefer to interview in April because I'm scheduled to retake the MCAT March 27th (currently have a 502 but have been averaging 509 on the 5 NS exams). I was waitlisted at two other schools I've interviewed at and wanted to take action to better my application in case I do have to reapply in the next cycle (hence why I'm taking the MCAT). Any opinions? If I have significantly higher chances of being accepted in March then I will probably take the L on some study hours and interview then!

Hey everyone! So I just recently got invited to interview at MUCOM and I was wondering if it would be detrimental to my chances of being accepted if I interviewed in April instead of March. There is one date in March and another in April (I presume the April date is the last for interviews). I would prefer to interview in April because I'm scheduled to retake the MCAT March 27th (currently have a 502 but have been averaging 509 on the 5 NS exams). I was waitlisted at two other schools I've interviewed at and wanted to take action to better my application in case I do have to reapply in the next cycle (hence why I'm taking the MCAT). Any opinions? If I have significantly higher chances of being accepted in March then I will probably take the L on some study hours and interview then!
If it were me, I'd do the March interview and study for the MCAT at the same time. I'd focus on turning the waitlists into acceptances and focus on prepping for this interview for an acceptance. If you have an acceptance, you won't have to spend the time, money, stress, and energy of applying next cycle. I think they still do acceptances in March and April but it's preferred to schedule earlier.

If it were me, I'd do the March interview and study for the MCAT at the same time. I'd focus on turning the waitlists into acceptances and focus on prepping for this interview for an acceptance. If you have an acceptance, you won't have to spend the time, money, stress, and energy of applying next cycle. I think they still do acceptances in March and April but it's preferred to schedule earlier.
I appreciate the input thank you!!!