2019-2020 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey @MUCOM, on or around when should we be expecting our initial financial aid award letter (for accepted and attending students)given that is what most students need for proof of income during school to apply for housing? Thank you in advance.
Hi Momento,
Typically, once we send out your Marian log-in credentials, you will have access to your financial aid information. We typically send the credentials the first week of May.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Momento,
Typically, once we send out your Marian log-in credentials, you will have access to your financial aid information. We typically send the credentials the first week of May.
thank you for the quick response. I appreciate it.

Does anyone know when do they review the alternate list? I have heard May and June.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when do they review the alternate list? I have heard May and June.

They sent an email not too long ago (30 mins) saying they start reviewing this Saturday after the 5/1 deposit deadline, then throughout the summer as spots open.

Reactions: 1 users
praying so hard right now to be on the accepted list!!!!

Statistically how many people get pulled off the waitlist for MU COM every year?

Just curious, what's everyone on the waitlist that wants to go here GPA / MCAT and are you accepted at other schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious, what's everyone on the waitlist that wants to go here GPA / MCAT and are you accepted at other schools?
3.8/3.9 (undergrad and then grad school); 500 (mcat sucks lol); accepted at 3 schools, 1 waitlist

I feel like LECOM Bradenton ghosted me. I interviewed 5 weeks ago and haven't heard anything :(
Call!! I interviewed in October & didn’t hear anything until I called in February. Call Ron Shively and leave a message if he doesn’t answer.

Considering the fact that their lowest score that they would consider is a 490 MCAT as a minimum does anybody know anyone who actually got in with like a 492 or 493 MCAT?

For accepted students... if we are paying our deposit, can we submit the payment online on May 1st or does it have to be done on the 30th? My paycheck comes on the 30th and sometimes I can’t access the money until the 1st of the next month... moderately stressed!!

For accepted students... if we are paying our deposit, can we submit the payment online on May 1st or does it have to be done on the 30th? My paycheck comes on the 30th and sometimes I can’t access the money until the 1st of the next month... moderately stressed!!
My payment went through instantly. So I dont think you should have an issue paying on the first.

it also says pay may 1st no later than 5 pm!

Currently, the average MCAT score of this years cycle was a 506 if that helps anyone... it seems like they are trying to increase their average stats... thats pretty high for a DO school!

Please tell me that “BMS fee waiver” email was just a general email sent to all and not a pseudo-rejection??:depressed:

Last edited:
Maybe it's cause people are giving up their seats already, hopefully, they continue giving out calls tomorrow too cause today's the deadline for AAMC
My guess is that they didn't fill all their seats. Maybe they wanted to fill it and the ones that don't pay the deposit by deadline seats go out tomorrow.

My guess is that they didn't fill all their seats. Maybe they wanted to fill it and the ones that don't pay the deposit by deadline seats go out tomorrow.
Wow that’s even better news. Hope it works out for everybody on the waitlist.

Wonder how many people get pulled off the waitlist usually

Wonder how many people get pulled off the waitlist usually
If we take the stats from last year. 156 students enrolled in, but they sent out 296 acceptances, so the odds seem pretty good getting accepted off the waitlist.

If we take the stats from last year. 156 students enrolled in, but they sent out 296 acceptances, so the odds seem pretty good getting accepted off the waitlist.
I heard last year it was only 20 people that got off the waitlist. I don't know if waitlist counts as acceptances tho

Nothing yet, I really need this win today. Fingers crossed.

It looks like I'm probably going to stay on the WL here. Accepted students when were you waitlisted?

It looks like I'm probably going to stay on the WL here. Accepted students when were you waitlisted?
I was waitlisted in December. Don’t give up! There will definitely be more acceptances through the summer :)