2019-2020 Medical College of Georgia at Augusta

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That’s all for now unless you’re really antsy and want to get bloodwork done now! I was accepted mid-November and it took until last week to get my email and ID so don’t be concerned if it takes a while to hear back!
Thanks so much, I also just did the background check that was emailed to me. I almost missed it because it didn't come from an MCG email address. I think we have to wait for blood work because I think the TB test has to be "no more than 90 days prior" to the first class.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I spoke with admissions earlier this week. That stated they still have waves of acceptances that we’re gonna send out. They stated they’ve missed a few meeting due to weather and if you haven’t heard anything don’t assume it’s a waitlist.
Lol huh. I do not recall any inclement weather this year that was enough to cancel anything. Whatevs, I hope they had like 50 meetings they missed so we all get in.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
But this person interviewed back in October. I interviewed in mid-late October and heard back in November. They have definitely already reviewed this person’s application.
They continue to review peoples' applications throughout the whole process, so people still have a chance of getting in even if they were rolled over a few application review sessions already.

Members don't see this ad :)
They continue to review peoples' applications throughout the whole process, so people still have a chance of getting in even if they were rolled over a few application review sessions already.
I understand that, but i gave my opinion if this was me and what I would be thinking. And I said that in my response. People can be more optimistic than me

Withdrew my acceptance, hope it goes to someone waiting!

Reactions: 5 users
Just accepted! Interviewed in October and totally thought I was going to get that hard waitlist email today

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted!! Also interview in October and thought the same thing. First acceptance I’m over the moon

Reactions: 9 users
JUST ACCEPTEDDDDD, may start crying at work! Interviewed in December!

Reactions: 7 users
Just Accepted!!! Interviewed in October. Shaking rn. Can’t believe I have the great opportunity to become a physician.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just accepted! Interviewed in late November! thankful for you all throughout this nerve wrecking process and lot of positive vibes to everyone waiting to hear back.

Reactions: 4 users
Just accepted! Interviewed in late November! thankful for you all throughout this nerve wrecking process and lot of positive vibes to everyone waiting to hear back.
congrats!! do you know if the emails are coming out in waves, or did you receive the email around the same time everyone else did?

Congrats on every acceptance! For all those accepted, if you have time, can you state what day you interviewed, and MCAT/GPA stats?

so are they done giving out acceptances now? based off last year's posts, it seems like next friday will be when waitlist emails are released

Accepted! Interviewed Jan 9, 508, 3.7, non-traditional

Spoke with admissions. They stated those who haven’t heard anything thus far should receive something by mid to late next week.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m curious for those accepted how many shadowing and volunteer hours you have. I have tons of experience working as a teaching assistant and tutor, a decent GPA and MCAT (3.96 and 514) about a year of research experience without publications, but little volunteering- clinical or otherwise. I’m wondering if this is what’s hurt me. Or maybe I just totally blew the interview :(.

I’m curious for those accepted how many shadowing and volunteer hours you have. I have tons of experience working as a teaching assistant and tutor, a decent GPA and MCAT (3.96 and 514) about a year of research experience without publications, but little volunteering- clinical or otherwise. I’m wondering if this is what’s hurt me. Or maybe I just totally blew the interview :(.
I had over 1000 hours shadowing and a year of work in a clinic during undergrad. I am now in my second year of a fellowship at the NIH and volunteer in the ICU at a hospital nearby on the weekends!

Interviewed in November and ACCEPTED this morning as well!! Started running around screaming at work and everyone thought I broke an arm or something :rofl:

How many hours of clinical exposure (shadowing or volunteering or working) did you have?

I had over 1000 hours shadowing and a year of work in a clinic during undergrad. I am now in my second year of a fellowship at the NIH and volunteer in the ICU at a hospital nearby on the weekends!
Wow that’s awesome! I don’t have a car and live in a town
How many hours of clinical exposure (shadowing or volunteering or working) did you have?
Not a lot. Maybe 200?

I realized I accidentally posted before finishing lol. I live in a town without public transportation and don’t have a car, so getting extracurricular hours has been challenging.

Do y’alls portals not work? Mine is giving me some kind of error

Guess we both got rejected :(
(Kidding but hopefully I’m not right)

I called and their site is down for IT to do some work. They said it would probably be back up working tonight or tomorrow!

Class of 2024 Facebook Group, started by current M1s

Last edited:
So do we think we are going to get another week of acceptances or is this the waitlist/rejection week?

Just called and when I asked if they are done handing out acceptances they said “the committee is still making final decisions”. And then when I asked if that means they still have meetings left, she said yes. So, in other words, I’m still maintaining hope!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone heard back today? I still haven’t received an email

Waitlisted just now. Super bummed, but not surprised.

• Sad
I still haven’t heard anything? Should I call?

Is anyone else getting the error when they try to accept the waitlist