2019-2020 Medical College of Georgia at Augusta

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone still not received a campus assignment?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an accepted student facebook page?

I know its been mentioned on here before, but does anyone have any updated info on WL movement? I know I've seen the numbers of 40-50 before but I was hoping someone might know about last years movement

Reactions: 3 users
I know its been mentioned on here before, but does anyone have any updated info on WL movement? I know I've seen the numbers of 40-50 before but I was hoping someone might know about last years movement
I want to know about it also! My friend hasn’t heard back yet!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has finaid been given out?
I got an email apologizing that they haven’t been able to provide an award letter, but provided the estimated COA for 2020-2021. They did not provide any info as to when we would receive our actual award letter.

Reactions: 1 users
I got an email apologizing that they haven’t been able to provide an award letter, but provided the estimated COA for 2020-2021. They did not provide any info as to when we would receive our actual award letter.
Thanks for letting me know! It’s reallt hard because I have to decide by the 30th and want to take into account finances...

Reactions: 1 user
Just withdrew my application. Good luck everyone! Hope my A goes to one of you!

Never received this - is the M1 2020-2021 CoA listed somewhere online? thanks.

Anyone other OOS waiting to hear back on the presidential scholarship to get in-state tuition?

Accepted off the WL just now. Either WL movement has begun or I got the A @Colbie declined. Passing this one along as well... hope one of you still waiting for an A gets it!

Reactions: 8 users
Withdrew my A a few days ago after a long deliberation. MCG is a great school with great people, so best of luck to those on the WL!

Has anyone gotten their FA? PTE is tomorrow...
I emailed them and they said it will not be out by the 30th because they haven't started awards yet. I don't really know how they can do that? But basically you have to base your FA off of a general estimated award- which they sent to our Augusta University emails

Got off the WL earlier today too! anyone know how long campus preference usually gets processed?

Reactions: 5 users
What are the stats of the students who are getting accepted off of the waitlist. Can some one private message me their stats and the things the did to help get off of the waitlist.

Anyone who’s gotten moved from the waitlist did you guys do anything that you think helped you get moved off?

Just withdrew my A from this school to attend another. It was a tough tough choice. I hope one of you guys get it! Best of luck to all!

Reactions: 4 users
Check your newly assigned Augusta email. COA in-state is $59,639 for 2020-2021.

Feeling out of the loop lol. They gave me an Augusta.edu address, are you saying they’ve given NEW addresses since then? Im only getting their COVID19 webinar notifications, no admissions info yet.

Check your newly assigned Augusta email. COA in-state is $59,639 for 2020-2021.
Are you sure you’re not looking at out of state? In state should be closer to $28,000. I doubt they increased tuition THAT much.

Are you sure you’re not looking at out of state? In state should be closer to $28,000. I doubt they increased tuition THAT much.
$59,639 is in-state total cost of attendance for living off campus. This includes tuition of about $29,000, room and board, fees, books, and miscellaneous.

M1 in state off campus- your estimated award will be $42722 in unsubsidized loans and $16917 in PLUS loans

Books & Supplies$2,000.00
Fees$5,601
Student Loan Fee$452.00
Miscellaneous$7,030.00
Room & Board $11,780.00
Transportation$3,850.00
Tuition $28,926.00
Total$59,639.00

After we got this breakdown last week, I emailed to get a breakdown of what goes into fees and miscellaneous, but I haven't heard back yet.

What are the stats of the students who are getting accepted off of the waitlist. Can some one private message me their stats and the things the did to help get off of the waitlist.
Anyone who’s gotten moved from the waitlist did you guys do anything that you think helped you get moved off?
These are my stats:
URM
MCAT: 507
GPA: 3.94
GPA (BCPM): 3.96
And i called admissions after my WL email and the lady on the phone said their application update deadline had passed and recommended waiting it out and basically “trusting the process”. Sorry if that isn’t much help.

These are my stats:
URM
MCAT: 507
GPA: 3.94
GPA (BCPM): 3.96
And i called admissions after my WL email and the lady on the phone said their application update deadline had passed and recommended waiting it out and basically “trusting the process”. Sorry if that isn’t much help.

Thank you, that does help! I was debating calling admissions myself. I guess at this point we just have to wait and hope for the best!

Got accepted off of the waitlist about two hours ago!!! Super excited because this is my first acceptance. I have sent a couple of updates (in February when I got waitlisted and again last week). MCAT: 516, GPA: 3.78

Reactions: 13 users
Current M2 here, feel free to ask me anything you’d like to know about MCG!
MCG is by far my number one choice. I was considering applying ED- 3.9 GPA and 515 MCAT, do I get an advantage applying Ed/ is it worth it if I know MCG is the school I want to attend?

MCG is by far my number one choice. I was considering applying ED- 3.9 GPA and 515 MCAT, do I get an advantage applying Ed/ is it worth it if I know MCG is the school I want to attend?
ED has pros and cons. Pro: if you get an interview, you’ll interview really early and hear back really early. You’ll have all that done by October. Con: You can’t apply anywhere else until you hear back from MCG, which means if you don’t get accepted, you’re extremely late to the game applying to other schools.

you have excellent base stats, as I’m sure you know. That will get someone at MCG to look at your app. But to get an interview, they really like to see quality community service and strong connections to Georgia.

$59,639 is in-state total cost of attendance for living off campus. This includes tuition of about $29,000, room and board, fees, books, and miscellaneous.

M1 in state off campus- your estimated award will be $42722 in unsubsidized loans and $16917 in PLUS loans

Books & Supplies$2,000.00
Fees$5,601
Student Loan Fee$452.00
Miscellaneous$7,030.00
Room & Board$11,780.00
Transportation$3,850.00
Tuition$28,926.00
Total$59,639.00

After we got this breakdown last week, I emailed to get a breakdown of what goes into fees and miscellaneous, but I haven't heard back yet.
Ok I thought you were just stating tuition. That number makes sense with living expenses included

For accepted students, is there an acceptance deposit due by today?
I don't know how accpetances/deposits will work after April 30th, but prior to it, once you get your acceptance, you had 2 weeks to send them your deposit along with the signed forms you got in the acceptance email.

April 30th was the deadline to get your deposit back if you withdraw your app.

If you are on WL and did not hear back yesterday (4/30) about an acceptance, is it realistic to assume that an A is not likely (since the majority of WL movement should have taken place yesterday)?

If you are on WL and did not hear back yesterday (4/30) about an acceptance, is it realistic to assume that an A is not likely (since the majority of WL movement should have taken place yesterday)?
I don't think so. Based off of last year's WL movement for MCG, and waitlist trends in general, it seem that most movement happens in the next couple of weeks (May 1-15). Keep your head up, good luck!

Accepted off the waitlist around 11:30 this morning
I still feel like it's a clerical error or a joke?
could someone who also got in off the WL help me navigate the next steps or like when to expect getting an augusta email account, etc.
I tried calling admissions but had to leave a voicemail

Reactions: 13 users
Accepted off the waitlist around 11:30 this morning
I still feel like it's a clerical error or a joke?
could someone who also got in off the WL help me navigate the next steps or like when to expect getting an augusta email account, etc.
I tried calling admissions but had to leave a voicemail

Congrats!!

how much more movement are we expecting here? not sure how much longer to keep my hopes up lol

Somehow slipped out of the WL and into the acceptance pool!!! Got the email 11:30am. Have I been trapped in an Infinite Tsukiyomi? Somebody come wake me up when Kaguya is sealed.

how much more movement are we expecting here? not sure how much longer to keep my hopes up lol
There is no way to say for sure but I would expect the vast majority of the movement to happen by next Friday or the Friday after.

Last edited:
Also accepted today! I think there could be more acceptances once accepted MCG students get off of wait lists in other schools