2019-2020 Medical College of Georgia at Augusta

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Okay, so MCG's website says the following:

-After June 1st, all accepted students, must affirm their acceptance and withdraw from other medical schools within 48 hours.

-All accepted students are required to commit to enroll by July 6th. Those participating in the pre-matriculation program must commit by May 15th. If not, MCG may withdraw you from the 2020 entering class.

So I'm a little bit confused.. when exactly are students who are accepted to MCG essentially to forced to choose if they are going to matriculate or not? I'm just trying to predict when the last time is that we can realistically expect much WL movement. I know there's the rare case where someone somehow drops during orientation week or whatever, but I think it's safe to assume that a couple of weeks after July 6th, there's close to 0% chance you'd come off the waitlist?

At some point I'm going to have to go ahead and sign a lease in the town where my back-up school is but is there any way to know when that point is?

Where did you see that? Accepted students’ only acceptance protocol communication is to CTE by July 6th. I haven’t seen anything for June 1st. Maybe that’s for students accepted off the waitlist? A few accepted students I have talked to are waiting until the last minute to withdraw waitlists and CTE to MCG. Since many schools have an earlier CTE date, they’re hoping some WL movement will happen between then and MCG’s CTE date. Hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Where did you see that? Accepted students’ only acceptance protocol communication is to CTE by July 6th. I haven’t seen anything for June 1st. Maybe that’s for students accepted off the waitlist? A few accepted students I have talked to are waiting until the last minute to withdraw waitlists and CTE to MCG. Since many schools have an earlier CTE date, they’re hoping some WL movement will happen between then and MCG’s CTE date. Hope that helps!

Thanks so much! You’re right, I realize now that the first point above must be in reference to those accepted off the waitlist after June 1st. So theoretically everyone who wants to hold their spot at MCG is required to drop all other schools and commit by 7/6?

Thanks so much! You’re right, I realize now that the first point above must be in reference to those accepted off the waitlist after June 1st. So theoretically everyone who wants to hold their spot at MCG is required to drop all other schools and commit by 7/6?

No problem! I started panicking about June 1st lol. While PTE on 4/30 sounded more like a recommendation, MCG explicitly stated an acceptance may be rescinded if an accepted student hasn’t CTE’d and withdrawn from all other waitlists on or by 7/6. Not sure when your other school starts, but given everything going on it could be worth it to wait things out to find housing, etc!

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard of any movement on here recently?

WL movement you mean? As recently as last week there have been acceptances off the WL, As far as i can see here and from who is being added to the FB groups / groupmes

Reactions: 1 users
So what waitlist movement should we expect from here on out?
Historically there have been a handful of folks accepted off the wait list as late as mid-July. There are maybe <5 of these cases left this cycle, in my estimation. It’s mid-June.

Hi guys - I see many of you are current MCG Med students. If you are comfortable, I'm trying to find accurate numbers/range of med school debt from MCG post-grad. I'm an in-state resident too. Thanks for considering!!

CTE deadline is today, right? Feels like waitlist movement has been non-existent lol. I'm going to give it about a week after today and then withdraw from the waitlist.

CTE deadline is today, right? Feels like waitlist movement has been non-existent lol. I'm going to give it about a week after today and then withdraw from the waitlist.
Is there a reason you want to withdraw? I know several people who were accepted days before orientation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a reason you want to withdraw? I know several people who were accepted days before orientation.
Probably has acceptances at other schools/ needs to arrange travel and living situation. I don’t blame them but i also don’t recommend withdrawing if MCG is where you wanna be

What day do you think would be the absolute latest someone could be pulled from the WL?

Orientation is the 27th, classes start the following week. You’ll normally get an official rejection email, I believe around when classes officially start.

Okay thank you! I found online orientation is 27-28 and classes start July 29th- can someone verify this?

Last edited:
Okay thank you! I found online orientation is 27-28 and classes start July 29th- can someone verify this?

yes! That’s for Augusta, Athens starts on August 3rd.

Thats rough buddy. Hope you are accepted elsewhere!
Yeah I didn't send a letter of intent because I quite frankly wasn't all that impressed with much except the price tag. Certainly not the end of the world. Cheers!

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I didn't send a letter of intent because I quite frankly wasn't all that impressed with much except the price tag. Certainly not the end of the world. Cheers!
Curious if you could expand on that, is there something you remember about the school that was unimpressive? Are you applying again this cycle? I understand if you don’t think it’s appropriate to ask. best of luck.

random but what type of grading system does mcg use?
It’s pass/fail for preclinical, and A/B/C/F for clinical. The fourth “enrichment” year is also pass/fail.