2019-2020 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ummm I don't mean to be nosey but your post history suggests that you matriculated in 2017 lol.
I saw the same thing lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Soooooo are 02/20 interviews next on the block to hear back from the admissions committee or are there still people from 02/06 and 02/13 who haven’t heard back yet?

Soooooo are 02/20 interviews next on the block to hear back from the admissions committee or are there still people from 02/06 and 02/13 who haven’t heard back yet?
I havent heard back any sort of decision for 2/6 yet. And now maybe this is all fake and there arent any calls going out today... smh.

I interviewed 2/13 and have heard nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rejection e-mail today. This one hurt a lot.

Interviewed mid-September. Placed on the tier I WL in October.

The wait is killing me! Any movement yet on the waitlist?

Accepted today, does anybody know how it is to live in Michigan? I am from OOS

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone elaborate on this or the post-II acceptance rate please?

Hey there, so I was told that admissions doesn't really dive into your application until after you've interviewed. It is your basic stats that gets the ball rolling for an interview. The secondary responses, interview performance and application details are reviewed afterwards.

The post-II acceptance rate is something around 50% if I’m remembering correctly. If I’m wrong someone please correct me, but I think they said on my interview day that they receive somewhere in the ballpark of ~6,000 applications, they invited ~10% to interview, and they have 300 seats. I’m not sure if they have any guaranteed feeder programs that could take away from the total seats open to non-MSU applicants (lowering the acceptance % for interviewees) since I didn’t go there, but I can’t imagine it would make a substantial difference!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He speaks the truth. They receive over 6000 apps, interview about 700, for a total of 300 seats.

Reactions: 1 users
What's the consensus on contacting admissions if we have yet to hear anything pre-interview? I have been trying to be patient but getting anxious/excited hearing all of the news everyone has been getting!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone accepted and planning to matriculate to Macomb?

I paid my deposit and everything, and I’m waiting to hear back from another school to see if I have a decision to make, otherwise I’ll be at macomb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have any other accepted students looked through the 2024 Orientation Order Information document? At the bottom, there is a sentence which reads as follows: "No refunds on orders per the university cut-off drop date of June 29, 2020"

Does one interpret this as "no refunds because of the close proximity date of orientation and the university cut-off date of June 29" or does one interpret this as "no refunds after June 29"? I am going to call the office later on my work break, but was interested in receiving some peer feedback.

Thank you in advance!

Have any other accepted students looked through the 2024 Orientation Order Information document? At the bottom, there is a sentence which reads as follows: "No refunds on orders per the university cut-off drop date of June 29, 2020"

Does one interpret this as "no refunds because of the close proximity date of orientation and the university cut-off date of June 29" or does one interpret this as "no refunds after June 29"? I am going to call the office later on my work break, but was interested in receiving some peer feedback.

Thank you in advance!
Because you need the orientation materials before that date I am assuming it means "No refunds."

Does anyone know if there has been any movement on the Detroit campus waitlist? Or when we would be notified?

Was told at todays interview that 3/19 is the final interview date....if that helps anyone

Does anyone happen to know where I may find last year's match list? Thanks

Has anybody who interviewed 2/20 heard about when decisions will be made?

Reactions: 3 users
I’m worried the cancellation of the two dates will affect our chances greatly.
It seemed like they interviewed both groups in February before sending out acceptances to people in the first interview date but I’m not positive

I dunno if it will really change things. I feel like the adcoms would just hold off on any decision making until this all blows over. They're probably all at home now with their families since the school has shut down.

I could see it turning into a time crunch though if they have a deadline by when they have to come up with their decisions. Not 100% certain though.

I have not heard anything yet. Worried that they're postponing decisions based on classes being cancelled.

I called the admissions office today and someone answered which is good news. She assured me that the decision making process is still ongoing and that it has not been halted due to the virus issue. More waiting it is :)

Reactions: 7 users
Does everybody who interviews get a handwritten postcard?

Any thoughts on how Corona might affect the incoming class?

• Sad
I was invited for interview, but due to COVID it has gotten 'post- poned' i wonder if they will resort to doing skype interviews