You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Michigan State
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Heisenberg97
Full Member
Nope, still waitingDid any of the “conditional accept“ folks get their official acceptance after the background check?
alwaysnice
Full Member
+1 lolPre-II R, idk why I applied since I’m not gonna pay $90k for tuition
Edit: put an emphasis on making your list of schools!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still waiting as well, background check was complete 1/17Did any of the “conditional accept“ folks get their official acceptance after the background check?
Edit: full acceptance today (1/29)
Last edited:
+3Still waiting as well, background check was complete 1/17
doctor_coffee
Full Member
I don’t know if someone has already given this information on here (if so, sorry for asking again!), but does anybody know how big the waitlist usually is per year? I know the movement varies but I was wondering if the number of applicants is usually around the same range.
Hi applicants! Congrats to our accepted and good luck to those waiting to hear! I remember the application cycle being hard at times (esp for people on SDN) I’m an M2 here and very non-trad, so I just wanted to pay it forward from all those who answered my neurotic questions a couple years ago and reach out to anyone (esp non-trad!) who has questions/concerns!
I almost never log onto SDN unless a google search directs me here. But I promise to come back in a couple days and respond to any DM/replies!
I read the big write up someone posted and can both empathize and disagree with their sentiments. The majority of my class seems very happy with their choice to come here. It’s the most diverse group of people I have ever been a part of and I’ve found my niche in research, mentors, community involvement, and at the school.
no matter what you choose or what happens, remember that quote from Swindoll “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond.” Attitude is everything!
I almost never log onto SDN unless a google search directs me here. But I promise to come back in a couple days and respond to any DM/replies!
I read the big write up someone posted and can both empathize and disagree with their sentiments. The majority of my class seems very happy with their choice to come here. It’s the most diverse group of people I have ever been a part of and I’ve found my niche in research, mentors, community involvement, and at the school.
no matter what you choose or what happens, remember that quote from Swindoll “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond.” Attitude is everything!
Congrats!! What time did you hear back?Was on hold and got an II today!!!! This is my absolute top choice and I am so freaking excited.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was about 4:30/5:00 last night. 🙂 I got an e-mail and then had to confirm the interview in the portal before my status changed to not be "hold" anymore.Congrats!! What time did you hear back?
Awesome thank you 🙂It was about 4:30/5:00 last night. 🙂 I got an e-mail and then had to confirm the interview in the portal before my status changed to not be "hold" anymore.
TurtleBobGoat
Full Member
Rejected. OOS, Reapplicant. Pre-II
djfkliewankldf
New Member
I had been on hold since probably September/October and received a phone call last Thursday for an interview spot on Monday! Don't lose hope!Has anyone been notified of either an R or II that was previously on hold? I am still in this limbo phase and surprised that I haven't received an R yet? Is this a good sign?
I had been on hold since probably September/October and received a phone call last Thursday for an interview spot on Monday! Don't lose hope!
I got an interview invite as well. [emoji3526]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone happen to have a PDF of their match list?
I don’t have a PDF but I can PM you a pic of the 2019 match list that I got from the interview day materials if you’d like that
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t have a PDF but I can PM you a pic of the 2019 match list that I got from the interview day materials if you’d like that
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.
me too please!!I don’t have a PDF but I can PM you a pic of the 2019 match list that I got from the interview day materials if you’d like that
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JujuOnDatBeat
New Member
I don’t have a PDF but I can PM you a pic of the 2019 match list that I got from the interview day materials if you’d like that
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mind sending it to me too??
When should we expect some waitlist movement and when is the best time to send in updates?
Has anyone who submitted their background check early on not got cleared yet?
Heisenberg97
Full Member
+1Has anyone who submitted their background check early on not got cleared yet?
Has anyone who submitted their background check early on not got cleared yet?
Same here
So my interview is on the 21st..is this an interview spot for the waitlist? Or do I get the chance to get straight up A or R’d?
When I interviewed they said that they always keep acceptance spots open so that they can admit people from each interview cohort
So good luck!
Thank you 🙂When I interviewed they said that they always keep acceptance spots open so that they can admit people from each interview cohort
So good luck!
mine got cleared the next day after consenting. I have a very uninterested life though LOLHas anyone who submitted their background check early on not got cleared yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
9
994904
Decision day tomorrow which means calls today/tonight?? Anyone else anxiously waiting? 🙂
islandgirl94
Full Member
I am totally freaking out 😛 You just never know if the committee got to you 😀 It seems like from previous days per SDN, a lot of people start getting the call this evening! Good luck 🙂Decision day tomorrow which means calls today/tonight?? Anyone else anxiously waiting? 🙂
Appendectomy
Full Member
Does anyone know if you interview at Grand Rapids then that is the campus you will be at? Or is it just where they are holding interviews?
Also, does anyone know what the Uber/Lyft situation is out there?
Also, does anyone know what the Uber/Lyft situation is out there?
islandgirl94
Full Member
No, from what I was told. If accepted, you can put your preference, but it does not guarantee you at that spot. Grand Rapids is usually requested, so many students get put on a waitlist. But for Uber or Lyft, I am not sure. I was from OOS so I rented a car.Does anyone know if you interview at Grand Rapids then that is the campus you will be at? Or is it just where they are holding interviews?
Also, does anyone know what the Uber/Lyft situation is out there?
Does anyone know if you interview at Grand Rapids then that is the campus you will be at? Or is it just where they are holding interviews?
Also, does anyone know what the Uber/Lyft situation is out there?
Place of interview has no bearing on where you will be “assigned”.
As for Uber/Lyft it’s cheap but request as soon as you need one because it took way longer to arrive than I’m used to (I live in NYC)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited:
Decisions are a day after the committee meets so either tomorrow evening/Thursday
Original post was correct. If you look back at previous decision days in the forum, calls have been going out the night before the decision day and on the decision day listed on the website
Appendectomy
Full Member
Another Question, does anyone know if Feb 10th is the last interview date?
Do they even accept updates? On the website,, It says they dont accept updates. Not sure thoughWhen should we expect some waitlist movement and when is the best time to send in updates?
Does anyone know if you interview at Grand Rapids then that is the campus you will be at? Or is it just where they are holding interviews?
Also, does anyone know what the Uber/Lyft situation is out there?
I interviewed in GR and had no problems at all getting an Uber or Lyft. Lyft takes a couple minutes longer but I found it to often be cheaper, especially to and from the airport. As far as location, you can be placed in either campus, it’s not correlated to where you interview (although I think if you’re accepted they give you the option to submit preferences). Wishing you a very successful interview!
9
994904
OmgDecision day tomorrow which means calls today/tonight?? Anyone else anxiously waiting? 🙂


Received call at 5:05 PM PST!!! OOS, interviewed 1/13... it’s been a 11 year pre med journey, crying, grateful.... my first MD acceptanceislandgirl94
Full Member
OMG Congratulations! That is such great news! Happy for you!OmgReceived call at 5:05 PM PST!!! OOS, interviewed 1/13... it’s been a 11 year pre med journey, crying, grateful.... my first MD acceptance
Alphromeo2016
New Member
Just got off the phone and I got accepted. I interviewed on 1/24. I’m super happy and I wish all of you waiting to hear back the best of luck.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone gotten accepted on notification day or has it just been alternate lists?
Any current students able to discuss their choice in campus location? Any significant difference in opportunity at either?
I am drawn to GR for the more urban vibe (and better food), but it's an hour further from family and my fiance (I'm fairly nontrad). It seems like EL would be the better choice logistically, but I want to be sure I'm choosing wisely!
@DemNeurons - just in case you're not exhausted from your awesome and insightful post!
I am drawn to GR for the more urban vibe (and better food), but it's an hour further from family and my fiance (I'm fairly nontrad). It seems like EL would be the better choice logistically, but I want to be sure I'm choosing wisely!
@DemNeurons - just in case you're not exhausted from your awesome and insightful post!
Just got the post-II R. Good luck to everyone left!