May 30, 2018
But today’s a holiday so it might be tomorrow
I think it's delayed til tomorrow or next week because the Twitter account tweeted a half hour ago with something other than invite numbers.

About the Ads
Oct 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Thanks! Here's what I found on their website too:

With our rolling admissions policy, applicants are notified of their status by no later than the 20th of the month following the month in which their interview took place beginning in October. Admitted students’ seats in the class are held until the AAMC's national decision date of April 30th. No deposit is ever required at Michigan!

Aug 19, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Bueller?...Bueller?

About the Ads
Aug 19, 2019
Status
I don't know how to see the time stamp from last year's posts... otherwise I would be checking!
If you’re not on mobile, you can hover your curser over the date and it’ll tell you the time!!!

About the Ads

bearboi

2+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Congrats to all of those who are accepted! Hoping to convert my upcoming interview into an A. Any words of advice?

Oct 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Congrats to all of those who are accepted! Hoping to convert my upcoming interview into an A. Any words of advice?
Congratulations! Interview day is amazing. Have fun, be curious, try to talk to as many people as you can. I found a lot of great resources on their website and reviewed those before interviewing, so I knew what they were looking for and how the school's programs could best tie into my professional goals.

About the Ads
Aug 19, 2019
Status
There’s only three more UMichMedMondays?
They were saying there’s only three interviews dates left: 1/17, 1/24 and 2/7

Edit: so also probably getting down to the last few Michigan Mondays

Reactions: throwaway2020MD

aracuna

2+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello friends! Anyone have any tips on the MMI interviews? Michigan is my first and only MMI school I have been invited to and have the interview in a couple of days!
Also any suggestions or advice in general is greatly appreciated!

Oct 31, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello friends! Anyone have any tips on the MMI interviews? Michigan is my first and only MMI school I have been invited to and have the interview in a couple of days!
Also any suggestions or advice in general is greatly appreciated!
Something an M3 told me was the think about a doctor that you've really admired, and to try to emulate the bedside manners that doctor displayed! Also, I think MMIs go better when you try to enjoy and have fun during them. Hope this helps and good luck!

Jul 3, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Do you guys know how U of M ranks against other schools? I was accepted and was just curious about how competitive the program is

Reactions: Caterpillar34
Jul 3, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Do you guys know how U of M ranks against other schools? I was accepted and was just curious about how competitive the program is
Yes I am replying to my own post but I was wondering for MSTP and not MD

Reactions: NatGeoLover
Sep 27, 2018
From @UMichMedAdmiss:

"Admissions update: we have started the process of closing MD application files, but are still actively reviewing through the end of the year. If you have any updates, the best way to tell us is to upload a PDF into your application portal anytime. #DirectorCarol"

sad but expected nonetheless

Aug 11, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi everyone! I was wondering if you guys could help me strategize based on what admissions posted here: . UMich is one of my top schools, and I was recently deferred in their last batch. They mentioned that we should send update letters, but I already sent an update letter before my deferral.

Should I sent a letter of interest or intent before the interview cycle ends? I know I won’t have any important updates till the end of the cycle, but I still want them to know that I'm really interested since others will also be sending updates. Also, does anyone know if they accept LOIs? I would love some advice. Thank you for your help :)

Oct 10, 2018
Hi everyone! I was wondering if you guys could help me strategize based on what admissions posted here: . UMich is one of my top schools, and I was recently deferred in their last batch. They mentioned that we should send update letters, but I already sent an update letter before my deferral.

Should I sent a letter of interest or intent before the interview cycle ends? I know I won’t have any important updates till the end of the cycle, but I still want them to know that I'm really interested since others will also be sending updates. Also, does anyone know if they accept LOIs? I would love some advice. Thank you for your help :)
This tweet relates more to those who have not interviewed. Notice she says that they will be reviewing through the end of the year, which wouldn’t make sense for people who have already received an II since they interview into February. So if you already interviewed and are now deferred, your cycle isn’t over til April or May.

Reactions: himalayansaltlamp
Jul 3, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
No one has told me the schools ranking yet :((

About the Ads