2019-2020 Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don’t feel the joy of umichmedmonday anymore. It’s officially become just another Monday.
I have felt this way for a while.

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Our Admissions team is busy at the #AAMC19 meeting in Phoenix this week, so we will not be offering interview invitations on this #UMichMedMonday.

Brutal

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It looks like they released on 11/14 and 11/15 last year...

I wouldn't mind hearing before the weekend!
Would be nice, for sure! At the 10/4 interview day, they said specifically that the notifications would happen on 11/20 though.

Reactions: 1 users
Alright Michigan, I still haven’t gotten an II, and we’re soon entering the week before Thanksgiving.

I’m ready for what you have to say.

Alright Michigan, I still haven’t gotten an II, and we’re soon entering the week before Thanksgiving.

I’m ready for what you have to say.

Are they giving out all II or pre-II rejections before Thanksgiving??

Reactions: 1 user
Are they giving out all II or pre-II rejections before Thanksgiving??

Not all IIs will have been sent out, but if I recall, pre-II rejections happened around that time last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all those above! Has anyone else not received an email from those who interviewed in October?

Think the rest of us are WL/R then? :(
Even more interesting, deferred decision here! (Fun explaining the difference from WL to folks ...)

But - congratulations to all with acceptances this round, future doctors!

Reactions: 2 users
I totally thought that the video was just a marketing email! I thought I didn't get accepted because I didn't get any other email and almost didn't watch to the end LOL

• Haha
Congrats to all of those who are accepted! Hoping to convert my upcoming interview into an A. Any words of advice?

There’s only three more UMichMedMondays?

They were saying there’s only three interviews dates left: 1/17, 1/24 and 2/7

Edit: so also probably getting down to the last few Michigan Mondays

They were saying there’s only three interviews dates left: 1/17, 1/24 and 2/7

Edit: so also probably getting down to the last few Michigan Mondays

Gotcha. Then yeah, can definitely see Michigan Monday from here on out being IS focused.

Could any third or fourth years comment on how they or others spend MS3?

Hello friends! Anyone have any tips on the MMI interviews? Michigan is my first and only MMI school I have been invited to and have the interview in a couple of days!
Also any suggestions or advice in general is greatly appreciated!

Hello friends! Anyone have any tips on the MMI interviews? Michigan is my first and only MMI school I have been invited to and have the interview in a couple of days!
Also any suggestions or advice in general is greatly appreciated!

Something an M3 told me was the think about a doctor that you've really admired, and to try to emulate the bedside manners that doctor displayed! Also, I think MMIs go better when you try to enjoy and have fun during them. Hope this helps and good luck!

Do you guys know how U of M ranks against other schools? I was accepted and was just curious about how competitive the program is

Do you guys know how U of M ranks against other schools? I was accepted and was just curious about how competitive the program is
Yes I am replying to my own post but I was wondering for MSTP and not MD

From @UMichMedAdmiss:

"Admissions update: we have started the process of closing MD application files, but are still actively reviewing through the end of the year. If you have any updates, the best way to tell us is to upload a PDF into your application portal anytime. #DirectorCarol"

sad but expected nonetheless

Reactions: 8 users
Hi everyone! I was wondering if you guys could help me strategize based on what admissions posted here: . UMich is one of my top schools, and I was recently deferred in their last batch. They mentioned that we should send update letters, but I already sent an update letter before my deferral.

Should I sent a letter of interest or intent before the interview cycle ends? I know I won’t have any important updates till the end of the cycle, but I still want them to know that I'm really interested since others will also be sending updates. Also, does anyone know if they accept LOIs? I would love some advice. Thank you for your help :)

Hi everyone! I was wondering if you guys could help me strategize based on what admissions posted here: . UMich is one of my top schools, and I was recently deferred in their last batch. They mentioned that we should send update letters, but I already sent an update letter before my deferral.

Should I sent a letter of interest or intent before the interview cycle ends? I know I won’t have any important updates till the end of the cycle, but I still want them to know that I'm really interested since others will also be sending updates. Also, does anyone know if they accept LOIs? I would love some advice. Thank you for your help :)

This tweet relates more to those who have not interviewed. Notice she says that they will be reviewing through the end of the year, which wouldn’t make sense for people who have already received an II since they interview into February. So if you already interviewed and are now deferred, your cycle isn’t over til April or May.

Also for MD/Phd it isn't a "google-able" thing so

Asking on this (predominantly MD-only) thread probably isn’t going to yield anything useful. I would consult the MD/PhD forums, but even then there might not be a good answer to your question.

Asking on this (predominantly MD-only) thread probably isn’t going to yield anything useful. I would consult the MD/PhD forums, but even then there might not be a good answer to your question.
fair enough :)

This tweet relates more to those who have not interviewed. Notice she says that they will be reviewing through the end of the year, which wouldn’t make sense for people who have already received an II since they interview into February. So if you already interviewed and are now deferred, your cycle isn’t over til April or May.
Thank you for your response!

fair enough :)

What I do when evaluating MD/PhD programs is look at where ppl are matching for residency. I personally think though that as long as you are at top 20 it shouldn’t make a huge difference. I would prioritize where you fit in best, where you think you’ll be the happiest, and make sure there are at least a few labs doing research that really interest you. (Just how I am going about the MSTP process )

In the same boat, and had not yet sent an update letter, so am sending a LOI with updates .... The school seemed a great fit for me and I hope vice versa!

Does anyone know of MD rejections actually being sent already?

I know MemeLord is looking down (or above) at us rn. He is disappointed by the state of umich Monday ever since he was banished. I’m pouring one out for you rn bud.

Do we think with the 3 dates left they will only send out 6 interviews per Michigan Monday so only 18 more interviews? Based on the numbers, it would seem like there are almost 100 interview spots left but that seems wrong?

Reactions: 2 users
Do we think with the 3 dates left they will only send out 6 interviews per Michigan Monday so only 18 more interviews? Based on the numbers, it would seem like there are almost 100 interview spots left but that seems wrong?
There are multiple Michigan Mondays left though, so even if they do 6 per Monday they'll probably have 50-60 more II's in December and January.

Reactions: 3 users
Would it be weird to send an update that says that I have submitted two papers? ... They have not yet been accepted yet by the paper, but are in submission....