-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 NYU, Long Island
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
RIP to mah tuition free med school dreams, gg
WL- IM. Interviewed in early September.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seems like the odds of getting off the waitlist are very low. I didn’t see anyone get off in last year’s thread
WL-ob/gyn
FWIW, 3 of the current students I spoke to at my interview got in off the waitlist. I think there’s probably about as much waitlist movement as there is anywhere else, there’s just very few spots to begin with. Alas.
FWIW, 3 of the current students I spoke to at my interview got in off the waitlist. I think there’s probably about as much waitlist movement as there is anywhere else, there’s just very few spots to begin with. Alas.
WL- peds.
This is like being at the end of a line in a firing squad just seeing everyone get hit with WLs knowing you're next
Beverly921
New Member
If a lot of people are getting waitlisted then people who are waiting are either getting accepted or rejections
This is like being at the end of a line in a firing squad just seeing everyone get hit with WLs knowing you're next
Beverly921
New Member
When did you interview?WL- peds.
Penguin3324
New Member
WL surgery
SeptemberWhen did you interview?
lavendershampoo
Full Member
How big do we think this waitlist is? An entire extra class?
It looks like AT LEAST an extra classHow big do we think this waitlist is? An entire extra class?
Beverly921
New Member
It looks like they may be going in some kind of list of maybe alphabetical orderWaitlisted for Peds today. Interviewed late September.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Beverly921
New Member
Did anyone call to ask if the class is full ?
WL for peds - interviewed 10/15
WL IM
anxiously_waiting
New Member
Has anyone heard anything back after being waitlisted?
WL - IM.
Turned down my offer, good luck all 🙂
Edit: surgery
Edit: surgery
Last edited:
What specialty had you chosen?Turned down my offer, good luck all 🙂
FutureSawbones
Full Member
seriously love you rnTurned down my offer, good luck all 🙂
Edit: surgery
anxiously_waiting
New Member
Has anyone heard anything recently from admissions?
nope.Has anyone heard anything recently from admissions?
do we think any movement on waitlist will be not until may 1?
FutureSawbones
Full Member
That is probably true. There is certain protocols in place in terms of admissions trafficking. Before April 30th, admissions offices can see aggregate data on how many of their accepted applicants selected "Plan to Enroll" at their school versus another school, but they cannot see which applicants specifically chose what. This might be especially tricky for NYU LI because they need to know specifically which applicants chose what because of the distribution of IM, OB, Surgery, and Peds. After April 30th they can see specific data on whether their accepted and wait listed applicants have chosen "Plan to Enroll" at their school versus another (but they do not see what school it is).
I dont believe you can choose anything for a school you are waitlisted at since it wont show up in your preferences.That is probably true. There is certain protocols in place in terms of admissions trafficking. Before April 30th, admissions offices can see aggregate data on how many of their accepted applicants selected "Plan to Enroll" at their school versus another school, but they cannot see which applicants specifically chose what. This might be especially tricky for NYU LI because they need to know specifically which applicants chose what because of the distribution of IM, OB, Surgery, and Peds. After April 30th they can see specific data on whether their accepted and wait listed applicants have chosen "Plan to Enroll" at their school versus another (but they do not see what school it is).
I believe they are talking about accepted students choosing "plan to enroll", not waitlisted students. Unless accepted students explicitly withdraw, NYULI can't pull from the waitlist until they know which specialties the students who plan to enroll elsewhere got accepted for.I dont believe you can choose anything for a school you are waitlisted at since it wont show up in your preferences.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FutureSawbones
Full Member
What I meant is after April 30th, they can see which accepted student chose "Plan to Enroll" at NYU versus another school and they can see if students NYU have waitlisted have chosen "Plan to Enroll" at another school if they have acceptances from another school. Does that make sense?
Accepted!
Side note. Any accepted applicants know what day school starts and if it will be online or in-person given the current climate? I was so excited during my call I forgot to ask.
Off waitlist?Accepted!
Which specialty?Accepted!
Yes off of the wait list - IMOff waitlist?
Yes off of the wait list - IMWhich specialty?
FutureSawbones
Full Member
Did they call you?Yes off of the wait list - IM
Did they call you?
Yes, I actually missed the call because I thought it was a telemarketer. They texted me the next day saying they were trying to contact me... The area code was from NY, but not Mineola, Long Island.
beyondconfusedneedhelplps
Full Member
Oh my lord just got into peds of the waitlist!!!
GoldenSnowfall
New Member
Got the call earlier this morning for IM! I really loved this school, still in shock to say the least...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone get off the waitlist recently?
Got the acceptance call on Wednesday last week for Surgery - ended up withdrawing my application so I hope it goes to one of you!Anyone get off the waitlist recently?
When did you withdraw?I ended up withdrawing as well from my IM spot
I also withdrew from my IM WL spot!
Last edited: