2019-2020 NYU, Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Which specialty? In the same boat
IM. Didn’t feel too strong coming out of the interview though.

Members don't see this ad.

How many people do you think are getting waitlisted? I can't imagine if it would be more than the class size? 1 class and a back up class?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just read that USMLE Step 1 will be pass/fail for first-year medical students who start this fall and take it in 2022. Is this good news or bad news for relatively new schools, like NYU Long Island?

I just read that USMLE Step 1 will be pass/fail for first-year medical students who start this fall and take it in 2022. Is this good news or bad news for relatively new schools, like NYU Long Island?
It won't matter for the school as there is a guarantees residency.

Reactions: 1 users
They’re really just out here leaving some of us September interviewees hanging :rolleyes:

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed about a month ago and haven't heard from them...

Reactions: 1 user
WL Surgery interviewed 11/4. Declined the spot. Good luck!

Congratulations to everyone that's been accepted! Did they call you to inform?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if the school is true p/f? MSAR expired for me.

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back? I interviewed for IM on 10/24

+1 - interviewed for IM in September
Honestly at this point I feel like they've accepted a good amount of candidates, feels like us early interviews are gonna turn into WLs or R's in the next few weeks. Not tryna be negative just my $0.02

Honestly at this point I feel like they've accepted a good amount of candidates, feels like us early interviews are gonna turn into WLs or R's in the next few weeks. Not tryna be negative just my $0.02
By my count on SDN there have only been 5 actual acceptances, and while I’m sure there are accepted applicants not on SDN, I doubt there have been that many more. With a class of 24 I’m expecting maybe a total of 40ish accepted applicants?

Reactions: 3 users
WL. IM. Interviewed on 1/13/2020. Super surprised given how low yield they are