2019-2020 NYU, Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I keep hearing Feb/March but I think the best way to look at it is expect that R anytime now and hope you don't get it; they've been steadily rejecting people for months so no news is good news even if you don't hear until June. 0.25% chance of admission from application and 5% chance from interview. Not trying to be a downer- if you expect the worst it won't sting as much and if you get in you'll be even happier you did.
Btw what specialty did you choose?
That is the best mindset to have tbh. I’ve looked at it as a rejection in my head so far just so I don’t get my hopes up. I applied for pediatrics! What about you?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Lmao was it just me or did the dean of this school look like Michael from the Good Place? AKA main character from cheers

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That is the best mindset to have tbh. I’ve looked at it as a rejection in my head so far just so I don’t get my hopes up. I applied for pediatrics! What about you?
Surgery. And a friend of mine who interviewed early October and also surgery was just rejected Saturday. Them R's keep rollin' on in

• Wow
Failed to write a comment earlier, WL for surgery on 1/2, interviewed 10/15

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed really early on and haven't gotten an A, WL, or R... wonder what that means

Reactions: 3 users
They only have 24 seats to offer so they want to choose wisely. On my interview they said that they were not going to be interviewing ppl without having spots to offer them (aka not interviewing merely for WL).
That being said, Does anybody know when is their last interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
They only have 24 seats to offer so they want to choose wisely. On my interview they said that they were not going to be interviewing ppl without having spots to offer them (aka not interviewing merely for WL).
That being said, Does anybody know when is their last interview?
Last last Monday

What didnt you like? Same I didn’t feel all that wowed by it either.
The school felt restricting to me. I understand the lure of free tuition but I don’t want that at the expense of being pigeonholed. Also for a “primary care” school the students I spoke to didn’t want to do primary care and were planning on specializing. Lastly, they went out of their way to say our diploma would only say NYU on it and not NYU-Long Island, which rubbed me the wrong way for some reason lol

Reactions: 5 users
Sent them an update letter on the portal and then an email just to notify them. In the response they included that final decisions should be out by early February.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys! I just went on my admission portal and my admission decision tab was open with a decision (waitlisted) but I never received an email. I've not checked the portal in months, so maybe some of you are in the same boat. CHECK YOUR PORTAL.

I think I just saved everyone from a lot of anticipation. There must have been some kind of communication error.

I interviewed 11/18

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Hey guys! I just went on my admission portal and my admission decision tab was open with a decision (waitlisted) but I never received an email. I've not checked the portal in months, so maybe some of you are in the same boat. CHECK YOUR PORTAL.

I think I just saved everyone from a lot of anticipation. There must have been some kind of communication error.

I interviewed 11/18

I interviewed Oct and don't see an admission decisions tab

What speciality did you apply for? Also, where did you see your status? I don't have an admission decision tab, but I interviewed a month before you so I'm trying to figure out why.

Hi so I sent in an update in Mid December. I applied for IM. Under communications there is currently no indication that they sent me an email notifying me of this decision. But in my portal there is an admissions decision tab.

Good Evening Everyone!

My name is Spenser, I am a first year medical student here at NYU Long Island School of Medicine. I know many of you are eagerly waiting on your final decisions, so just hang in there! Acceptances have begun to be sent out, and will continue to be over the next few months. If you have been sent an acceptance letter, we have created an admitted students page on Facebook that you can join. Note Only people who have been sent an acceptance offer will be allowed access to the group, we filter out each person who requests to join. In this, you have an opportunity to talk with current first year medical students. This group is designed to help you answer any unanswered questions you have before making your final decision to commit.

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Good Evening Everyone!

My name is Spenser, I am a first year medical student here at NYU Long Island School of Medicine. I know many of you are eagerly waiting on your final decisions, so just hang in there! Acceptances have begun to be sent out, and will continue to be over the next few months. If you have been sent an acceptance letter, we have created an admitted students page on Facebook that you can join. Note Only people who have been sent an acceptance offer will be allowed access to the group, we filter out each person who requests to join. In this, you have an opportunity to talk with current first year medical students. This group is designed to help you answer any unanswered questions you have before making your final decision to commit.

Good luck to everyone!

Is the interview season over? Or are they still interviewing more candidates?

WL Surgery Interviewed Sept 24? I think

• Sad
When did you interview?

Early September.

just looked in the 2018-2019 thread and it looked like a ton of people were waitlisted and never heard back.. not sure if anyone got off waitlist last year (at least in my research from the SDN thread)..

Last edited:
At least 4 people got off the WL in my search through last year's feed
Early September.

just looked in the 2018-2019 thread and it looked like a ton of people were waitlisted and never heard back.. not sure if anyone got off waitlist last year (at least in my research from the SDN thread)..

Does anyone have an idea on how many people are placed on the waitlist?

So guys are we thinking the wave of A's went out this week? An earlier poster said they'd be going out early Feb

So guys are we thinking the wave of A's went out this week? An earlier poster said they'd be going out early Feb
I feel like before feb 15th is fair game to say it’s early feb. They had told me “we hope to have final decisions out by early feb”. So it’s possible they can take even more time since it wasn’t definite.

Interviewed late September and haven't heard a peep...

Reactions: 4 users