You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 NYU
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted994247
II received! Just submitted on Saturday. 3 days ago. CASPer not scored yet. OOS.
Such good news about CASPer, I've been worried about that. Thanks for posting.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who received your IIs, when was your app completed? (Secondary + LORs)
The schools go through rating of the applicants which are received.
I would think they are starting at the top of the ratings and date of submission does not matter.
NYCVillain
Full Member
For people in NYC. Trying to schedule flights. If we are *supposed* to get done by 5, would a flight at 8:30 that night be cutting it too close?
Really don't want to miss class the next day lol
Nah not at all. If you flying out of LGA you’ll probably be there by 6:15.... if JFK, 6:45
D
deleted783578
II just now! Complete on 7/10 iirc, CASPer still not scored
D
deleted994247
For people in NYC. Trying to schedule flights. If we are *supposed* to get done by 5, would a flight at 8:30 that night be cutting it too close?
Really don't want to miss class the next day lol
Depends on your airport, method of getting to the airport, etc...I'd talk to someone you know who travels in and out of NYC a lot for work. Don't trust people online, this is kinda important, you don't want to mess up your flight
For people in NYC. Trying to schedule flights. If we are *supposed* to get done by 5, would a flight at 8:30 that night be cutting it too close?
Really don't want to miss class the next day lol
Piggybacking off the previous responder's comment — if you have TSA precheck and check-in for your flight in advance, going through security should take about 30 minutes (at least at JFK and EWR). Personally, I fly EWR a ton and I only arrive like an hour before my flight.
I never trust NYC subways for timing though and would honestly plan for waiting up to 20 minutes for each connection, but rush hour should be more predictable.
Yeah definitely planning to get pre-check for all these flights. Going through La Guardia.Piggybacking off the previous responder's comment — if you have TSA precheck and check-in for your flight in advance, going through security should take about 30 minutes (at least at JFK and EWR). Personally, I fly EWR a ton and I only arrive like an hour before my flight.
I never trust NYC subways for timing though and would honestly plan for waiting up to 20 minutes for each connection, but rush hour should be more predictable.
wehhe14112
New Member
I go to school in NYC. If you're going to JFK or EWR, take the train from penn station which is scheduled and not likely to be delayed. If you're going to LGA, you're relying on subway/bus which is less reliable. FYI, if you get screwed by the MTA (as I have) it can take up to 2 hours to get to LGA from midtown.Yeah definitely planning to get pre-check for all these flights. Going through La Guardia.
Got an II!!!!
Damn its been quite a week for you so far!!!! Congratulations
Thanks for the heads up. I will double check my leaving options for sure.I go to school in NYC. If you're going to JFK or EWR, take the train from penn station which is scheduled and not likely to be delayed. If you're going to LGA, you're relying on subway/bus which is less reliable. FYI, if you get screwed by the MTA (as I have) it can take up to 2 hours to get to LGA from midtown.
I am very thankful lol. On the other hand I will be missing quite a few classes RIPDamn its been quite a week for you so far!!!! Congratulations

9
907914
This is where being on a quarter system where school doesn’t even start until September 24th is primo lol Now if only the waves of interviews could flood my rice fields of potential...That was a stupid (simile? Don’t remember 10th grade English).missing quite a few classes RIP![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How about that ratio now hahaha (jk ofc, you have been rocking it as well!). Yeah, might have to juggle some classes to the spring semesterThis is where being on a quarter system where school doesn’t even start until September 24th is primo lol Now if only the waves of interviews could flood my rice fields of potential...That was a stupid (simile? Don’t remember 10th grade English).
9
907914
Your ratio is finally 0.2% higher than mine, and it only took you applying to 44 schools to get there 😉 lol Nah, fam we are both solid this early in the process. Good luck juggling your classes. When does senior year start for you?How about that ratio now hahaha (jk ofc, you have been rocking it as well!). Yeah, might have to juggle some classes to the spring semester
Gonna take that 0.2% and run hahaha. Starts Aug. 21, but no Friday classes for me 😎Your ratio is finally 0.2% higher than mine, and it only took you applying to 44 schools to get there 😉 lol Nah, fam we are both solid this early in the process. Good luck juggling your classes. When does senior year start for you?
9
907914
Gottamn, that is early! At least you will have a final summer before matriculation I guess. I graduate June 16th and there are some schools that start school July 1st...How we gonna find housing for a family of 3 and job opportunities for my wife in 2 weeks, Case? What are you doing?Gonna take that 0.2% and run hahaha. Starts Aug. 21, but no Friday classes for me 😎
Sorry, venting and I am on the wrong thread. Not gonna spam. Congrats all on your II!
Congrats everyone with an interview! I also received one and was wondering on your thoughts about choosing interview dates. Do you think doing the first week is beneficial since it’s rolling? Thanks for any feedback
Last edited:
The earlier the better! If you are prepared ofcCongrats everyone with an interview! I also received one and was wondering on your thoughts about choosing interviews dates. Do you think doing the first week is beneficial since it’s rolling? Thanks for any feedback
I chose the last week in September (week of 23rd) hoping to have another interview beforehand.
I think it was 9/9, but I could be wrong.
When were the earliest interview dates, just out of curiosity? Just got home and wishing I had just scheduled my interview on my phone now haha
I think it was 9/9, but I could be wrong.
MSAR says NYU takes 2-8 letters, but their website specifically only mentions 2 letters. Any idea how many ideally we should/can send?
Take it with a grain of salt cause I can only speak from personal experience, but I submitted 4 and it worked out fine for me, so I'm sure the general rule applies: send as many as you deem necessary, but don't send letters for the sake of sending a letter. "Quality over quantity" kind of a thing
Last edited:
NileMasr21
Full Member
II!!! MSTP applicant, complete 7/9
D
deleted927529
CASPer scores changed back to received so of course I'm sitting here thinking that they've looked at my application and chucked it in the garbage
I feel like the most my application will ever do at NYU is get recycled and become paper for a more impressive candidate next year.CASPer scores changed back to received so of course I'm sitting here thinking that they've looked at my application and chucked it in the garbage
D
deleted972488
+1I feel like the most my application will ever do at NYU is get recycled and become paper for a more impressive candidate next year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
9
907914
That’s a 15% higher chance than you had before.Not to be a debbie downer, but I just went thru the 2018-2019 thread and looks like post-II acceptance rate was around 15% last year... Definitely grateful for the II and anything can happen, but man, that's gonna be an absolute crapshoot.
Don't forget not everyone that got an II or acceptance was on SDn and numbers may be skewed. Someone had a list of post II acceptances overall and it was like 28% for NYU, so about normal iircNot to be a debbie downer, but I just went thru the 2018-2019 thread and looks like post-II acceptance rate was around 15% last year... Definitely grateful for the II and anything can happen, but man, that's gonna be an absolute crapshoot.
Don't forget not everyone that got an II or acceptance was on SDn and numbers may be skewed. Someone had a list of post II acceptances overall and it was like 28% for NYU, so about normal iirc
According to US World News, they interviewed 1,131 and accepted 299 (26.4%). Not sure what year this is though.
Well hey, better than 15% lolAccording to US World News, they interviewed 1,131 and accepted 299 (26.4%). Not sure what year this is though.
Well hey, better than 15% lol
Still don't wanna get my hopes up. It's less than 50% so I'll round down to 0% haha.
How do you access this information? This is the most updated that I have seen. Do you have to pay for the US News stuff?
Yeah, you have to pay for the compass or whatever. I figured since it's about the same cost as MSAR, it wouldn't hurt.
According to US World News, they interviewed 1,131 and accepted 299 (26.4%). Not sure what year this is though.
Seems like it was this past cycle, since 1,131 is the amount of interviews posted on MSAR. If so, I'll take that over 15%!
Surprised about that since they have a hard cap of 102 students, so a lot of people must've gotten scholarships elsewhere or used NYU as leverage over their top choice school
my casper is still showing up as not received.
also, i believe this has been answered by the red exclamation mark next to tertiary app is ok right?
also, i believe this has been answered by the red exclamation mark next to tertiary app is ok right?
D
deleted972488
+1my casper is still showing up as not received.
D
deleted972488
Yesthe red exclamation mark next to tertiary app is ok right
D
deleted783578
my casper is still showing up as not received.
Same, but I emailed casper and they said they’ve been in touch with NYU about it. People got IIs with casper still marked as not received so I wouldn’t worry
Hmm just got a “complete” email. Had a heart attack. Been complete on the portal for a while. Anyone else get this email?
polarbearssi99
Full Member
+1Hmm just got a “complete” email. Had a heart attack. Been complete on the portal for a while. Anyone else get this email?
D
deleted972488
CASPer scores shown as received on portal now.
9
907914
+1CASPer scores shown as received on portal now.
Now to do the tertiary....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CASPer scores shown as received on portal now.
still not for me :/
CASPer scores shown as received on portal now.
+2+1
Now to do the tertiary....
9
907914
Don't worry carrot man, they will love you in due time.still not for me :/
9
907914
#blessI can feel the warm embrace of an inflamed elmo from here