Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 NYU
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Also MSTP, also still showing up as missing after initially showing up as present.still not for me :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
9
907914
I would do it, sureFor the question regarding any significant fluctuations in GPA, is a strong upward trend worth discussing? 3.4-->3.65-->3.85-->3.98. Or fluctuations as in deviations from constant/upward trend?
dreamitmakeithappen
Full Member
application complete email on july 23...just 12 hours after they sent out that first round of IIs, but congrats y'all happy for you!!
Yes, you can submit more than two, I wouldn't submit like six though.Does NYU have a maximum number of letters you can send? i.e. can I submit additional letters other than the two required professors (work, research, volunteering, etc)?
Congrats to everyone who received interviews so far!
In regards to a few questions that were asked:
No advice here, as I mentioned before when you apply for the 3-year program, that part of the application goes through the residency director for the speciality that you choose. It is different for people applying to medical school as it is much less common for people to have in-depth experience/research in a specific speciality as someone applying to that speciality as a medical student, but the residency directors are aware of that. Use whatever reasoning/logic/experience you feel is relevant to apply, it can't hurt! Even if you don't get the spot, you may still be interviewed by the residency director and have a frank conversation about how you can improve/tailor your application towards that specific speciality, and remember, there are two more opportunities to apply to the 3-year program during medical school!
We do have a list of all of the current student groups...somewhere. We reached out to our admissions office and will post it once we have the list!
Let us know if there are any other questions that we can answer!
In regards to a few questions that were asked:
Does anyone know how much of a connection we need to have to the specialty we want to pursue for the tertiary application? TBH I probably have the most connections to urology through my work and Ortho from my research, but I want to do IR because of a) working with my hands b) vasculature is my favorite piece of anatomy (learned this as a phleb) and c) it requires a total-body/whole-patient-physiology understanding d) it is an actively developing field with constantly changing technology.
Do y'all think that reasoning (if written in the right way) would suffice for the tertiary? @NYUAmbassadors any advice on what constitutes good'nuff reasoning for the tertiary/3 year program?
No advice here, as I mentioned before when you apply for the 3-year program, that part of the application goes through the residency director for the speciality that you choose. It is different for people applying to medical school as it is much less common for people to have in-depth experience/research in a specific speciality as someone applying to that speciality as a medical student, but the residency directors are aware of that. Use whatever reasoning/logic/experience you feel is relevant to apply, it can't hurt! Even if you don't get the spot, you may still be interviewed by the residency director and have a frank conversation about how you can improve/tailor your application towards that specific speciality, and remember, there are two more opportunities to apply to the 3-year program during medical school!
I tried looking up NYU student groups on the website, but you have to have a special student login to view them. If it's kosher, could you please share a complete list of the current student groups at NYU School of Medicine?
We do have a list of all of the current student groups...somewhere. We reached out to our admissions office and will post it once we have the list!
Let us know if there are any other questions that we can answer!
Anyone else submit 7/8 and not receive a complete email? Portal says complete 7/10 but still no email.
Anyone else submit 7/8 and not receive a complete email? Portal says complete 7/10 but still no email.
I submitted July 6 and still haven't gotten an email. Was marked complete 7/11
Anyone else submit 7/8 and not receive a complete email? Portal says complete 7/10 but still no email.
I submitted July 6 and still haven't gotten an email. Was marked complete 7/11
I never got a complete email (was complete 7/18), but got an interview, so I don't think it's important.
AMCASTuesdays
I heard vaccines killed Jenny Schecter
II received today!!! 2ndary submitted (7/27) 

Last edited:
9
907914
Congratulations! That was a fast turnaround time....II received today! 2ndary submitted (7/27)
*insert gyngyn chronological order copy pasta*Congratulations! That was a fast turnaround time....
AMCASTuesdays
I heard vaccines killed Jenny Schecter
Thank you, its all thanks to the great advice 🙂 and yeah i’m pretty jarred, im waiting for them to send a “whoops wrong applicant aha” emailCongratulations! That was a fast turnaround time....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
9
907914
Cannot find this copypasta, but IK they are not in chronological order lol They have their different piles and sort them whichever way they please.*insert gyngyn chronological order copy pasta*
NileMasr21
Full Member
First MSTP II for me! Complete 7/11
Congrats! When's your interview date? I'm trying to find others who are on the same day as me (feel free to PM me if you wish)
AMCASTuesdays
I heard vaccines killed Jenny Schecter
Am I safe to assume the policy for interviews is the same as for secondaries- i.e. the earlier the better?
Because of work it'd be easier to do a monday or friady interview but NYU doesn't have them until october...
Because of work it'd be easier to do a monday or friady interview but NYU doesn't have them until october...
D
deleted972488
The earlier the better. But you gotta do what you gotta do and in the grand scheme interviewing in October (vs. September, I'm assuming) is unlikely to impact your chances.Am I safe to assume the policy for interviews is the same as for secondaries- i.e. the earlier the better?
Because of work it'd be easier to do a monday or friady interview but NYU doesn't have them until october...
FWIW, I was offered an interview at another school for the end of August but asked to push it back to the end of September for personal reasons.
Last edited by a moderator:
Incoming M1 here, fwiw got my II a day before the free tuition announcement last year in August and intentionally scheduled my interview in late October because I wanted to get more interviews under my belt. I say do whatever you feel works best for you. Good luck.Am I safe to assume the policy for interviews is the same as for secondaries- i.e. the earlier the better?
Because of work it'd be easier to do a monday or friady interview but NYU doesn't have them until october...
@NYUAmbassadors is doing such a great job answers folks questions. So don't want to steal their thunder just putting my two cents in here.
D
deleted993768
Congrats! When's your interview date? I'm trying to find others who are on the same day as me (feel free to PM me if you wish)
@NileMasr21 when did you complete and get your II?
NileMasr21
Full Member
@NileMasr21 when did you complete and get your II?
Complete 7/9, II on 7/24
AMCASTuesdays
I heard vaccines killed Jenny Schecter
The earlier the better. But you gotta do what you gotta do and in the grand scheme interviewing October (vs. September, I'm assuming) is unlikely to impact your chances.
FWIW, I was offered an interview at another school for the end of August but asked to push it back to the end of September for personal reasons.
Thank you! Yeah I'm just imagining having a mid week interview and being stressed bc my PI is stressed lol. Thinking more rationally, you're right- it would only be a two week dif between those two options (sept or oct). This is a reach for me anyway, so if they find the second coming of MD's in that time then c'est la vie lol
D
deleted972488
You got an II this early... not a reach. You got this.Thank you! Yeah I'm just imagining having a mid week interview and being stressed bc my PI is stressed lol. Thinking more rationally, you're right- it would only be a two week dif between those two options (sept or oct). This is a reach for me anyway, so if they find the second coming of MD's in that time then c'est la vie lol
Lol "the second coming of MDs" is a good one.Thank you! Yeah I'm just imagining having a mid week interview and being stressed bc my PI is stressed lol. Thinking more rationally, you're right- it would only be a two week dif between those two options (sept or oct). This is a reach for me anyway, so if they find the second coming of MD's in that time then c'est la vie lol
AMCASTuesdays
I heard vaccines killed Jenny Schecter
Thanks friend 🙂 I’m going to give it my best shot!You got an II this early... not a reach. You got this.
Last edited:
AMCASTuesdays
I heard vaccines killed Jenny Schecter
Incoming M1 here, fwiw got my II a day before the free tuition announcement last year in August and intentionally scheduled my interview in late October because I wanted to get more interviews under my belt. I say do whatever you feel works best for you. Good luck.
@NYUAmbassadors is doing such a great job answers folks questions. So don't want to steal their thunder just putting my two cents in here.
Sorry I just saw this, thank you!! Yeah I'm going to get a few more interviews under my belt before. Congrats to you on not passing out during your interview with stakes like that too haha
Lol, no worries. The stakes weren't too high by that time; so if it didn't work out then I wasn't gonna be too upset.Sorry I just saw this, thank you!! Yeah I'm going to get a few more interviews under my belt before. Congrats to you on not passing out during your interview with stakes like that too haha
II just now!! Over the moon, this is my dream school. LM>80, Complete 7/23
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted993768
II just now!! Over the moon, this is my dream school. LM>80, Complete 7/23
MD only?
MD only?
Yes, for regular 4-year MD.
II!!! Holy crap didn’t expect one !!!
Last edited:
no they just love youAnyone know if NYU auto interviews? Got an II today, I submitted 7/25 and wasn’t expecting them to get back to me so soon. I have >80 LizzyM so I am wondering if they auto interview certain people
Anyone know if NYU auto interviews? Got an II today, I submitted 7/25 and wasn’t expecting them to get back to me so soon. I have >80 LizzyM so I am wondering if they auto interview certain people
Yeah they like to interview low achievers like yourself first
AMCASTuesdays
I heard vaccines killed Jenny Schecter
no they just love you
Anyone know if NYU auto interviews? Got an II today, I submitted 7/25 and wasn’t expecting them to get back to me so soon. I have >80 LizzyM so I am wondering if they auto interview certain people
Lol i was wondering this too. Also wondering if they’re identifying our sdn profiles based on our response time (if so, Hi ADCOMS i love your work)
D
deleted996731
Move over bro you have your II. Have I told you about our lord and savior Mr. LangoneLol i was wondering this too. Also wondering if they’re identifying our sdn profiles based on our response time (if so, Hi ADCOMS i love your work)
D
deleted996731
Also is it safe to assume quick turnarounds are for those LM>80 gods. Im sitting here with my ugly 78
AMCASTuesdays
I heard vaccines killed Jenny Schecter
Move over bro you have your II. Have I told you about our lord and savior Mr. Langone
Hey anyone who might *happen* upon this thread, I heard throwaway2020MD saved a bus full of abandoned puppies and did it all in the name of NYU Langone Health
I had a similar turnaround time and my LM is not >80 so no, I dont think so. They are giving out a LOT of interviews!Anyone know if NYU auto interviews? Got an II today, I submitted 7/25 and wasn’t expecting them to get back to me so soon. I have >80 LizzyM so I am wondering if they auto interview certain people
23LeGoatJames23
Full Member
Are you IS? and would you mind PMing your stats?I had a similar turnaround time and my LM is not >80 so no, I dont think so. They are giving out a LOT of interviews!
OOS LM 71
But he saved a carful of kittens who would otherwise have died from heat exposure...
helpmeout441
Full Member
I don't think so I haven't gotten an interview yet. I was complete like 7/10. Have gotten interviews at 3 other T10 schools so not sure what the issue isAnyone know if NYU auto interviews? Got an II today, I submitted 7/25 and wasn’t expecting them to get back to me so soon. I have >80 LizzyM so I am wondering if they auto interview certain people
How? Most T10 haven’t even gave out interviews yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Curious which T10 schools? I only see maybe 2 on the list of II's so far.I don't think so I haven't gotten an interview yet. I was complete like 7/10. Have gotten interviews at 3 other T10 schools so not sure what the issue is
And NYU is one of them....
helpmeout441
Full Member
Not gonna say which ones specifically. But UChicago, JHU, Yale, NYU, Pittsburgh, and Michigan already came out.Curious which T10 schools? I only see maybe 2 on the list of II's so far.
D
deleted996731
Calipremed why you be in time outAnd NYU is one of them....
Idek bro