2019-2020 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Secondary prompts:
1. Is there a unique aspect of your application that should be considered by the admissions committee?

(Maximum 75 words)

2. Explain why you decided to apply to the Penn State College of Medicine.

(Maximum 75 words)

3. Write a short paragraph describing a significant experience you have had working in a team setting.

(Maximum 250 words)

4. Write a short statement describing how you envision using your medical education to advance care for under-represented or marginalized populations.

(Maximum 250 words)

University Park Program, If yes, please briefly describe (maximum 250 words) a past experience where you were immersed in a situation in which you needed to adapt, collaborate, and grow as an individual and a team member in order to succeed.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Pennsylvania State University

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received, OOS @PapaGuava

Prompts are as follows:
1. Is there a unique aspect of your application that should be considered by the admissions committee?

(Maximum 75 words)

2. Explain why you decided to apply to the Penn State College of Medicine.

(Maximum 75 words)

3. Write a short paragraph describing a significant experience you have had working in a team setting.

(Maximum 250 words)

4. Write a short statement describing how you envision using your medical education to advance care for under-represented or marginalized populations.

(Maximum 250 words)

University Park Program, If yes, please briefly describe (maximum 250 words) a past experience where you were immersed in a situation in which you needed to adapt, collaborate, and grow as an individual and a team member in order to succeed.

Reactions: 2 users
@bearboi @sundayko Were you verified early on? I submitted my application the first day it opened and still haven't heard anything

I submitted for verification on 5/30 and was verified on 6/4. I'm sure they are just sending out the secondaries in batches as suggested by others.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received. OOS verified 6/3

Anyone seeing an incomplete status on their recommendation section even though they're pretty sure that AMCAS got it ages ago?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone seeing an incomplete status on their recommendation section even though they're pretty sure that AMCAS got it ages ago?
Yup I have the same error. Every other school has received my letters thru amcas so i assume psu problem

Submitted secondary this morning and received complete email right after. IS

Has anyone still not received a secondary?

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody else having issues copying and pasting into the boxes for the essays?

Anybody else having issues copying and pasting into the boxes for the essays?

I think that happens when you are over the word count! Sometimes microsoft word says my essay is "X" characters... but in the online app it was more than that because they count characters differently. Try pasting MOST of it... then for the last part type it in word by word until you run out of characters.... then you'll see how many words you need to cut out! :)

Reactions: 1 user
I think that happens when you are over the word count! Sometimes microsoft word says my essay is "X" characters... but in the online app it was more than that because they count characters differently. Try pasting MOST of it... then for the last part type it in word by word until you run out of characters.... then you'll see how many words you need to cut out! :)
Yup that was the problem lol thanks so much! It was weird because it would only past the first few lines rather than everything up to the word limit

Is there a unique aspect of your application that should be considered by the admissions committee?

People without serious financial/personal adversity challenges should just say no to this, correct?

Is there a unique aspect of your application that should be considered by the admissions committee?

People without serious financial/personal adversity challenges should just say no to this, correct?

Also tempted to say No...curious if anyone actually has

Also tempted to say No...curious if anyone actually has
That was my plan - like if they wanted us to say what was the strongest part of our app I think they would have worded it differently

That was my plan - like if they wanted us to say what was the strongest part of our app I think they would have worded it differently

On the other hand...they could have made it an optional essay

So I'm also having the whole "no letters submitted" thing despite AMCAS submitting them weeks ago. How long do you think I should wait before contacting admissions about this?

So I'm also having the whole "no letters submitted" thing despite AMCAS submitting them weeks ago. How long do you think I should wait before contacting admissions about this?

I think PSU just hasn't downloaded letters yet given how long it took them to send out their secondary (they haven't gotten any of mine either, but all of my other schools have)

Does anyone feel that growing up rural is unique enough for the first prompt?

Submitted; received complete email.
But it says they haven't received my LORs even though every other school has received them around 5/30 lol...
Anyone else having this issue where their LORs aren't showing up even though you're complete?

Reactions: 1 users