2019-2020 Ponce

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, does anyone know the date for the white coat ceremony?

its usually the week before classes start if im not mistaken. or the week of orientation

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just withdrew my acceptance from this school. Hoping someone gets some good news today! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone can send me the whatsapp link, I will really appreciate it! :)

Anyone get an email for a skype interview? Anyone who has already done one like this, what was it like?

I got one too! Anyone know what it's like?
I had one last Monday (5/4) and am still waiting to hear back. It was pretty relaxed all things considered. They were your typical interview questions mostly. I was interviewed by a fourth year student and it was conversational which was nice. Mine was all in Spanish, but I have heard that its 50/50 for some people. She did let me know that it is late in the cycle, but they have been trying to deal with Covid-related delays so it may be a while before any of us hear back/there is waitlist movement if placed on it.

I had one last Monday (5/4) and am still waiting to hear back. It was pretty relaxed all things considered. They were your typical interview questions mostly. I was interviewed by a fourth year student and it was conversational which was nice. Mine was all in Spanish, but I have heard that its 50/50 for some people. She did let me know that it is late in the cycle, but they have been trying to deal with Covid-related delays so it may be a while before any of us hear back/there is waitlist movement if placed on it.
Thank you for answering! How long was your interview? And how long did they give you from telling you the date of interview to the actual interview if that makes sense? lol

Thank you for answering! How long was your interview? And how long did they give you from telling you the date of interview to the actual interview if that makes sense? lol
Haha yes it does, i wondered the same thing exactly. I got the same email you're referring to, then a follow up email two to three days after with my interview date and time. Then the day of, my interviewer never contacted me like the email said they would before (so don't freak out if that happens to you), but they called me directly on Skype at the exact time.
I think all the schools all the island are having some delays right now, but I hope we find out some good news soon.

Did anyone else get the conditional acceptance email? Is that even considered for the medical school?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys just wondering is the conditional acceptance email different from the alternative list email?
I think its a mass sent email, because earlier in the cycle I received an email about the choose your school tool, so perhaps its that.

Has anyone who has done Skype/Zoom interviews heard back from admissions?

when do you guys think there will be movement from wl?

Since DARS says last notice of acceptance is May 29th, does anyone know if that would be the same this year since everything is backed up?

How does their pass/fail grading system work?
They have a pass/fail/honors system

Below 70 is fail
Between 70-89 is pass
90 or above is honors (these are ranked for AOA).

Reactions: 2 users
Still haven't gotten a response from my Skype interview...would it be reasonable to shoot them an email for an update since it's so late in the cycle?

Has Ponce given any rejections yet/anyone heard anything lately? They have been radio silence.

Was that after interview/WL/ no interview?
One was after no interview, the other after interview late March. They got the rejection early May. I still have friends waitlisted after interview late March.

I interviewed late February and got accepted early May, so they take a while

One was after no interview, the other after interview late March. They got the rejection early May. I still have friends waitlisted after interview late March.

I interviewed late February and got accepted early May, so they take a while

Thanks, they seem to be taking their time. My interview was early May and was worried since I haven't heard since then.

I'm still waiting on the WL as well

Has Ponce said anything about on campus or virtual classes for fall?

Has Ponce said anything about on campus or virtual classes for fall?
My interviewer said it will most likely be virtual classes, but he recommends moving to Ponce when school starts just in case they last minute switch.

People who are waiting: Any news?

I was just accepted this morning , will be withdrawing my acceptance since I plan on attending SJB. I interviewed early May

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 4 users
Wow Congrats no matter what! Hopefully I get news soon, I interviewed after you!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Where do I go / what platform do I use to connect with fellow accepted students?

Also, whats the matriculation date? Thanks much to anyone who responds and you rock!

Where do I go / what platform do I use to connect with fellow accepted students?

Also, whats the matriculation date? Thanks much to anyone who responds and you rock!
Therw is a whatsapp chat and a telegram chat. We mainly communicate through telegram, though. I can PM you the link.