-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Ponce
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JUST GOT ACCEPTED 🙂
PM you the link. Congrats, future classmate!!Can someone please PM the Whatsapp or Telegram link? Thank you!
Congratzzzz!!! Welcome aboard!JUST GOT ACCEPTED 🙂
Just pm’ed it to you! 🙂Can someone PM me the group chat as well please?
BayAreaPreMed2024
New Member
I just got accepted too!!!
Can I get added to the group chat too, please?
Can I get added to the group chat too, please?
lavander
New Member
Just PM’ed the link to you!
I just got accepted too!!!
Can I get added to the group chat too, please?
BayAreaPreMed2024
New Member
I was accepted from the WLIs anyone getting accepted off WL at this point?
Thank you and congrats!!I was accepted from the WL
I withdrew my acceptance today. Good luck to everyone on WL! Hope my space goes to one of you 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
whothatgirl
New Member
I just got accepted too! Congratulations Everyone. Can someone pm me the link to the what’s app also
Hey! I have also been accepted to Ponce! Could you please send me the link to the class group chat? Thanks!PM you the link. Congrats, future classmate!!
Hi all, I realize this chat has been inactive for a few months now but I'm applying this cycle and just got an II from Ponce. It's going to be through Zoom. I was wondering if those of you that interviewed virtually for Ponce would be willing to PM me and tell me how the virtual interview experience was, and if it was in groups or individual? I'd appreciate it because I'm not quite sure what to expect from a virtual interview (and this is my first II this cycle)
Thanks 🙂
Thanks 🙂
futureDoc@Fl
His/Him
What are your Stats ? if you don't mind sharing. Im also appliying for this cycle. Good luck!Hi all, I realize this chat has been inactive for a few months now but I'm applying this cycle and just got an II from Ponce. It's going to be through Zoom. I was wondering if those of you that interviewed virtually for Ponce would be willing to PM me and tell me how the virtual interview experience was, and if it was in groups or individual? I'd appreciate it because I'm not quite sure what to expect from a virtual interview (and this is my first II this cycle)
Thanks 🙂
Hi all, I realize this chat has been inactive for a few months now but I'm applying this cycle and just got an II from Ponce. It's going to be through Zoom. I was wondering if those of you that interviewed virtually for Ponce would be willing to PM me and tell me how the virtual interview experience was, and if it was in groups or individual? I'd appreciate it because I'm not quite sure what to expect from a virtual interview (and this is my first II this cycle)
Thanks 🙂
I interviewed virtually at the onset of the pandemic , later in last cycle. It is a very relaxed one on one. They basically go through your application with you again. Verify gpa, MCAT, research etc.... ask about why Ponce , why Puerto Rico etc. Just be personable, it was conversational. I don’t remember much else. Dress up nice of course and make sure you have no distractions around you. My interview was 90% Spanish. I was accepted two weeks later but ultimately decided on SJB.
I interviewed virtually at the onset of the pandemic , later in last cycle. It is a very relaxed one on one. They basically go through your application with you again. Verify gpa, MCAT, research etc.... ask about why Ponce , why Puerto Rico etc. Just be personable, it was conversational. I don’t remember much else. Dress up nice of course and make sure you have no distractions around you. My interview was 90% Spanish. I was accepted two weeks later but ultimately decided on SJB.
It sounds pretty low-stress, that makes me feel better. Thank you for answering, hope MS1 is treating you well!
What are your Stats ? if you don't mind sharing. Im also appliying for this cycle. Good luck!
Hey, I PMed you my stats. Thanks, and good luck to you too!
Awesome! Good luck! Make sure to practice talking on a computer, especially in Spanish if you're not super comfortable. Do you mind sharing your stats with me? I am also applying so hopefully we get lucky! 😀Hi all, I realize this chat has been inactive for a few months now but I'm applying this cycle and just got an II from Ponce. It's going to be through Zoom. I was wondering if those of you that interviewed virtually for Ponce would be willing to PM me and tell me how the virtual interview experience was, and if it was in groups or individual? I'd appreciate it because I'm not quite sure what to expect from a virtual interview (and this is my first II this cycle)
Thanks 🙂
futureDoc@Fl
His/Him
I have an interview with Ponce Health this Friday. Any Advice?
why did you decide on SJB? If you don't mind me asking. I've applied to both and am trying to make a decision between the PR schools currently.I interviewed virtually at the onset of the pandemic , later in last cycle. It is a very relaxed one on one. They basically go through your application with you again. Verify gpa, MCAT, research etc.... ask about why Ponce , why Puerto Rico etc. Just be personable, it was conversational. I don’t remember much else. Dress up nice of course and make sure you have no distractions around you. My interview was 90% Spanish. I was accepted two weeks later but ultimately decided on SJB.
why did you decide on SJB? If you don't mind me asking. I've applied to both and am trying to make a decision between the PR schools currently.
Personally, I liked the curriculum better at SJB and I liked the small class size. I also like the location of Caguas in relation to the rest of the island. (I enjoy going out and hitting the beach/being close to San Juan) Also, tuition is more at Ponce. One thing to consider though (in defense of Ponce) is its name is a little more well-known.
Talking to other people at UCC, Ponce, and even UPR, I think I made the right choice for myself. I like the CAS exams and the Step prep and I like knowing my classmates (even now during Covid). We all help each other out and send each other resources and it’s been a good environment for me. There are hiccups with administration especially now during the pandemic but otherwise I made the right choice.