-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Rochester
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hold. Complete late July. Glad to be in such good company with all of you 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D
deleted1005103
HODLLLL complete 9/24 LM 74
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hold. Complete mid-September. lm 80+
did anyone receive a rejection pre-II? Seems like they've only been giving out holds
happy_to_be_here
Full Member
Don't even know if it's meaningful to share because so many have posted, but I also just got the hold :/
You guessed it...another HOLD
dreamformedschool
Full Member
On Hold too... 🙁
Complete late July
Complete late July
Any MD/PhD sisters & brøthers on hold?
+infinity on the hold. Hi, gang!
+infinity on the hold. Hi, gang!
Not related to this post (sorry about the hold), but omg congrats on your A!!! You have some of the best posts on here, so happy for you! 🙂
Looks like I'm surfing on the hold wave with y'all. Complete mid August.
+1 hold gang
Not related to this post (sorry about the hold), but omg congrats on your A!!! You have some of the best posts on here, so happy for you! 🙂
Awww thank you so much. All these Rs and holds feel much less sad now that I've got an A in my pocket. Can't wait to see your signature change here in the next few weeks or months!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just curious how is your LM score a range?Awww thank you so much. All these Rs and holds feel much less sad now that I've got an A in my pocket. Can't wait to see your signature change here in the next few weeks or months!
Glad we are all in such good company lol
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just curious how is your LM score a range?
Low end includes my stats without postbac work, upper end is my stats with postbac. Goro said that the LizzyM calculations aren't perfect for postbacs (i.e., postbac GPAs are often weighted more heavily for career changers) so basically I assigned myself that range to feel better about my situation.
Wanted to sneak over that coveted 70+ LM score.
Also on hold.
Did anyone on this thread not get put on hold lol
Did anyone on this thread not get put on hold lol
D
deleted987519
Feels good to be held, even if just for a moment. Thank you, Rochester 
Hold hold hold
think someone hit the wrong button in the rochester admission's office with all these holds????
I’m going to guess that this is just a general update to everybody who has not yet received an interview
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I’m going to guess that this is just a general update to everybody who has not yet received an interview
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
You know, I honestly liked their approach! "It's taking a long time but don't worry, we haven't forgotten about you!"
Because I was thinking maybe they did. I really actually do appreciate the updates. I wish more schools would do this.
Last edited:
DrEllaWoods
Full Member
Joining the hold gang! Complete 9/27
silence here complete early july
BillyOsler
Full Member
Samesilence here complete early july
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm pretty sure everyone whose apps were not yet reviewed got the hold email. The email is just a courtesy to say that they are backed up, but are still reviewing apps. It's different from holds at other schools, because in the case of Rochester, they have not yet reviewed our applications.
Last edited:
bluelight123
Full Member
Did anyone who already interviewed here fill out the Affinity Groups Survey? I don't see any group that fits me (I'm ORM, straight, no military ties, etc) so I was wondering if it's cool to just not fill it out.
Did anyone who already interviewed here fill out the Affinity Groups Survey? I don't see any group that fits me (I'm ORM, straight, no military ties, etc) so I was wondering if it's cool to just not fill it out.
I’m interviewing in December, but the Affinity Group Survey email explicitly says this:
“Of course, if none of the affinity groups draw interest, you do not have to fill out the form. This is purely optional, and a way for you to chat with students who have similar interests as you!”
I'm really hoping you're right !! I was bummed when I got the hold email. I'm In their GPA/MCAT range and I have ties to the schoolI'm pretty sure everyone whose apps were not yet reviewed got the hold email. The email is just a courtesy to say that they are backed up, but are still reviewing apps. It's different from holds at other schools, because in the case of Rochester, they have not yet reviewed our applications.
I'm an MD/PhD candidate and I did not get put on hold. I feel like they do this hold thing to keep the stress levels down, but NOT getting put on hold is kinda freaking me out hahaAlso on hold.
Did anyone on this thread not get put on hold lol
So if I did not get put on hold, and I was complete mid-August, is that good or bad?
So if I did not get put on hold, and I was complete mid-August, is that good or bad?

So if I did not get put on hold, and I was complete mid-August, is that good or bad?
I’m going to guess that this is positive sign for you. Why didn’t you get put on hold? Probably because Rochester thinks you’re exceptional (because, duh, you are) and they want to meet you.
But that’s just my speculation. I do hope that this means you’re in the II pile!
Last edited:
Same boat as you. IDK if it’s good. They send out a wave of Rs in early December ( looking at last year).So if I did not get put on hold, and I was complete mid-August, is that good or bad?
Anyone waiting to hear back post Interview??
Interviewed 10/23. I looked at last year’s thread, and it looks like they released a batch of decisions the first week of December.Anyone waiting to hear back post Interview??
round2applicant
Full Member
interviewed 10/31, still waiting. i think they said 6-8 weeks though, and we can disregard thanksgiving and christmas week right? probably wont hear back until january..Anyone waiting to hear back post Interview??
interviewed 10/31, still waiting. i think they said 6-8 weeks though, and we can disregard thanksgiving and christmas week right? probably wont hear back until january..
Interviewed 10/31 as well. Why wouldnt we hear back until January?
They say 6-8 weeks but earlier acceptances were given after 4 weeks. Given that people were saying that there are a batch of decisions given the first week of December, im assuming we will hear back then.
round2applicant
Full Member
didn’t know that, thanks for the information! fingers crossed we hear soon thenInterviewed 10/31 as well. Why wouldnt we hear back until January?
They say 6-8 weeks but earlier acceptances were given after 4 weeks. Given that people were saying that there are a batch of decisions given the first week of December, im assuming we will hear back then.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any MD/PhD applicants get put on hold?
Interviewing here in ~2 weeks, does anyone know if they have a place to put luggage?
doobeebop
Full Member
Interviewing here in ~2 weeks, does anyone know if they have a place to put luggage?
Yes, they had two closets for storage.
@doobeebop : thanks!
Hold! Thank you Rochester, very cool!