2020-2021 Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Baited in the morning and then hit with the real thing. Damn lol

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Still received silence since July, but I feel like it’s only a matter of time before an R for me

Reactions: 2 users
Complete since 8/27 and still in silence. Glad to be not rejected yet, but still not confident about my II chances here either.

can they just R me into oblivion already, the waiting game is brutal

Reactions: 1 users
Also complete late August and nothing yet.

Last edited:
Does any know the lecture attendance policy at UR? Prior to covid - were lectures recorded & made accessible to review?

Does any know the lecture attendance policy at UR? Prior to covid - were lectures recorded & made accessible to review?
I know a few people at UR- lectures were mandatory pre-covid and not recorded. you weren't allowed to record either. now they are recorded but I believe expire after a given time to ensure everyone's keeping up with it as they happen. pbl is still in session in person as well.

does anyone have an idea of when they might send out the next batch of post-interview decisions? i interviewed mid jan and haven't heard back yet, but i have a summer internship lined up that is asking for my med school plans asap

does anyone have an idea of when they might send out the next batch of post-interview decisions? i interviewed mid jan and haven't heard back yet, but i have a summer internship lined up that is asking for my med school plans asap
If they're following the same schedule as last year's cycle then decisions should be coming later this week

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
On Rochester's financial aid website, it says it awards a few merit-based scholarships at the time of admission... does that mean when we get our FA package or when you found out that you were accepted? I was wondering if anyone has heard about these yet

Reactions: 1 user
On Rochester's financial aid website, it says it awards a few merit-based scholarships at the time of admission... does that mean when we get our FA package or when you found out that you were accepted? I was wondering if anyone has heard about these yet
Probably the former. FA package comes after acceptance with the awarded scholarships and/or loans.

Medical Humanities MS degree PR email... for my gap year..... We know what's coming today! #R +pity+

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Medical Humanities MS degree PR email... for my gap year..... We know what's coming today! #R +pity+
Are you an interviewee waiting for your decision? I interviewed last month and got the same email today. Hope it doesn't mean much!

I know a few people at UR- lectures were mandatory pre-covid and not recorded. you weren't allowed to record either. now they are recorded but I believe expire after a given time to ensure everyone's keeping up with it as they happen. pbl is still in session in person as well.
any idea if they're still doing anatomy in person?

Are you an interviewee waiting for your decision? I interviewed last month and got the same email today. Hope it doesn't mean much!

No, I'm so far just an applicant. And I'm sure this does not mean much. Wishing you best of luck! Such a great school, and what an accomplishment to be an interviewee!!!

Last edited:
I am current graduate student here and received this MS degree email more than couple of times in last 2 month. I don't think this related to any decisions . As far as I know they are behind in everything this year .
Thank you so much for this note! I'm going to try to stop being so neurotic haha

alsooo are we expecting decisions tomorrow?? been checking my email pretty obsessively this week, so nervous

Hey, all; I have a really dumb question: I was invited for an interview, but the interview day schedule in the portal doesn't include an individual interview. Does Rochester do individual interviews?

Hey, all; I have a really dumb question: I was invited for an interview, but the interview day schedule in the portal doesn't include an individual interview. Does Rochester do individual interviews?

They update with the finer details of your interview times the week leading up to your interview once you submit the pre-interview essays. They have 2 one-on-one interviews, one with faculty and one with a student.

They update with the finer details of your interview times the week leading up to your interview once you submit the pre-interview essays. They have 2 one-on-one interviews, one with faculty and one with a student.
Thank you! I'm expecting an email with more details a few days before the interview (...with the information you just provided, probably), but I would rather know the lay of the land sooner.

anyone turn in the essays after the 3-day deadline? 😅😅 the first email I got just said "3 days in advance of your scheduled interview" but online it specifies "3 business days" 😅 kind of freaking out here. sorry if it was already discussed, I didn't catch it

anyone turn in the essays after the 3-day deadline? 😅😅 the first email I got just said "3 days in advance of your scheduled interview" but online it specifies "3 business days" 😅 kind of freaking out here. sorry if it was already discussed, I didn't catch it
I forgot and submitted mine a little after 12 am on a monday when I was to interview the coming Wednesday. Fortunately got the A. I wouldn’t stress too much about the business day part, but definitely get it in asap. Hope this helps

I forgot and submitted mine a little after 12 am on a monday when I was to interview the coming Wednesday. Fortunately got the A. I wouldn’t stress too much about the business day part, but definitely get it in asap. Hope this helps
thanks!! i got it in this evening (interview tuesday). did they send you an email about it reminding you to complete it? and congrats on the A!!!!

thanks!! i got it in this evening (interview tuesday). did they send you an email about it reminding you to complete it? and congrats on the A!!!!
Nope, just went on the portal and realized I hadn’t submitted it. Tbh, the interviewers are probs so busy that they only get to reading it the night before lol. But thanks :). And the best of luck with your interview! Go get that A!

Anyone else from mid-Jan interviews feel blue balled after expecting decisions yesterday? :lol:

Reactions: 4 users
did most of you guys have a one-on-one interview with a current student? i was under the impression that everyone gets an interview with a student a one with faculty/physician. but I have a physician and someone from admissions. just curious

Last edited:
did most of you guys have a one-on-one interview with a current student? i was under the impression that everyone gets an interview with a student a one with faculty/physician. but I have a physician and someone from admissions. just curious
i’m not sure if that’s the case for most interviewees, but i did have a student and the dean for my interviews. the student told me that rochester tries to match interviewees with those who have similar interests/background/etc. though, and perhaps that’s why you were paired up in such manner?

Anyone else here still haven't heard anything since the "Still Reviewing Applications" email?

Pre-II R just now via email. Complete sometime in late August

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Hit with that Pre-II R this morning. Complete mid July.

• Care
Rochester increases my BP every Thursday morning with their pop-up Café emails. Hope they send the next round of A/WL/R soon. Interviewed 01/13

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Rochester increases my BP a every Thursday morning with their pop-up Café emails. Hope they send next round of A/WL/R soon. Interviewed 01/13
Have a feeling it'll be tomorrow. Based on last year's thread they gave the later decisions on Fridays.

Anyone from 12/8 interview day still waiting for decisions. This feels like a lifetime 😩

i know it was discussed here but man what a tease that info packet they send you is. also what in god's name is that brush thing that came with it?

• Haha
Dumb question, but does anyone know what the little gadget they mail you after interviewing is? The top part seems like a screen cleaner for your phone maybe, but what is the point of the padded hook?

• Haha
Dumb question, but does anyone know what the little gadget they mail you after interviewing is? The top part seems like a screen cleaner for your phone maybe, but what is the point of the padded hook?
Are you talking about the door grabber? The hook goes around door handles and the padded part is for touching screens out in public.

• Love
i have a ~feeling~ we will hear back tom. seems like its 6 weeks for some people then which is when nobay told my group was their usual turnaround