-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Rutgers, New Jersey
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
stevelevl123
New Member
just got the call, interviewed 13 days ago
stevelevl123
New Member
for all the ED people, would you be down to start a groupme or facebook page
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes please! Still waiting to hear back but interviewed 7 days agofor all the ED people, would you be down to start a groupme or facebook page
stevelevl123
New Member
https://www.facebook.com/tefatefas add me on facebook and ill invite you to the group
stevelevl123
New Member
Log in to Facebook | Facebook this is the link to the group, or just type in new jersey medical school - class of 2024
For people who emailed Dr. Heinrich, what did you guys send/write down?
First paragraph: introduction about myself (undergrad, gpa, mcat, why I was emailing-advice about applying, how to strenthen app, etc.)
Second paragraph: more detailed info (talk about EC's, volunteer experience, etc.)
Third paragraph: Highlight a few aspects of why I am interested in NJMS
There is no true formula as what to write, and mine may be a bit overkill, but that is what I sent.
First paragraph: introduction about myself (undergrad, gpa, mcat, why I was emailing-advice about applying, how to strenthen app, etc.)
Second paragraph: more detailed info (talk about EC's, volunteer experience, etc.)
Third paragraph: Highlight a few aspects of why I am interested in NJMS
There is no true formula as what to write, and mine may be a bit overkill, but that is what I sent.
How long was your email? I feel like I'm sending him a brick wall and I'm not sure he'll want to read all of it.
Are you people ED or why u sending emailsHow long was your email? I feel like I'm sending him a brick wall and I'm not sure he'll want to read all of it.
Are you people ED or why u sending emails
I've heard Dr. Heinrich is pretty responsive to emails about applications, and is willing to review them with people who ask. I'm still working on my secondary, and since I know I'm super late to the game I was hoping he'd give me some advice to make my application stronger.
I mean if you applied, I don’t think there’s anything you can do to strengthen your app, right? (Not being condescending, just curious). I understand for ED applicants and for people taking a gap year, but once your app is submitted, I don’t see how much you could improveI've heard Dr. Heinrich is pretty responsive to emails about applications, and is willing to review them with people who ask. I'm still working on my secondary, and since I know I'm super late to the game I was hoping he'd give me some advice to make my application stronger.
Internationalphysician
Full Member
ED?II received today!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wife got her call last night.Anyone get calls this weekend?
Thanks for you update. Congrats to you and your wife. What date did she interview?Wife got her call last night.
Thanks. We are very excited. I'm not in the medical field but I've felt every effort she's put into this process.Thanks for you update. Congrats to you and your wife. What date did she interview?
She interviewed about 2 weeks ago
D
deleted977121
II! IS. LM 75. Complete 7/23
Just wondering - does it hurt you to say no to the optional student interview? Should I just have it anyway? lol
Just wondering - does it hurt you to say no to the optional student interview? Should I just have it anyway? lol
Congrats! What time did you hear back?II! Complete 7/15, LM >80
Not sure if the student interview is taken as a demonstration of interest. I signed up for one just in case.
Congrats! What time did you hear back?
around noon
Datnooj
Full Member
I'm regular decision, reapplicant
The student interview is definitely taken as a show of interest. It wouldn't look great for you to decline one especially so early in the season. Besides, it's meant to help you interact more with current students and to get a feel of the school. Honestly, you should want to do it.II! IS. LM 75. Complete 7/23
Just wondering - does it hurt you to say no to the optional student interview? Should I just have it anyway? lol
tryingmybest82
Full Member
any RD interview yet? got the email yesterday and have my interview in september
Datnooj
Full Member
Mine is scheduled for the 22nd. I interviewed here last cycle as well, if you had any questions.any RD interview yet? got the email yesterday and have my interview in september
tryingmybest82
Full Member
ive heard they ask the pretty basic questions. anything stand out to you or catch you off guard?Mine is scheduled for the 22nd. I interviewed here last cycle as well, if you had any questions.
Datnooj
Full Member
Yeah it was a very chill interview, but I did get one ethics question about clinics and providing free treatment. Nothing too complicated tho.ive heard they ask the pretty basic questions. anything stand out to you or catch you off guard?
D
deleted992197
Were any interview invitations sent out this week? Submitted 7/29 but haven't heard back yet.
Don’t think so
7/19 submite, nothing but silence
7/19 submite, nothing but silence
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II on 8/1!
DoctahPeppah
Full Member
I just interviewed as a regular admissions applicant, absolutely love this school and thought the interview was very relaxed and easygoing. Good luck to everyone!
D
deleted992197
Congrats! When did you submit the secondary?II just now, OOS, 518 MCAT, 3.95 cGPA!
Thanks! 7/19 I believe.Congrats! When did you submit the secondary?
+1, IS, mid July submitII just now, OOS, 518 MCAT, 3.95 cGPA!
Aloe paleo
Full Member
Congrats! were you notified after 5pm?II just now, OOS, 518 MCAT, 3.95 cGPA!
Is there some theory with this lolCongrats! were you notified after 5pm?
Aloe paleo
Full Member
nope i just wanted to know how common it was to get a notification from a school after 5 lolIs there some theory with this lol
Lol, it was right around 5pm.nope i just wanted to know how common it was to get a notification from a school after 5 lol
Aloe paleo
Full Member
you must be ecstatic!Lol, it was right around 5pm.
Honestly very surprised to be hearing back so early and OOS for NJMS!you must be ecstatic!
Oh well mine was also after 5 fwiw lolnope i just wanted to know how common it was to get a notification from a school after 5 lol
Aloe paleo
Full Member
thanks !Oh well mine was also after 5 fwiw lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
uhh so is this interview day just faculty interview and student interview, with a tour? like all my other IIs are schedule for 9:30-4:30 but this one seems like you just do two separate interviews with a tour and you're out lol
Yeah, that's what it seems like. Definitely different and to the point.uhh so is this interview day just faculty interview and student interview, with a tour? like all my other IIs are schedule for 9:30-4:30 but this one seems like you just do two separate interviews with a tour and you're out lol
DoctahPeppah
Full Member
Yeah that basically sums up the interview, I was done by like 1:00pm and my interview was around 10:00am.uhh so is this interview day just faculty interview and student interview, with a tour? like all my other IIs are schedule for 9:30-4:30 but this one seems like you just do two separate interviews with a tour and you're out lol
D
deleted1001426
II today. Regular decision. IS. ORM