2019-2020 Rutgers, New Jersey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the call!

Interviewed about 11 days ago!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
for all the ED people, would you be down to start a groupme or facebook page

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For people who emailed Dr. Heinrich, what did you guys send/write down?

For people who emailed Dr. Heinrich, what did you guys send/write down?

First paragraph: introduction about myself (undergrad, gpa, mcat, why I was emailing-advice about applying, how to strenthen app, etc.)

Second paragraph: more detailed info (talk about EC's, volunteer experience, etc.)

Third paragraph: Highlight a few aspects of why I am interested in NJMS

There is no true formula as what to write, and mine may be a bit overkill, but that is what I sent.

First paragraph: introduction about myself (undergrad, gpa, mcat, why I was emailing-advice about applying, how to strenthen app, etc.)

Second paragraph: more detailed info (talk about EC's, volunteer experience, etc.)

Third paragraph: Highlight a few aspects of why I am interested in NJMS

There is no true formula as what to write, and mine may be a bit overkill, but that is what I sent.

How long was your email? I feel like I'm sending him a brick wall and I'm not sure he'll want to read all of it.

Are you people ED or why u sending emails

I've heard Dr. Heinrich is pretty responsive to emails about applications, and is willing to review them with people who ask. I'm still working on my secondary, and since I know I'm super late to the game I was hoping he'd give me some advice to make my application stronger.

I've heard Dr. Heinrich is pretty responsive to emails about applications, and is willing to review them with people who ask. I'm still working on my secondary, and since I know I'm super late to the game I was hoping he'd give me some advice to make my application stronger.
I mean if you applied, I don’t think there’s anything you can do to strengthen your app, right? (Not being condescending, just curious). I understand for ED applicants and for people taking a gap year, but once your app is submitted, I don’t see how much you could improve

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for you update. Congrats to you and your wife. What date did she interview?
Thanks. We are very excited. I'm not in the medical field but I've felt every effort she's put into this process.
She interviewed about 2 weeks ago

Reactions: 1 users
II! IS. LM 75. Complete 7/23
Just wondering - does it hurt you to say no to the optional student interview? Should I just have it anyway? lol

II! Complete 7/15, LM >80

Not sure if the student interview is taken as a demonstration of interest. I signed up for one just in case.

II! IS. LM 75. Complete 7/23
Just wondering - does it hurt you to say no to the optional student interview? Should I just have it anyway? lol
The student interview is definitely taken as a show of interest. It wouldn't look great for you to decline one especially so early in the season. Besides, it's meant to help you interact more with current students and to get a feel of the school. Honestly, you should want to do it.

ive heard they ask the pretty basic questions. anything stand out to you or catch you off guard?
Yeah it was a very chill interview, but I did get one ethics question about clinics and providing free treatment. Nothing too complicated tho.

Were any interview invitations sent out this week? Submitted 7/29 but haven't heard back yet.

Don’t think so
7/19 submite, nothing but silence

Reactions: 1 user
I just interviewed as a regular admissions applicant, absolutely love this school and thought the interview was very relaxed and easygoing. Good luck to everyone!

II just now, OOS, 518 MCAT, 3.95 cGPA!

uhh so is this interview day just faculty interview and student interview, with a tour? like all my other IIs are schedule for 9:30-4:30 but this one seems like you just do two separate interviews with a tour and you're out lol

uhh so is this interview day just faculty interview and student interview, with a tour? like all my other IIs are schedule for 9:30-4:30 but this one seems like you just do two separate interviews with a tour and you're out lol
Yeah, that's what it seems like. Definitely different and to the point.

Yeah that basically sums up the interview, I was done by like 1:00pm and my interview was around 10:00am.

Congrats! Would you mind letting us know your complete date and LM?