2019-2020 Rutgers, New Jersey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi I didn't submit my primary to this school yet, but was wondering if there is a prerequisite section/question that asks about any online coursework completed? thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Got the call........ Accepted! ED, II 8/22, completed the medical scholars program.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have any of you guys gotten access to the accepted student portal yet?

II 9/4 ! complete 9/3

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
lol how?? so that means they def saw my app smh
are you connected with the school somehow?
I wouldn’t stress too much. I’ve started to get the sense that the order which apps are reviewed is a bit random at time

I wouldn’t stress too much. I’ve started to get the sense that the order which apps are reviewed is a bit random at time
yea im not worried, waiting for my first II is just nervewracking lol

Reactions: 1 user
First II! Complete 8/14.

Question email has dates and it says to email them which one you want but the portal has completely different dates that are later. I imagine that I would stick to the dates in the email?

Any update on the admitted students portal?

First II yesterday! Complete 9/6, shocked at the turnaround time

Anyone who’s interviews so far care to share their experience and any tips??

Pretty chill interview

Anyone who interviewed have trouble finding parking? I’m interviewing tomorrow and I’ve been told by people who interviewed last year that finding parking is a nightmare unless you’re interviewing really early in the morning

You have to park in the P2 parking lot. So look for thr parking deck that has the sign P2 ( I think the secondary portal says the street corner it's on) You will click a button to get a ticket. Then, at the admissions office, they will stamp it so you dont have to pay.
The p2 parking lot has a lot of parking, I had no problems. Good luck!
Anyone who interviewed have trouble finding parking? I’m interviewing tomorrow and I’ve been told by people who interviewed last year that finding parking is a nightmare unless you’re interviewing really early in the morning

Does anyone who's interviewed have an address to the building we go to? I think its the Medical Science Building, but I was wondering if there was a GPS address that I could plug in.

Does anyone who's interviewed have an address to the building we go to? I think its the Medical Science Building, but I was wondering if there was a GPS address that I could plug in.

You can plug in P2 Bergen Street Parking Garage in google maps or 130-184 Bergen St, Newark, NJ which will bring you directly to the parking deck. If you are being dropped off at the school, I would plug in 185 S Orange Ave, Newark, NJ 07103 .

According to our portal which I used:
Parking Instructions:
Upon arriving on campus, please park in the P2 Bergen Street Parking Garage as indicated on the Campus Map. This garage is located at the corner of South Orange Avenue and Bergen Street. There is an entrance to the parking garage from Bergen Street as well as South Orange Avenue.

Accessing the Medical Science Building - Once you are parked, proceed to Level A (street level) at the corner of South Orange Avenue and Bergen Street. Proceed walking on South Orange Avenue and follow the signs to the Medical Science Building. Please do not enter the Hospital or other buildings surrounding the parking deck. Those buildings require card access in order to gain full access and you will get lost. You will walk outside so please plan accordingly based on the weather patterns during the time you’re visiting our campus.

For all upcoming interviewees ... this was super super super chill. The hour flew by honestly and my interviewer talked most of the time. Literally don’t sweat this one at all.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else not have a student interview? It was kind of hidden in the portal and I didn’t see it until the day of my interview. Would not scheduling a student interview affect my chances?

Anyone else not have a student interview? It was kind of hidden in the portal and I didn’t see it until the day of my interview. Would not scheduling a student interview affect my chances?
No it wouldn’t affect your chances
My interview group has a bunch of ours cancelled day off Bc of their exam and we were told that it didn’t impact us at all ... at the end of the day, it’s optional

Just got an II!

Edit: several dates available in the latter half of October. Booked mine for 10/24

Last edited:
Can anyone give a more detailed breakdown of the interview day? I have a student interview at 11 am and faculty at 2 pm. The tour is at 12?? so will there be time for me to grab lunch in between? Also how many people are normally in the tour group and is it student-led? Thanks!
It’ll be lunch + tour from 12-2. Yes, it’s student led

I don't think it would hurt your chances, especially since they only give student interviews if they have enough students, so many people who did request one did not get it. My student interview was primarily the student telling me about the school, it seemed to be more for us to get a student's perspective as opposed to them developing a detailed picture of us as an applicant. I was only asked one question about myself, the 1-hour faculty interview is where the admission committee really gets more information on you.