2019-2020 Saint Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone here anything about background checks, immunization, or Second Look Day yet? This school has been pretty quiet :p I want to make sure I didn't miss anything. Thanks!

Also, best of luck to everyone still waiting! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone here anything about background checks, immunization, or Second Look Day yet? This school has been pretty quiet :p I want to make sure I didn't miss anything. Thanks!

There is no second look day at SLU! Not sure about the background check but i was accepted in Dec and received certiphi in mid jan or something like that.

I think most schools use the same immunization standards provided by AAMC. As for Certiphi, if you have other acceptances, you have likely already filled it out, but might receive an email saying a school was added. Does your acceptance show in the choose your med school app?

Members don't see this ad :)

I got background check information soon after selecting my intent to enroll

Has anybody asked admissions about taking prereqs for P/F this semester due to Covid-19?

Is it one shared Certiphi for all the schools you are accepted to? Just wanted to make sure! Thanks :)

n = 2, but the schools I have been accepted to use the same Certiphi. I believe all schools use the same AAMC mandated background service, but there could be exceptions.

Just received notification of waitlist status. Interviewed 2/10.

Reactions: 1 user
Yep, very possible. Had a ton of classmates opt to do the TL1 program over at WUSTL. The only downside of doing this is there is a bit of paperwork involved and some fees to pay to make it happen, but it does. If you opt to do this, try to find a mentor early. This might be difficult with the current climate though, since clinical faculty are busy with COVID-19 patients in both St. Louis medical schools.

You can also get involved in entrepreneurship research projects through Sling Health/IDEA Labs and SLU's MEDLaunch, which ends up collaborating from multidisciplinary fields that take from both schools. I've also had classmates that were out of state that ended up going back to their home over the summer to do research with their undergrad or in-state institution. Research is research. Just make sure you get a publication or presentation out of it.

Thank you so much! So when you say find a mentor early, do you mean a SLU mentor or a WUSTL mentor? How did you find research at SLU was? Could it be something you do year-round or just focused on the summer?

I, for some reason, do not receive emails from SLU (did not receive II email either). Checked my portal and shows a waitlist.

Edit: Anyone else not get a confirmation that you selected WL. Afterwards I can change back and forth and continually submit. Will see I guess.
Edit #2: Interviewed 2/25. OOS. LM 70-72.

Last edited:
Just received notification of waitlist status. Interviewed 2/10.

WLed today. Interviewed 2/10. Given what happened between me and my interviewer, I would be shocked if I got accepted.

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
I also did not get a confirmation email for accepting my wait list spot

I also did not get a confirmation email for accepting my wait list spot
In their email they said it goes through, you don't get any confirmation though so have some blind trust lol

Does anybody know how fast the waitlist movement is? I know they say it's by rank but they do not tell you where you are ranked. Also, let's say you are number 5 on the waitlist if 5 people drop is it an automatic acceptance email that goes out?

Reactions: 2 users
Do any current students know anything about the pre-matriculation program SLU offers?

Does anybody know how fast the waitlist movement is? I know they say it's by rank but they do not tell you where you are ranked. Also, let's say you are number 5 on the waitlist if 5 people drop is it an automatic acceptance email that goes out?

I had an interview with another school yesterday and their admissions person went into lots of detail on this. By April 15, AMCAS asks anybody holding multiple acceptances to reduce their list to 3 schools. By April 30, EVERYONE is asked to reduce their list to ONE school. So basically it's up to the integrity of this year's applicants whether they'll follow these suggestions or not. Also, after April 30 the schools get names of the exact students who've selected that they 'plan to enroll' or 'commit to enroll' at their school. This will cause admissions to alter their waitlists quite a bit.

TLDR; expect an influx of updates from schools after April 30.

• Okay...
Reactions: 4 users
I had an interview with another school yesterday and their admissions person went into lots of detail on this. By April 15, AMCAS asks anybody holding multiple acceptances to reduce their list to 3 schools. By April 30, EVERYONE is asked to reduce their list to ONE school. So basically it's up to the integrity of this year's applicants whether they'll follow these suggestions or not. Also, after April 30 the schools get names of the exact students who've selected that they 'plan to enroll' or 'commit to enroll' at their school. This will cause admissions to alter their waitlists quite a bit.

Thank you for clearing it up! So I’ve only gotten into one school but I’m on the waitlist for couple of schools that I would like to attend. Do you know if it is Mandatory to “plan to enroll” on April 30? Or can I just leave it unattended. I’m afraid that if I PTE, then the other schools might see that as a sign I’m no longer interested in them

Thank you for clearing it up! So I’ve only gotten into one school but I’m on the waitlist for couple of schools that I would like to attend. Do you know if it is Mandatory to “plan to enroll” on April 30? Or can I just leave it unattended. I’m afraid that if I PTE, then the other schools might see that as a sign I’m no longer interested in them

You would have to verify with admissions at whatever school you were accepted at, but many schools say if you don't PTE to them that they can rescind acceptance.

Edit: Changed Saint Louis admissions to admissions at whatever school you were accepted at.

Keep in mind that some people have been accepted at more than 3 places so these rules are really for them as they're holding up seats that potential WL'd students can have. Hence, any day after April 30 being important for WL updates.

Selecting PTE isn't the same as committed to enroll and my own take is that CTE is more serious than PTE (LOL, that's just my take). Also, back in the day AMCAS apparently let schools know exactly which schools a student selected the two options for, but that has been done away with. I'm guessing that all they'll see in AMCAS now is that so-and-so has planned to enroll at (insert number of unnamed schools). Again, that's a guess and my last statement is not official information.

I wonder if AMCAS has this written out somewhere - like exactly what schools can see for each applicant at each April deadline date...

Keep in mind that some people have been accepted at more than 3 places so these rules are really for them as they're holding up seats that potential WL'd students can have. Hence, any day after April 30 being important for WL updates.

Selecting PTE isn't the same as committed to enroll and my own take is that CTE is more serious than PTE (LOL, that's just my take). Also, back in the day AMCAS apparently let schools know exactly which schools a student selected the two options for, but that has been done away with. I'm guessing that all they'll see in AMCAS now is that so-and-so has planned to enroll at (insert number of unnamed schools). Again, that's a guess and my last statement is not official information.

I wonder if AMCAS has this written out somewhere - like exactly what schools can see for each applicant at each April deadline date...

Schools can see aggregate data now (total number that selected PTE and number that did not - you can only PTE at 1 school). Come April 30th they can see individual responses and you must go down to 1 acceptance, but can keep WL. PTE only helps with seat guesstimates. CTE guarantees you will attend and must withdraw from acceptances and waitlists.

I was placed on the alternate list in January but got an email today saying to accept or deny my position on the alternate list. Anybody else got that today or did you guys get that earlier?

I was placed on the alternate list in January but got an email today saying to accept or deny my position on the alternate list. Anybody else got that today or did you guys get that earlier?
I also just got that email today. Placed on alternate early February. I noticed no change when I accepted and hit submit though.

I also just got that email today. Placed on alternate early February. I noticed no change when I accepted and hit submit though.
Same here, I think I clicked the submit button too many times too just to make sure lol

Thank you so much!!!do you know how many people are usually waitlisted because there are people who were waitlisted since oct and nov some interviewed at the end of February would the people who interviewed and Wait listed in February be on the back of the waitlist?

I got waitlisted on March 13 (interviewed late Jan). When I got my waitlist email, it asked me to accept or deny my position so I accepted it. Did not get any email today. In ur original waitlist email, did it say you have to accept or deny your position on the alternate list?

I got waitlisted on March 13 (interviewed late Jan). When I got my waitlist email, it asked me to accept or deny my position so I accepted it. Did not get any email today. In ur original waitlist email, did it say you have to accept or deny your position on the alternate list?

not OP, but when I got WL back in February, my email didn’t mention anything about accepting the position on the portal, so I found out about it a couple weeks later.

Thank you so much!!!do you know how many people are usually waitlisted because there are people who were waitlisted since oct and nov some interviewed at the end of February would the people who interviewed and Wait listed in February be on the back of the waitlist?

As far as waitlist positions in relation to interview date and the number of people on the waitlist, you'd have to reach out to admissions. I think they're more likely to let you know the number of students on the waitlist versus where you are on the waitlist list. The latter sounds like more sensitive/confidential information that they're unlikely to share. One school shared their number of students they invited to the WL in their communications with WL students - but that is dependent on each school.

not OP, but when I got WL back in February, my email didn’t mention anything about accepting the position on the portal, so I found out about it a couple weeks later.
Yes you were supposed to hit accept or deny but you don’t get a confirmation email. I wish they would send us a confirm saying you accepted the wait list so we know on our end.

As far as waitlist positions in relation to interview date and the number of people on the waitlist, you'd have to reach out to admissions. I think they're more likely to let you know the number of students on the waitlist versus where you are on the waitlist list. The latter sounds like more sensitive/confidential information that they're unlikely to share. One school shared their number of students they invited to the WL in their communications with WL students - but that is dependent on each school.
Ok thanks is it’s hard to get a hold of them on the phone most are saying email them if you have any questions.

Anyone know the protocol for withdrawing an acceptance?
To withdraw your application, please submit an e-mail to the address below.

email: [email protected]
Saint Louis University School of Medicine
Office of Admissions
1402 S. Grand Blvd., C130
St. Louis, MO 63104
Phone: 314-977-9875
FAX: 314-977-9825

withdrew my A, good luck guys!

Reactions: 10 users
Checked my SLU email and saw that I was offered a diversity scholarship of 10,000 renewable each year?? Lol i dont think i ever applied for it?

Checked my SLU email and saw that I was offered a diversity scholarship of 10,000 renewable each year?? Lol i dont think i ever applied for it?

During my interview day, the financial aid advisor said some scholarships are based solely on your fafsa and demographics

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew my A, hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 6 users
Reactions: 3 users
slu had my hopes up for 0.3 seconds today with that email

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users
slu had my hopes up for 0.3 seconds today with that email

Just looked, and last year they had movement starting on 4/23, 5 days after a similar email was sent. Maybe we'll hear something before 5/1

Reactions: 5 users