You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Seton Hall
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
JohnJohnson251
New Member
When did you interview?Just got the acceptance call! Today at 2:45pm 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anybody heard back about being waitlisted? Interviewed 1/28 and just wanna know my fate already lol
mushu22
Full Member
Just got the acceptance call! Today at 2:45pm 🙂
Congratulations!!!!!!!
I interviewed late December and I still haven’t heard anything. Still trying to hold out hope!Has anybody heard back about being waitlisted? Interviewed 1/28 and just wanna know my fate already lol
HarryPotterDoc2020
New Member
Does anyone know if Hackensack is still giving out II? If so do you know until when?
Really hoping to hear back by the end of this week or I'll be putting down a $2k deposit at another school 🙁
You join the facebook group?Just got the acceptance call! Today at 2:45pm 🙂
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
I don’t think there’s a Facebook groupYou join the facebook group?
Here's the link for the Facebook group! Log into Facebook | FacebookI don’t think there’s a Facebook group
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Thank you!!Here's the link for the Facebook group! Log into Facebook | Facebook
Can any current students (or anyone with any inside knowledge) comment on how the school is dealing with the covid-19 crisis?
Has anyone heard of when the second look is or immunization information?
I assume the second look day will be postponed or cancelled because of the coronavirus
I assume the second look day will be postponed or cancelled because of the coronavirus
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredoc883
New Member
Has anyone heard of when the second look is or immunization information?
I assume the second look day will be postponed or cancelled because of the coronavirus
I heard that it was supposed to be April 25th... no idea if it'll still happen
Withdrew my application. Post-interview, pre-decision. Best of luck everyone!
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
Has anyone else got the email that things are currently tentative due to covid-19?
Has anyone else got the email that things are currently tentative due to covid-19?
I did not (interviewed a month ago). Can I ask what it said?
No clue about immunization but the second look is tentatively April 25th depending on COVID19. It will be canceled the week of April 6th if necessary from the email they sent.Has anyone heard of when the second look is or immunization information?
I assume the second look day will be postponed or cancelled because of the coronavirus
Any post interview news for people? I’m guessing everything is delayed from covid
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Nothing besides the potential second look which will most likely be cancelled.Any post interview news for people? I’m guessing everything is delayed from covid
Any post interview news for people? I’m guessing everything is delayed from covid
Interviewed 1/28 and it's been silence since. I'm debating emailing but I doubt they would respond quickly with the whole situation rn.
Interviewed the same day, I called and they said decisions should be out by the end of next week. I’m sure things are hectic rn so I’d take that with a grain of saltInterviewed 1/28 and it's been silence since. I'm debating emailing but I doubt they would respond quickly with the whole situation rn.
Interviewed 1/28 and it's been silence since. I'm debating emailing but I doubt they would respond quickly with the whole situation rn.
Interviewed same day as well. I emailed last week and was told we'd hear back by the end of the month.
They are done sending out interviews as they are now all remote. They said they are sending out acceptances and whatever she called the other option.Does anyone know if Hackensack is still giving out II? If so do you know until when?
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
Probably alternate list or rejectionsThey are done sending out interviews as they are now all remote. They said they are sending out acceptances and whatever she called the other option.
futuredoc2110
Full Member
I'm also waiting for a response. I finished their secondary pretty much the day I got it back in Aug/Sept. Radio silence since.Does anyone know if they are still giving out II? The last few years' threads said they stopped at the end of March but with the COVID situation that might have changed?
I'm also waiting for a response. I finished their secondary pretty much the day I got it back in Aug/Sept. Radio silence since.
Sorry to hear that but at least we're both in the same boat! Good luck !
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
XannyFairy
Full Member
Is anyone else not being able to log on to the PirateNet portal per their email instructions?
SAMEIs anyone else not being able to log on to the PirateNet portal per their email instructions?
futuredoc883
New Member
I just called the service desk number and they had to change my password in order for it to get sorted outIs anyone else not being able to log on to the PirateNet portal per their email instructions?
Sameee, was anybody able to view their financial aid award on the portal?I just called the service desk number and they had to change my password in order for it to get sorted out
futuredoc883
New Member
I didn't see anything, not sure if they sent them out yetSameee, was anybody able to view their financial aid award on the portal?
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
+1 I don’t think they’re posted yet.I didn't see anything, not sure if they sent them out yet
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
I think they said by the end of the month right.+1 I don’t think they’re posted yet.
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Yeah they said mid-March but they might have pushed back that timeframe because of the current situation.I think they said by the end of the month right.
Yeah I logged in and coudlnt see anything. Thought it meant I wasnt awarded anything but the fact no one else can see anything gives me hope. Anyone else remember them saying that they would likely spit from Seton Hall by the time fafsa came around and would need to give new university codes out? And for sure they would split by matriculation? Or am I imagining things. Seems like a lot of effort to register us in the SH portal idk.
I heard it was going to be a few years before HM takes over completely, but who knows for sureYeah I logged in and coudlnt see anything. Thought it meant I wasnt awarded anything but the fact no one else can see anything gives me hope. Anyone else remember them saying that they would likely spit from Seton Hall by the time fafsa came around and would need to give new university codes out? And for sure they would split by matriculation? Or am I imagining things. Seems like a lot of effort to register us in the SH portal idk.
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
So I checked on the financial aid portal and there was something on the 2020-2021 year package and it was just a federal loan. Not sure if they're updating it or thats just what I got so can someone else double check to see if they received additional grants/scholarships!
+1So I checked on the financial aid portal and there was something on the 2020-2021 year package and it was just a federal loan. Not sure if they're updating it or thats just what I got so can someone else double check to see if they received additional grants/scholarships!
+1So I checked on the financial aid portal and there was something on the 2020-2021 year package and it was just a federal loan. Not sure if they're updating it or thats just what I got so can someone else double check to see if they received additional grants/scholarships!
I got a merit award on the portal along with the loanSo I checked on the financial aid portal and there was something on the 2020-2021 year package and it was just a federal loan. Not sure if they're updating it or thats just what I got so can someone else double check to see if they received additional grants/scholarships!
My financial aid just posted.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Same here!My financial aid just posted.
futuredoc883
New Member
Anyone know if the scholarships renew with each year?
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
They do!Anyone know if the scholarships renew with each year?
It happens once the school receives its full accreditation.I heard it was going to be a few years before HM takes over completely, but who knows for sure
"On March 19, 2018 the Network entered into a letter agreement with SHU which provides for the School of Medicine (“SOM”) to seek its own independent accreditation from its various accrediting and licensing bodies. Should the SOM receive such accreditation, the Network would assume full governance over the SOM."
from pg 8 https://www.hackensackmeridianhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/HMH-2018-Signed-Re-Issued-FS.pdf
Anybody hear back yet? Looks like they said end of the month (March)...hopefully we hear back by tomorrow? I know corona may have thrown a wrench in those plans.
Good luck everyone!
Good luck everyone!