You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Seton Hall
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ravensfan78
Full Member
No more II! I emailed them Tuesday to update them with my grades and they said they aren’t accepting updates and are done with their interview cycle.Haven't heard anything back, anyone know if they are still offering any more II?
premeddude44
Full Member
so they won't take any grade updates? Also any update when they will give out their final decisions for those of us left after interviews?No more II! I emailed them Tuesday to update them with my grades and they said they aren’t accepting updates and are done with their interview cycle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ravensfan78
Full Member
I’m sure that they will accept them for people that have interviewed! They just aren’t accepting for anyone rn pre-II because they aren’t having any more interviewsso they won't take any grade updates? Also any update when they will give out their final decisions for those of us left after interviews?
so they won't take any grade updates? Also any update when they will give out their final decisions for those of us left after interviews?
I'm >2 months post-interview and tried updating them a few weeks ago but they said they no longer accept any.
I’m really hoping 2moro is the day for all of us who haven’t heard back yet, I’m tired of waiting
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
For accepted students who received a finaid package, how long do we have until we have to accept the package?
premeddude44
Full Member
They emailed me today saying they would be giving out decision by the end of the month, so could we be waiting till the end of April?
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
I’m sorry to hear that, it’s a bit unfair for those they have waiting on decisions , either waitlist them, accept them or reject. Providing no answer until late April when some interviewed in November December or January is outrageous. Again as applicants we are all grateful and have no intention of being entitled but I feel for you and wish you the bestThey emailed me today saying they would be giving out decision by the end of the month, so could we be waiting till the end of April?
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
It all depends , i sent something hoping they would possibly match and they told me to hold on until mid April more money may free upFor accepted students who received a finaid package, how long do we have until we have to accept the package?
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Thank you!It all depends , i sent something hoping they would possibly match and they told me to hold on until mid April more money may free up
Mine says part of it was already accepted, I didn't need to do anything. But I have to choose to accept another part. Do you have an award already and asked them for more and they said wait until mid April?For accepted students who received a finaid package, how long do we have until we have to accept the package?
I interviewed In Feb but I didn’t get any email from them about decisions coming through April. Did anyone else get this too? If so when did you interview?They emailed me today saying they would be giving out decision by the end of the month, so could we be waiting till the end of April?
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
No I received my financial aid package that had awards already. I didn't ask them for more. However, they did say that the current awards are final, unless their scholarship pool changes for the better by the start of classes or after the academic year starts.Mine says part of it was already accepted, I didn't need to do anything. But I have to choose to accept another part. Do you have an award already and asked them for more and they said wait until mid April?
I interviewed In Feb but I didn’t get any email from them about decisions coming through April. Did anyone else get this too? If so when did you interview?
I also got an email yesterday that they'd be making decisions by the end of this month. I interviewed in January.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
It seems like they are responding to emails or sending them out as repliesI also got an email yesterday that they'd be making decisions by the end of this month. I interviewed in January.
premeddude44
Full Member
I wanted to ask if someone could explain the step 1/2 timeline and the guaranteed residency for their hospital system. I remember them talking about it at the interviews, but I just wanted to have it explained/clarified if someone could. Thanks!
I remember them saying as long as you passed step you were "guaranteed" a residency spot, although I'm sure this depends on the specialty. As for the timeline, the only thing I remember is that they do their own internal match before the national matchI wanted to ask if someone could explain the step 1/2 timeline and the guaranteed residency for their hospital system. I remember them talking about it at the interviews, but I just wanted to have it explained/clarified if someone could. Thanks!
Called admissions recently and was told should be around 2 weeks for those who haven't heard back yet post interview. Good waitlist movement at this school and not a big waitlist allegedly so its a good place to be! Fingers crossed.
For those without an II, has anyone here heard back about any decision? and did anyone receive a notification about the completion of their secondary?
nope nothingFor those without an II, has anyone here heard back about any decision? and did anyone receive a notification about the completion of their secondary?
njpremed564
Full Member
Hi everyone, I'm a current student at Hackensack Meridian. Overall, I've had a fantastic experience so far. Since second looks got canceled I can imagine deciding between schools is difficult so feel free to ask me any questions you might have!
lovelattes
New Member
Hello Friends,
I hope everyone is safe during this difficult time and thought I would send best wishes to my fellow applicants. To those of you on a waitlist, I am here to let you all know that I have withdrawn my acceptance after narrowing down my decision. Best of luck to the rest of you !!
I hope everyone is safe during this difficult time and thought I would send best wishes to my fellow applicants. To those of you on a waitlist, I am here to let you all know that I have withdrawn my acceptance after narrowing down my decision. Best of luck to the rest of you !!
BiologyNerd23
Full Member
+1 I haven’t even received a preliminary review complete email. Submitted everything in Sept. Emailed them about that in Feb with no response. :/nope nothing
Just spoke to someone in admissions on the phone, decisions will be coming out by April 30th at the latest. And she said they are still giving out acceptances.
which number did you call?Just spoke to someone in admissions on the phone, decisions will be coming out by April 30th at the latest. And she said they are still giving out acceptances.
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
From what i know they have sent the waitlist out already. Those whom are waitlisted have been notified
How do you know this?From what i know they have sent the waitlist out already. Those whom are waitlisted have been notified
From what i know they have sent the waitlist out already. Those whom are waitlisted have been notified
can anyone confirm this?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got a missed call from a 551 number. Do they usually call back or should I keep trying to get in touch with the school?
+1
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got an A call from the 551 number!Just got a missed call from a 551 number. Do they usually call back or should I keep trying to get in touch with the school?
For those of you who did not hear back at all- has anyone else been told that their secondary application did not go through?
I got an A call from the 551 number!
Nice! Congrats! I’m hopeful.
congratulations to those getting calls today!
Can I ask when you guys interviewed? (those who received calls today). Trying to gauge where they're at!
Sure, I interviewed on 1/28. I was honestly wondering if they forgot about my application haha, but I think they take a lot of time reviewing.
I interviewed on 1/23congratulations to those getting calls today!
Can I ask when you guys interviewed? (those who received calls today). Trying to gauge where they're at!
I also interviewed 1/23
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
congratulations to all accepted! Any idea if there is a priority waitlist vs. one standard waitlist?
premeddude44
Full Member
Are they done giving out acceptances?
Popcorn4dinner
New Member
After missing a call from the 551 number on 2/14 I finally got another call from them today at 11:30 with the A! So excited!
On the phone they said they were trying to reach the January/February people that they couldn’t reach via phone yet.
*interviewed 1/28
On the phone they said they were trying to reach the January/February people that they couldn’t reach via phone yet.
*interviewed 1/28
Just got another call with the A!!!!![]()
+1!!
+2!!
premeddude44
Full Member
called and they said they are giving out acceptances till the end of the month, hope this is true
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone been able to confirm this? Anyone been waitlisted or rejected yet?From what i know they have sent the waitlist out already. Those whom are waitlisted have been notified
So everyone who hasn’t been informed of the waitlist/rejection is just waiting on the acceptance call?
How soon after an acceptance call have people been receiving an email? I broke my phone a few days ago so I'm hoping my decision will be sent via email soon
How soon after an acceptance call have people been receiving an email? I broke my phone a few days ago so I'm hoping my decision will be sent via email soon
Over the phone today I was told my email would be coming later in the day but I haven’t received it yet. I’m hoping tomorrow or early next week.
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
It took a week to receive the email from when I got the call!How soon after an acceptance call have people been receiving an email? I broke my phone a few days ago so I'm hoping my decision will be sent via email soon
I got the email this morning! (One day after the call)How soon after an acceptance call have people been receiving an email? I broke my phone a few days ago so I'm hoping my decision will be sent via email soon
