2019-2020 Seton Hall

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The interview day was a positive experience! We first sat through a bunch of presentations and lunch. Their curriculum seemed pretty innovative. They have an accelerated three year curriculum, giving students the option to either graduate early (not just for primary care) or pursue a concentration their fourth year (e.g., research or community service). Interestingly, students go through clerkships before the Step 1 exam. The two interviews I had afterwards (each one on one, in person) were very relaxed and conversational. Apparently most applicants had one in person interview and one via Skype. The tour was interesting - I was particularly impressed by their simulated patient center. Overall I liked what I saw, though mandatory early classes and barely any breaks between the first three years are things to consider.
How much is given to prep for Step 1?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got my second ghost call from Hackensack, NJ yesterday.... I live in the Midwest and can’t think of a reason why that would ever happen...
 
prelim review complete email today. Submitted 9/13

I don't think getting this email is a good thing, but let's see how this unfolds.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
prelim review complete email today. Submitted 9/13

I don't think getting this email is a good thing, but let's see how this unfolds.
In the email though it states we meet requirements (which included their wacky LoR requirement) and they are reviewing our applications now. I would ignore the few who didn't get the the email but got IIs cause it's a small sample size (on SDN). Many more people received emails than didn't.
 
In the email though it states we meet requirements (which included their wacky LoR requirement) and they are reviewing our applications now. I would ignore the few who didn't get the the email but got IIs cause it's a small sample size (on SDN). Many more people received emails than didn't.

Thank you Batman for helping me see this more objectively.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed them about my committee letter way before to make sure it was okay. I got no response but I was put into review then about a month later complete for preliminary review.
Lol limeyguy I have nothing against you at all.. but you have 9 IIs already! RELAX 🤣
I know 🙁 It's just close to home. I'm pretty relaxed, I promise 🙂