2019-2020 SUNY - Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anybody who get accepted already would like to take a year off and be part of the super awesome class or 2025? So many of us in the waitlist would be super grateful i swear

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I didn't have that issue. Hours after my transcript was delivered, Downstate checked it off the prematric list. Maybe it ended up in their spam folder or someone opened it but frogot to check it off. You can either resend it all together or email them explaining that it was delivered. I would attach proof of the delivery.
thanks so much for letting me know. deff going to hit them up about it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted Guys 5/6 waitlist. Dreams come true
dont give up

• Love
Reactions: 28 users
Just got accepted Guys 5/6 waitlist. Dreams come true
dont give up

Congratulatioooooonnnnns!!! Genuinely happy for you!! I envy you sooo sooooo much tho! Staying optimistic is harder by the day, this entire process is so emotionally draining... i hope i’m next, this has been my dream school for a couple years now! I’m so glad this sdn community exists, and this specific thread has been such a delight, especially in the past couple of months! Thank you all ❤️

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone found a place to live yet? I’m getting worried because there hasn’t been any posts in the fb group

Thanks everyone for the congrats!!

I still can't believe it. I was scrambling right now to figure out how to complete the rest of the checklist stuff as soon as possible LOL.

Question for those who already did the entirety of the health forms. Did you guys just walk into an urgent care or your PCP office and say "Aye I need this stuff stat"? I already have a physical earlier this year so about 99% of what they are asking for I already have done I just need the lab slips from my PCP to attach and for them to sign.

How did you guys go about it?

Thanks everyone for the congrats!!

I still can't believe it. I was scrambling right now to figure out how to complete the rest of the checklist stuff as soon as possible LOL.

Question for those who already did the entirety of the health forms. Did you guys just walk into an urgent care or your PCP office and say "Aye I need this stuff stat"? I already have a physical earlier this year so about 99% of what they are asking for I already have done I just need the lab slips from my PCP to attach and for them to sign.

How did you guys go about it?
Congrats!!!! i have seen you here and there for so long, it's very deserved and i'm happy another one of us 5/6 people made it!!! just a question, What parts of the checklist had you done before the acceptance???? (i'm tryna do the same so pass some luck over haha)

to answer your question: I walked into UrgentCare and said hey I have some medical forms for school to fill out, it's a physical and some immunizations. they took me right away, we went through the forms together so they didn't miss anything. Make sure to deff ask for copies of the lab slips and from what people said here, make sure you get all the quantitative titers too. print out your checklist and bring that with you so they can see you need ALL those titers.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!!!! i have seen you here and there for so long, it's very deserved and i'm happy another one of us 5/6 people made it!!! just a question, What parts of the checklist had you done before the acceptance???? (i'm tryna do the same so pass some luck over haha)

to answer your question: I walked into UrgentCare and said hey I have some medical forms for school to fill out, it's a physical and some immunizations. they took me right away, we went through the forms together so they didn't miss anything. Make sure to deff ask for copies of the lab slips and from what people said here, make sure you get all the quantitative titers too. print out your checklist and bring that with you so they can see you need ALL those titers.

Thanks!

I had almost nothing done LOL. Only the really basic, bare minimum stuff. Didn’t do health forms or BLS pretty much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone found a place to live yet? I’m getting worried because there hasn’t been any posts in the fb group
There's probably no posts b/c it's not that active. I've been waiting forever for someone to accept me into that group lol. Also, yes, found a place to live but on the other side of the park.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's probably no posts b/c it's not that active. I've been waiting forever for someone to accept me into that group lol. Also, yes, found a place to live but on the other side of the park.

I think no one wants to be the “first poster” LOL

So most of you guys aren’t dorming? I’m torn between getting a place or just staying in the dorms because it’s across the street. What are most of you guys doing?

Also how did you all get your residency papers notarized? All banks are closed?

Reactions: 1 users
Did everyone else get a request for residency papers? I can't find it on the prematric checklist, so I don't know if I missed an email or something.

So most of you guys aren’t dorming? I’m torn between getting a place or just staying in the dorms because it’s across the street. What are most of you guys doing?

I found some random notary through the internet. Some places are opening up now though

If we have lived in NY our entire life and already got a financial aid award with in state tuition do we still need to submit a NYS residency application?
I didn’t receive any email asking for it

If we have lived in NY our entire life and already got a financial aid award with in state tuition do we still need to submit a NYS residency application?
I never got an email either. I've lived in NY my entire life. It just popped up on my pre matric thing.

I’m not sure? You should just email and ask. Im a NY resident and went to a college in NY and I had to do it then for college too so I’m assuming yes. I feel like they would have said not applicable to lifetime NY state residents if that was the case ya know

WhT does it show ok your prematric checklist? Is it checked off?

Because I graduated undergrad 2018 (even in NY) I had to fill out this forms. However, I think recent graduates don’t need to

I had sent my electronic transcript on the 12th and the transcript service says it was received on the 12th but I just got a reply from medadmissions saying it hasn't been received as of yet? uh anyone have that issue

I also sent an electronic transcript and the service notified my that it was received, but medadmissions hasn't checked it off yet. They also haven't been as responsive as they were the past few weeks since they are probably swamped. For those of you who have this marked as complete what was the address that you sent it to? Even though it's an electronic transcript they still required me to put in a mailing address lol :bigtears:

Not on my Prematric at all, only USA citizenship

If it's not on your prematric checklist then you're probably set. They probably already have some sort of proof of your residence on file.

UPS does notary for $15 a piece

Because I graduated undergrad 2018 (even in NY) I had to fill out this forms. However, I think recent graduates don’t need to
graduated last year and still have to. so thats weird. I know one of the requirements is an official transcript they say its worth the full 4 pts. I wonder if you have to do it if you send in your transcript first

I also sent an electronic transcript and the service notified my that it was received, but medadmissions hasn't checked it off yet. They also haven't been as responsive as they were the past few weeks since they are probably swamped. For those of you who have this marked as complete what was the address that you sent it to? Even though it's an electronic transcript they still required me to put in a mailing address lol :bigtears:
i had the same issue! i sent it to [email protected] on the 12th and it says its received but they didn't mark it off. They told me it might just been in a large group that is still in que? which is weird cause someone here said there's was marked in hours. When did you send yours?

For the New York residency document. I'm a green card holder with my permanent address to NY address. So I just submitted that as my proof of residency and it got checked off pretty fast. Do I still need to provide any more documents?

i had the same issue! i sent it to [email protected] on the 12th and it says its received but they didn't mark it off. They told me it might just been in a large group that is still in que? which is weird cause someone here said there's was marked in hours. When did you send yours?
I had the same issue. I asked for an update and they marked it all off.

Withdrawing my A, good luck to everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Did anyone do their BLS course online?

Yep, I did the hybrid online and then 1 hour skill check in-person. I would highly recommend (The full in-person is 3 hours) Also congratulations!!!

Yep, I did the hybrid online and then 1 hour skill check in-person. I would highly recommend (The full in-person is 3 hours) Also congratulations!!!
Thanks for the reply! and thanks for the congrats!

• Love
FYI Downstate just announced unit 5 will be completely virtual, which goes into November. No mention of unit 1 or 2 but I expect theyll send out a similar message to MS1s.

Reactions: 10 users

Mine said it was received on the 26th, I sent them 2 emails about it but have yet to hear anything back yet :(

Mine said it was received on the 26th, I sent them 2 emails about it but have yet to hear anything back yet :(

that's really weird... i think you should hit them up again because you sent yours even earlier than me and even i got an email back atleast expelling why there might be an issue

does anyone know how downstate prefers the transcripts to be sent? Can I email them a pdf of the official transcript?

does anyone know how downstate prefers the transcripts to be sent? Can I email them a pdf of the official transcript?
Yes! I sent an official transcript via PDF through my school. It was super easy they confirmed they received it within 24 hours. They won't accept if you email it to them personally so make sure it goes from your school to them.

Yes! I sent an official transcript via PDF through my school. It was super easy they confirmed they received it within 24 hours. They won't accept if you email it to them personally so make sure it goes from your school to them.

When I try to send a pdf version it gives me two addresses for downstate and says the graduate admissions for downstate requires a hard copy.
Did you have it sent to the med admissions email?

Last edited:
When I try to send a pdf version it gives me two addresses for downstate and says the graduate admissions for downstate requires a hard copy
I had the same thing! You have to enter manually rather than looking through the system itself for SUNY Downstate