2019-2020 SUNY - Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had the same thing! You have to enter manually rather than looking through the system itself for SUNY Downstate
did you manually have it sent to the med admissions email?

Members don't see this ad.

did you manually have it sent to the med admissions email?
no i used my school's transcript system, but when it asks where I want to send it i don't "choose" a school I write the address manually instead of the preselected "SUNY Downstate" that is there because i have the same issue as you where is says under or grad

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take for you guys to receive an email from AMCAS/Downstate with the link to the criminal background check?

Reactions: 1 user
How long did it take for you guys to receive an email from AMCAS/Downstate with the link to the criminal background check?
I got sent it around 2 days after my acceptance in Feb. Might be different for May/June acceptances though.

Did they say anything about whether classes would be online in the virtual chat yesterday?

They said that they have to wait for Cuomo to make a decision and can't announce until he gives the okay. It's one of the struggles of attending a state school. Also, for everyone confused about the NY residency forms, you only have to fill them out if you see it on your prematriculation checklist with that red exclamation point next to it. If you don't see it on the checklist, then they already know you are a NY resident.

Reactions: 2 users
They said that they have to wait for Cuomo to make a decision and can't announce until he gives the okay. It's one of the struggles of attending a state school. Also, for everyone confused about the NY residency forms, you only have to fill them out if you see it on your prematriculation checklist with that red exclamation point next to it. If you don't see it on the checklist, then they already know you are a NY resident.
Thanks!

Quick question about immunization form.

If you get quantitative titers (blood work) and go in for a follow-up appointment to get the missing shots, Do you have to repeat quantitative titers again for those that came in as negative? Or would the documentation saying I just got vaccinated for the missing ones suffice..?

Just want to make sure so I don't have to go in for the third time lol

Potentially a stupid question, I have not been vaccinated for meningitis within 5 years and my booster was more than 5 years ago. I should probably get one, but for the time being, is this required to start school?

Based on the form, I do not think it is, but I just wanted to check if others are in this boat.

Potentially a stupid question, I have not been vaccinated for meningitis within 5 years and my booster was more than 5 years ago. I should probably get one, but for the time being, is this required to start school?

Based on the form, I do not think it is, but I just wanted to check if others are in this boat.

It’s not required. There’s a consent form for it.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Nope, not required . Just sign that you’re aware of it and wont receive it.

The silence it's starting to speak to me, telling me don't worry, it will only be one more day.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Did anyone take the online BLS course and get a provisional certificate? I'm a little lost on how to now sign up for the in-person skills portion.

Did anyone take the online BLS course and get a provisional certificate? I'm a little lost on how to now sign up for the in-person skills portion.
My "in-person" skills portion involved FaceTiming my instructor and demonstrating learned skills on a makeshift model (paper-stuffed t-shirt with a large empty water bottle in the center). The pandemic version.

It depends on location. You sign up on the AHA website and set the filter to skills session and it’ll show you the sessions available in your location.

Quick question about immunization form.

If you get quantitative titers (blood work) and go in for a follow-up appointment to get the missing shots, Do you have to repeat quantitative titers again for those that came in as negative? Or would the documentation saying I just got vaccinated for the missing ones suffice..?

Just want to make sure so I don't have to go in for the third time lol
I asked DS about something like this. I already had all my blood work done back in Feb. They said that having older bloodwork is fine and just to worry about what you are misssing. I doubt you'd have to redo the titers!

• Love
Is downstate slow on adding people on the FB group page? They finally sent it in an email and I requested days ago and haven't been added. Im tryna find roommates and its July haha.

Is downstate slow on adding people on the FB group page? They finally sent it in an email and I requested days ago and haven't been added. Im tryna find roommates and its July haha.
I think they are slow on everything right now. Probably really overwhelmed with the July 1st thing coming up. And even then I think its hard for them to have everything done by July 1st

I think someone is approving people right now lol

I haven't been added in over 2 weeks

I was told by student health a week and a half ago that my forms were undergoing review but I still haven't gotten my forms checked off. I've followed up with them and haven't received a response... with it being so close to the July 1 deadline now, I'm worried that my forms will get rejected and I'll have to scramble getting things redone. Anyone in the same boat?

At this point, I'm only following up on my forms for the satisfaction of seeing the checklist be as complete as possible.

for my waitlist peeps are you guys still getting your health forms filled out and submitted?

heads up, just talked to downstate there is some leeway for the deadline about a day or two. so thats a little extra time if you need it

Reactions: 4 users
I was told by student health a week and a half ago that my forms were undergoing review but I still haven't gotten my forms checked off. I've followed up with them and haven't received a response... with it being so close to the July 1 deadline now, I'm worried that my forms will get rejected and I'll have to scramble getting things redone. Anyone in the same boat?
Did they ever get back to you on this?

On friday, someone wrote in this thread that they were withdrawing their acceptance from downstate. Do you guys think the committee offered admission to someone on the waitlist already or do you think someone will eventually get off this week?

On friday, someone wrote in this thread that they were withdrawing their acceptance from downstate. Do you guys think the committee offered admission to someone on the waitlist already or do you think someone will eventually get off this week?
Hopefully its the latter so someone from here can get in!

• Love
Any current or incoming students have any words of wisdom on the best way to find a roommate from Downstate from our class (or M2) for an off campus apartment? And also when leases are typically signed for M1 apts?

for my waitlist peeps are you guys still getting your health forms filled out and submitted?
I haven't done the medicals or BLS yet. However, they did say that anyone accepted after July 1st would be given time to get in the required documents. Does anyone if there is a different number we can call to speak to someone directly. I currently have an acceptance and need to know by mid July before I commit to the school.

Fingers crossed downstate has been busy recently bc they’re preparing to send out a bolus of A’s!

just wishful thinking...

• Love
At this point, I think they accepted someone but not everyone reports their acceptance on SDN unfortunately. I guess Downstate wouldn’t go 5 days with an empty seat in their class, especially not towards the end of the cycle... how many more people do you think they’ll accept before the first week of august? It’s really hard to keep clinging to hope

+1. someone here withdrew a few days ago, I wonder if they've sent out an acceptance after that

• Okay...
At this point, I think they accepted someone but not everyone reports their acceptance on SDN unfortunately. I guess Downstate wouldn’t go 5 days with an empty seat in their class, especially not towards the end of the cycle... how many more people do you think they’ll accept before the first week of august? It’s really hard to keep clinging to hope
I have no idea;/ i did have wishful thinking with the hopes that they were waiting to replace that seat but who knows?

Hey @ SUNY Downsate, I've officially completed everything on the checklist.... can y'all like accept me now? thanks

• Haha
Has anyone tried emailing and asking if they’re still picking from the waitlist? Like not your own status but if they’re picking at all from it anymore

Has anyone tried emailing and asking if they’re still picking from the waitlist? Like not your own status but if they’re picking at all from it anymore

I did! They said there are no current movement on the waitlist and that they did not know when or if or how much movement will happen. They said that they accept students off the waitlist until the first week of august!
HOWEVER, that night, someone got in, and the next day, someone withdrew their acceptance from Downstate. Nobody on SDN has reported getting accepted since.

recent admit here--sorry if you guys have already posted about this, but anyone know exactly when orientations and classes are going to start in aug? all i can find are academic calendars from 2019-2020 and i never got an email about it. assuming everything is virtual for the few months. to folks still on AL, don't give up hope!!

For the people who are admitted but not from the area, are you guys waiting to see what they say about online vs. in-person before finding housing or just going for it? I'd obviously rather it be in person, but I'll feel like such a clown paying NYC rent just to commute from the bedroom to the living room.

recent admit here--sorry if you guys have already posted about this, but anyone know exactly when orientations and classes are going to start in aug? all i can find are academic calendars from 2019-2020 and i never got an email about it. assuming everything is virtual for the few months. to folks still on AL, don't give up hope!!

congrats on your acceptance! when did you get the A? Were you waitlisted on 5/6 or 5/10? Thanks