-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 SUNY Upstate
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Schrödinger's Sloth
New Member
I just got pulled off the HPA list for the Binghamton Campus! Good luck to everyone who's currently waiting!
I just got pulled off the HPA list for the Binghamton Campus! Good luck to everyone who's currently waiting!
Call or email? And what was there prediction when you emailed them?
Congrats btw! 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations! Welcome!I just got pulled off the HPA list for the Binghamton Campus! Good luck to everyone who's currently waiting!
Schrödinger's Sloth
New Member
Call or email? And what was there prediction when you emailed them?
Congrats btw! 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
First found out via call, got an email afterwards. When I asked about my spot on the list, they told me I was in a good spot and they got to my position in past years. I hope that helps.
I would say most of the class has a car, but it's not necessary I know a bunch of poeple without them. It depends on where you want to live also. At Geneva your classmates are all there so there are plenty of people to catch a ride with, and several apartment complexes also have shuttles (Copper Beech, Theory, 505). If you live anywhere else you may want a car.Does anyone know if we would need a car for the first two years?
Does anyone know if we would need a car for the first two years?
I will echo what @justkeepswimming1050 said. Certainly not required if you live near campus as most of your classmates will have one. You can get away with it for the majority of 3rd/4th year too, but it would just be much easier (and less stressful) to buy one by then.
No idea when we will hear back... Also if there is just one or many of them? It would definitely influence my decision where to live..Did any of you who are planning to live in Geneva apply for the 6k a year scholarship? If you did, do you know about when we are supposed to hear back?
No idea when we will hear back... Also if there is just one or many of them? It would definitely influence my decision where to live..
I have no idea, but same. Maybe someone else here knows?
If you call the office at Geneva they may be able to tell you! Their phone number is 315 464-9407I have no idea, but same. Maybe someone else here knows?
Yes, Geneva is the only "on campus" camping. There are two nearby apartment buildings where a lot of med students live (Madison and Jefferson)I recently submitted my deposit. Any idea where I should start looking for off campus housing options? is Geneva Towers the only on campus housing?
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
I heard back today for those who are wondering about it.No idea when we will hear back... Also if there is just one or many of them? It would definitely influence my decision where to live..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations!Accepted yesterday off of the HPA list, first MD A!
Hey guys, I don't know if this is an appropriate place to ask, but I had a question regarding the housing. I applied for housing in Geneva Tower, and there is a lease that needs to be signed within two weeks. However, I'm still on a waitlist at a school that's closer to home. If I were to sign the lease for Geneva Tower, does that commit me to Upstate (hence, removing me from any waitlists)? Also, if I did sign the lease and was taken off the waitlist later, would I be able to cancel my contract for the lease? Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated!
I would check the language in the lease/ email [email protected]. They have been helpful for me. It probably works like most other leases where you have to pay a penalty to break it... but other than the money I don't think it commits you to Upstate. If you aren't sure about where you will go, I would just withdraw the housing application and submit it again later when you are sure you will attend ( you can submit it as late as September).Hey guys, I don't know if this is an appropriate place to ask, but I had a question regarding the housing. I applied for housing in Geneva Tower, and there is a lease that needs to be signed within two weeks. However, I'm still on a waitlist at a school that's closer to home. If I were to sign the lease for Geneva Tower, does that commit me to Upstate (hence, removing me from any waitlists)? Also, if I did sign the lease and was taken off the waitlist later, would I be able to cancel my contract for the lease? Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated!
Accepted today!!
Accepted today!!
Congrats! What did they tell you about your position on the waitlist?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Congrats! What did they tell you about your position on the waitlist?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
thanks! I actually didn’t call bc I was nervous what they would tell me LOL
Schrödinger's Sloth
New Member
Has anyone who was accepted off the HPA list gotten their financial aid package yet? I got my housing lease pretty quickly after applying for it, but I've heard nothing from financial aid.
When I was accepted it took a week or so for financial aid to come through, but I think they fast-tracked it because I was accepted so late. I would touch base with the financial aid office if you don't hear back by the end of next week.Has anyone who was accepted off the HPA list gotten their financial aid package yet? I got my housing lease pretty quickly after applying for it, but I've heard nothing from financial aid.
Withdrew yesterday so looks like you got the spot, congrats!Accepted this morning! Anyone else have a problem trying to view their acceptance letter on the portal? I'm getting a popup saying this page isn't working.
Future-Doctor 22
New Member
Got in off the HPA at the bing campus yesterday. Will be withdrawing shortly. I was told in my previous email I was at a spot on the HPA gotten to in previous years. I hope one of y'all gets it. Good Luck!
lavendershampoo
Full Member
was anyone able to get their deposit back after withdrawing? or is this something you have to specifically ask for?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
Anybody bought any of the required materials for POM1? Any advice about where to get them?
Just got that call from the commission !
A few folks asked so just To be clear the email about position on HPA said that I was in a position they had gotten to in previous years
Also just got the call for the A!
When I asked about my spot on the list about a month ago they told me some years they get to it and other years they didn't
When I asked about my spot on the list about a month ago they told me some years they get to it and other years they didn't
Are we supposed to get a welcome/accepted packet in the mail? I was accepted 05/12 and haven't received anything in the mail yet. Is that where you find out what books etc you have to get?
Just got the call!
Interviewed 2/3, HPA 3/13.
Big thank you to @justkeepswimming1050 for the chats!
Congrats! Would you mind sharing what they told you regarding your position?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Anyone accepted today for bing campus or all Syracuse?
Also just got the call for the A!
When I asked about my spot on the list about a month ago they told me some years they get to it and other years they didn't
Not sure what to think about this because they told me they’ve reached my spot in previous years
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Schrödinger's Sloth
New Member
Congrats to all you getting off the HPA list! Were all you guys Syracuse preferred or Syracuse only? I got off the list 2 weeks ago and got Binghamton even though I was Syracuse preferred. I'm totally fine with going to Binghamton for 3rd year, but I'm just confused as to why they didn't assign me to Syracuse if there were spots left.
Maybe has to do with maintaining a diverse class for each campus.
Congrats to all you getting off the HPA list! Were all you guys Syracuse preferred or Syracuse only? I got off the list 2 weeks ago and got Binghamton even though I was Syracuse preferred. I'm totally fine with going to Binghamton for 3rd year, but I'm just confused as to why they didn't assign me to Syracuse if there were spots left.
Could possibly be that they called you when a Bing spot opened up and you were next on the list. Seems like they pull people off one at at time as students withdraw. I'm Bing so I guess I'll see you there 😀
Really what you need is a stethoscope, a penlight, and mayyybe a reflex hammer and Snellen chart. There were a couple times where we needed a blood pressure cuff, but it was primarily for the clinical experiences and you can always borrow from someone else. Everything else is in the room when you need them!Anybody bought any of the required materials for POM1? Any advice about where to get them?
D
deleted959190
Just got the call today, was told they reached my spot in some years but not always
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!! May I ask if you selected Binghamton or Syracuse campus?Just got the call today, was told they reached my spot in some years but not always
Any current upstate students available for a couple questions ??
chiroks
Full Member
Hey, did you ask admissions about your chances of coming off the waitlist? If so, would you mind telling what they told you?Accepted off HPAL last week. Will withdraw today. Good luck everybody!