-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 SUNY Upstate
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
notruthisordinary
New Member
Rejected post-II, oddly surprised because I thought I had done well on the majority of the interview stations. Must have been because I had to face the standardized patient first during the MMI
I’m sorry. When did you interview?Rejected post-II, oddly surprised because I thought I had done well on the majority of the interview stations. Must have been because I had to face the standardized patient first during the MMI
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
notruthisordinary
New Member
01/22, sorry for not including that.I’m sorry. When did you interview?
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
Has anybody received their fin aid package yet? Is there a fb group for accepted students?
Has anybody received their fin aid package yet? Is there a fb group for accepted students?
There’s a fb group called “Upstate Student Orientation 2020” that includes all of the health related programs. Not sure if theres one solely for the COM though!
When you say Portal Cleared, what does that mean? My wife interviewed with you 2/3 and we haven't gotten any info yet, I'm trying to let her not think about it so I'd like to check if this happened to her tooInterviewed 2/3
Portal cleared yesterday, gave them a call and informed me of being on the HPA list 🙁
Never got an email
When you say Portal Cleared, what does that mean? My wife interviewed with you 2/3 and we haven't gotten any info yet, I'm trying to let her not think about it so I'd like to check if this happened to her too
When you go to the portal, your application should be displayed under the Processing tab. If look below your app that there should be something along the lines of "Your application is under committee review"
When your portal clears, that should not be displayed anymore.
When you go to the portal, your application should be displayed under the Processing tab. If look below your app that there should be something along the lines of "Your application is under committee review"
When your portal clears, that should not be displayed anymore.
Hmm, maybe I'm not looking at the right portal, is it the one where she filled out her secondary application? The one I'm looking at has her 2020 application in a table, not a tab, and it just says "processed". It doesn't say anything about committee review but I don't think I've ever seen that there. Is it the Bannerweb portal or are we missing a link?
Edit: I noticed some others saying their acceptance email went to spam so I've checked all her email inboxes and spam boxes and I don't see anything. Probably should just wait.
Last edited:
Hmm, maybe I'm not looking at the right portal, is it the one where she filled out her secondary application? The one I'm looking at has her 2020 application in a table, not a tab, and it just says "processed". It doesn't say anything about committee review but I don't think I've ever seen that there. Is it the Bannerweb portal or are we missing a link?
Edit: I noticed some others saying their acceptance email went to spam so I've checked all her email inboxes and spam boxes and I don't see anything. Probably should just wait.
No you are looking at the right one. Since you see nothing about committer review under Fall 2020, then most likely it is cleared.
maryidafrancis
Full Member
anyone know if they’re cancelling second look?
anyone know if they’re cancelling second look?
When is the second look? I must have missed that information.
maryidafrancis
Full Member
When is the second look? I must have missed that information.
march 30!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Premed199700
New Member
Has anyone who interviewed after 2/3 heard back yet?
Out of curiousity, are you in state or out of state? I'm trying to figure out why we haven't heard anything at all yet given there seem to be people who interviewed on 2/3 who know their fateA today. Int 02/03.
hopefulmed57
Full Member
Got an email about an hour ago saying that Second Look was cancelled and will now be done virtually on that same day starting at 10am, but they are still finalizing the schedule.anyone know if they’re cancelling second look?
I just saw this tweet from Upstate. I wonder how this will impact those of us waiting to hear a decision.
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
I just got it today and I was accepted 3/4How long did it take to receive the MyUpstate login email?
Still waiting on it after deposit.
I got mine several days ago. It was all loans.Anyone received a financial aid package yet?
My portal cleared. No email yet. I interviewed 2/12.
Premed199700
New Member
+1My portal cleared. No email yet. I interviewed 2/12.
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
How do you login into MyUpstate? I got an email asking me to login but no credentials on it. Anybody has any idea on how to get them?
I may be completely wrong (it's been >3 years), but I think the username is "A[AMCAS ID]" and password is your birthday (written as 01012001 for Jan 1st, 2001).How do you login into MyUpstate? I got an email asking me to login but no credentials on it. Anybody has any idea on how to get them?
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
I tried that but it doesn't work. They provided me w an ID # but no password.I may be completely wrong (it's been >3 years), but I think the username is "A[AMCAS ID]" and password is your birthday (written as 01012001 for Jan 1st, 2001).
When I got the email about logging in to MyUpstate it took a while before I was actually able to log in. I think you have to wait until you get information about your email and stuff like that.I tried that but it doesn't work. They provided me w an ID # but no password.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who received their financial aid package, did you get an email about it first? I didn't but when I checked MyUpstate I'm able to download the PDF but it doesn't look like I have any loans offered. I'm not sure if they just haven't completed mine yet.
Where do you find this? I have no financial aid information available.
I received an email saying my financial aid was available, and I got a new login with it
Where do you find this? I have no financial aid information available.
I logged into MyUpstate through “enter secure area”, and clicked the Financial Aid tab. Then I just started clicking the different options until I found a PDF I can download. But I realized I can’t even accept my “offer” yet (assuming that’s because I don’t have an offer available yet).
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
Does anyone know Jennifer Welch's email? I have not received my finaid package and from what I heard at the virtual 2nd look day I should have.
hopefulmed57
Full Member
I believe it's [email protected]Does anyone know Jennifer Welch's email? I have not received my finaid package and from what I heard at the virtual 2nd look day I should have.
I also didn't receive my financial aid package but it turns out the email with my financial aid package was sent to Groupwise and I had received it last Tuesday.
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
Thanks a lot. I checked on the portal but there's nothing there. Can I access groupwise with the same login info as the portal?I believe it's [email protected]
I also didn't receive my financial aid package but it turns out the email with my financial aid package was sent to Groupwise and I had received it last Tuesday.
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
Just received my finaid package and ii am very underwhelmed by it. Did anyone got scholarships or is this not a thing here?
Where did you receive your package? The portal or groupwise?Just received my finaid package and ii am very underwhelmed by it. Did anyone got scholarships or is this not a thing here?
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
The portal. I don't have credentials for groupwise.Where did you receive your package? The portal or groupwise?
Credentials for groupwise was emailed to us on 2/21/20The portal. I don't have credentials for groupwise.
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
I probably didn't get it cuz I was accepted on 3/4 but they probably should have updated and send me the info already. I guess with all the chaos of corona some things are being lost in translation.Credentials for groupwise was emailed to us on 2/21/20
Schrödinger's Sloth
New Member
Portal cleared, interviewed 2/17!
Me too, did you get an email yet?
chiroks
Full Member
I did, it went to spam Friday afternoon. Got placed on the HPA listMe too, did you get an email yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Schrödinger's Sloth
New Member
I did, it went to spam Friday afternoon. Got placed on the HPA list
Yup, same here. If you're curious, you can email them about how good your odds are/if they got to your spot on the list in past years. I haven't gotten into any other schools, so I asked about where I stood and I got a timely response saying I was in a good spot on the list.
chiroks
Full Member
Oh great, I thought we could only do that starting in May. I will reach out and congrats on the good spot!Yup, same here. If you're curious, you can email them about how good your odds are/if they got to your spot on the list in past years. I haven't gotten into any other schools, so I asked about where I stood and I got a timely response saying I was in a good spot on the list.
Can any current students clarify if Upstate has a simulation center/what the resources are?
Yup, same here. If you're curious, you can email them about how good your odds are/if they got to your spot on the list in past years. I haven't gotten into any other schools, so I asked about where I stood and I got a timely response saying I was in a good spot on the list.
Who did you email?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Schrödinger's Sloth
New Member
I just sent a general "To whom it may concern" email to [email protected] and I got a response back from someone in a couple hours.