2019-2020 SUNY Upstate

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do applications count as complete only after CASPER has been received? I finished the secondary application 7/15 but CASPER wasn't received until 9/4. I haven't heard anything since then... is that a bad sign? (Instate 510/3.9-cumulative and science)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You receive an email, they put HOLD in all caps to drive the point home haha.
"At this time, we would like to inform you that your application has been placed on HOLD. Your application will be reviewed again once the entire applicant pool has been reviewed. The re-review process does not begin until AFTER December 1st."

That's unnecessary. The only thing worse would be bolding it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Silly neurotic question... Anyone know what time on October 15 decisions are revealed?

What's the policy on thank you notes? One general one sent to admissions?
I was told by the Dean at Upstate not to bother writing one. I was told I could if I really wanted to, but she's very honest about it not affecting the decision. Your MMI interviewers don't remember you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HPA as well! Kind of bummed since I thought my interview went really well, but I am hoping for the best. Anyone have any data about HPA movement throughout the year?

Hoping for the best for everyone!
 
For HPA there is generally decent movement but it depends on the year. I have friends that attend Upstate and were pulled from the HPA list. Some tips from them were that you can call the office towards the end of the cycle and they will tell you your chances, they will say "typically we reach past your spot" vs "we have reached your spot in the past but it isn't common". Your movement on the HPA list can also be impacted by the rotation location you pick for 3rd year.
But here I am still on the pre-II hold :laugh: