2019-2020 SUNY Upstate

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was accepted and sent in my deposit. But now my acceptance letter in my portal has disappeared. Happen to anyone else?
 
Was accepted and sent in my deposit. But now my acceptance letter in my portal has disappeared. Happen to anyone else?

+1. I was gonna call but then I got an email like a day after I noticed the letter was gone that all my stuff was received.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In light of recent news at SyracuseU regarding the string of attacks against minorities, can any current students (or anyone really) comment on how close/ connected the medical school is to the undergrad campus?
 
In light of recent news at SyracuseU regarding the string of attacks against minorities, can any current students (or anyone really) comment on how close/ connected the medical school is to the undergrad campus?

SU is not associated with Upstate. Upstate is a SUNY school, and SU is a private school. The campuses were kinda close to each other though. The situation is unfortunate, but I wouldn’t expect medical students to be that immature
 
In light of recent news at SyracuseU regarding the string of attacks against minorities, can any current students (or anyone really) comment on how close/ connected the medical school is to the undergrad campus?
SU is basically across the street from the med school building, but honestly you'll never go there and really you'll never interact with any SU students.
 
I sent them an update email a few weeks ago and then got the II out of the blue
Can I ask what you stated in your update email? I have been continuing the same community and hospital volunteer positions and have been in the same research group that I stated in my application. I'm pretty much continuing everything I said I would be and doing it well. I got the hold letter but I did apply late (Sep 30th).
 
Can I ask what you stated in your update email? I have been continuing the same community and hospital volunteer positions and have been in the same research group that I stated in my application. I'm pretty much continuing everything I said I would be and doing it well. I got the hold letter but I did apply late (Sep 30th).

You could mention how many additional hours in each activity especially if it is a large sum. In my letter I made it more of an update/continued interest letter!
 
Hey y’all! For anyone who has already interviewed, how long did they say it would take to hear back? Interviewed 11/18.
I also interviewed on 11/18. I think they said we should hear back by the end of the second week in December
 
Interviewed 11/20 and they were saying 2-3 weeks for us, not sure if they were including thanksgiving or assuming we shouldn’t count that week.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any MSTPs who were put on hold earlier in the cycle hear back? They said they would start re-reviewing applications after December 1st.

So it seems they conducted all of the MD/PhD interviews between Dec 8-9 and 10-11. At least at the interview it seemed like that was all. I'm not totally sure though. I was originally put on hold late September, but was given an interview invite in October.
 
Checked this early morning around 9AM EST! I had it on the home page of the portal! It said something like "Congratulations" and an acceptance letter was there. So thrilled as this is my first acceptance and my #2 favorite school! No email received - only saw it on the portal.

Interviewed 11/13. Accepted today - 12/11.

Please everyone make sure you check your portal. Shout out to drbilirubin for letting us know!
 
Last edited:
Did most people send an update through the portal or email? Also does anyone know if they are receptive to additional LORs?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did most people send an update through the portal or email? Also does anyone know if they are receptive to additional LORs?

Their deadline for additional LOR was 12/1.

“ Submit Letters of Recommendation
SUNY Upstate Medical University participates in the AMCAS Letter of Recommendation Service. Appropriate letters of recommendation must be submitted to AMCAS by December 1. All letters must be submitted directly to AMCAS.”